Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This year he hasn't broken anything new but he has hardly tweeted at all. But go back to last year's trade period he was reporting new stuff well before it become news. This is nothing like a random twitter person imo but happy to delete
Nah it’s just from bigfooty threads or other footy forums you haven’t read. Everything about us he tweeted was straight from BF.

We are too loyal. It’s the way we operate. Whoever starts dialogue with us first we’ll honour it. Not surprised if we prioritise Baker ahead of Pickett..

At the end of the day our players already had a meeting with him didn’t they.

Has to go both ways though. We are clearly choice #2 for Baker. He should be treated accordingly and put in the bin.

This year he hasn't broken anything new but he has hardly tweeted at all. But go back to last year's trade period he was reporting new stuff well before it become news. This is nothing like a random twitter person imo but happy to delete
He also reported a bunch of things that are flat out wrong which are just straight off bigfooty, like Wines to Essendon or Haynes to North. His feed is about 40% scattergun rumours off BF and 60% hounding actual footy journalists, or other rando accounts, about stealing his credit for the ones that proved true.

No he wasn't, he was just ripping stuff from bigfooty

It's the same every year

I have no real clear memory of him playing even though I was aware of him at the time (memorable name). Just checked his stats and discovered why that's the case..
I remember him, nice guy who still has a lot of mates here in WA and was a popular cricketer, a batter with sweet timing but didn't have a great defense outside off stump. He would have pretty good intel here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, agree it is unlikely but it would be hard for him to say no to his chance of a flag, even if it was only a 5% chance he was in the best 23.

A lot of fringe players will be working extra hard over the preseason to lock in their spot.

I am getting ahead of myself (as we all are), but Duffield mentioned rotating/resting players through the year.

Assuming we get Pickett and Bolton, I like the idea of rotating the squad with 26 or so players, and having players like Voss, Erasmus, Fyfe, Draper, Davies, Worner, Wagner, Simpson, Reidy, Banfield rotating through the squad to ensure all the players are fresh.

At the start of the year, you may say Darcy will play 16 to 20 games, and Reidy will definitely play 3.
Pearce will only play 15 games max, and Draper and Davies play the rest of games. We need him for finals, so I would be tempted to say he only plays 10 games during the season.
Fyfe will play a max of 10 games, and Erasmus plays the rest.
Voss plays 10+ games, and Jackson, Amiss and Treacy plan to miss 3 or so game each.

If any players gets an injury or is a bit sore, they will be rested for 2 weeks to help them recover.

We had the chance to do that this year, would have been good to get at least 3 or 4 games into the likes of Brodie and Cooper Simpson but we didn't. Can't see that changing next year.

Ras having an extra 20 full games under his belt would have been a huge benefit. He's already dominating the WAFL and can only improve so much playing at the lower level. Some short term pain but it needs to happen. Ideally over the past 2 years when we didn't play finals anyway.

Cooper Simpson ahead of Banfield for a few games would have been great development too.

We had the chance to do that this year, would have been good to get at least 3 or 4 games into the likes of Brodie and Cooper Simpson but we didn't. Can't see that changing next year.
Brodie needs to be used as steak knives, if Melbourne lose Trac, they could use an inside mid along with Cerra who’s better outside.

Being best 22 for 10 or so games is a curly way of saying your playing in the WAFL isn't it?

With a young group 2 guys with experience driving standards in the gym and on the track is a good thing. They're contracted so we have to pay them any way. Fyfe especially has nothing to gain from playing for Peel, we might see him as the 24th man in case there's a late change some times next year.

You'd want three picks in the first round you'd think. He's a gun who's given no indication he wants out.
On the AA awards night interview last night his face looked very banged up.

He said he has been told he needs to protect himself more.

Apparently Ken has told him not to tackle the big blokes ha ha.

He is one opposition player I love to watch and can win a game off his own boot.

He would command a very high price if he ever left Port.

With a young group 2 guys with experience driving standards in the gym and on the track is a good thing. They're contracted so we have to pay them any way. Fyfe especially has nothing to gain from playing for Peel, we might see him as the 24th man in case there's a late change some times next year.

How we handle Fyfe is going to be interesting, I think he's past it and not best 22 BUT I also can't see him playing WAFL for a month+. Just can't see it ending well next year regardless, if we don't pick him I imagine he retires (which is a sad way to go out for a champ) and if we do pick him he will struggle.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back