Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We are too loyal. It’s the way we operate. Whoever starts dialogue with us first we’ll honour it. Not surprised if we prioritise Baker ahead of Pickett..

At the end of the day our players already had a meeting with him didn’t they.

Baker to WC for a F2 makes sense. We don't have the cap space for a 600k role player who is a slight upgrade on Banfield.

Careful don't upset Shane!

Shane cost himself a lot of money over moderating Dockerland. If you said anything negative or disagreed with his view you were deleted so people stopped going there. If he had created a website that was moderated but welcoming of all Freo supporters it becomes a place that could have generated pretty good advertising revenue.

Soon....

pC49DCA.png

How we handle Fyfe is going to be interesting, I think he's past it and not best 22 BUT I also can't see him playing WAFL for a month+. Just can't see it ending well next year regardless, if we don't pick him I imagine he retires (which is a sad way to go out for a champ) and if we do pick him he will struggle.

Anything could happen. He doesn't need the money, wouldn't be surprised if we brought in Pickett and Bolton if Fyfe retired before final list lodging. Especially if he has any injury concerns early pre-season.

FTR, if it was still possible, I'd happily add Baker to Bolton and Pickett because I think we'd be taking the **** at that point.

But we simply have to prioritise Pickett (and Chad if relevant) over Baker.

If we get Pickett and Bolton it becomes hard to get Warner next year. If we also add Baker there's no chance of bringing in Warner because we won't have cap space. The pick for Baker isn't the main problem, his 600k salary is the issue IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are too loyal. It’s the way we operate. Whoever starts dialogue with us first we’ll honour it. Not surprised if we prioritise Baker ahead of Pickett..

At the end of the day our players already had a meeting with him didn’t they.
Kinda have to operate this way though don't we? Bad look for the club and future dealings to go back on your word.

I'd say Emmett is cooked and Freddy is in zero danger. Freddy plays a different role to either of those two and is not replaced by either.

Freddy would also be a better winger than JoM.

Clubs absolutely love blokes that are fast and can run.
In the games I saw live last year it was so obvious how often Freddy is free but a player further up the field either miss kicks or fumbles so he doesnt end up with the ball. We really need a genuine outside speedster on a wing and Freddy's looked great in my opinion te brief amount of time he's played that role. No one benefits more if we get Bolton and Picket than Freddy is my view. He also looked to be in amazing shape with his running at the start of last preseason before he got injured. If he is running at his best he is the injection of outside pace our midfield needs along with NOD.

I still can't believe they got all that done actually. Just bent Dogs over backwards. Ridiculous off season and shows how completely busted the points system became

Traded down from our first round pick to an early second to get more points (lol) and then traded that early second rounder, a future first and a future second from geelong along with a fair few swaps for future thirds.

Still survived the Dogs retaliatory bid for Fletcher at pick 12 (earlier than expected).

Kinda have to operate this way though don't we? Bad look for the club and future dealings to go back on your word.
I remember Walls saying that some of these trades are years in the making and there is a lot of behind the scenes negotiating with player managers.

However we have also had players back flip on us when we thought we had them.

To get back to your actual list needs...

Bolton and Pickett couldn't be more perfect. It will be hard and will cost a heap of picks, but if you can make it happen, you should. You've already taken a heap of first round picks and are still a super young team, now is the time to be aggressive.

If we get Pickett and Bolton it becomes hard to get Warner next year. If we also add Baker there's no chance of bringing in Warner because we won't have cap space. The pick for Baker isn't the main problem, his 600k salary is the issue IMO.
You would think so, but we really don't know.

But that's why I said I'd priorotise Warner over Baker. He's much better and younger.

In the games I saw live last year it was so obvious how often Freddy is free but a player further up the field either miss kicks or fumbles so he doesnt end up with the ball. We really need a genuine outside speedster on a wing and Freddy's looked great in my opinion te brief amount of time he's played that role. No one benefits more if we get Bolton and Picket than Freddy is my view. He also looked to be in amazing shape with his running at the start of last preseason before he got injured. If he is running at his best he is the injection of outside pace our midfield needs along with NOD.

Freddy fumbles the most out of the forwards

I’ll take Bolton and Pickett now and have a greater chance at a flag in 2025.
Especially if we can close the deal now, Warner could always change his mind in 12 months times no matter what he says.

Maybe he's best mates with Logan McDonald and he wanted to come back to play for Freo with him. Since we changed our mind on Mcdonald, he's playing the long game to reject us in the last stretch.

I feel like Warner isn't a huge need either with Bolton & Pickett. Plus it would give our three A grade mids scope to improve if they can add more goals, Young could very well turn into the Bont.

That said, if you can get all three I won't be complaining.

I hope Freddy concentrates on his decision making and ball handling skills this off-season.

He does everything at pace but some of his turnovers and missed shots on goal killed us this year.

Controversial but I'll go as far as saying I actively don't won't Warner if we get Bolton and Pickett. Too much overlap with Bolton, not enough defending all around the ground.

Who need defence…cmon…

Andy can become the tagger…Noddy defensive winger.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back