Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Switta and Baker have about the same trade value as each other this year?

I believe so given their very similar output statistically and that Switta is contracted and Baker is not, but that should be open to negotiation because a leader of our club with two years on contract is quite a big rating within the walls.

I believe so given their very similar output statistically and that Switta is contracted and Baker is not.

It’s a second round. Maybe a late one at that. He’s 28 and pressures. Moves through the midfield ok, but not often. Not particularly damaging. Who’s paying more for that?

It’s a second round. Maybe a late one at that. He’s 28 and pressures. Moves through the midfield ok, but not often. Not particularly damaging. Who’s paying more for that?
Elite for score launches. Above average for score involvements and assists.
Elite for tackles, above average for clearances. Elite for frees for.

Most of those are skewed because he’s a small forward playing midfield, but still.

We should absolutely rate him as a late first. Makes it better value when he gets included in one of the other trades as a goody

I don’t reckon they are too far off. I agree though Baker has higher rating - although Switta is out of contract.
Baker = 19-24 range (similar to Jordan Clark for comparison)
Switta (contracted) = 24-29 range (similar to Liam Henry for comparison)

Switta > 28 (Essendon)
27,28 > 14/15 (Brisbane) - Brisbane needs points for Ashcroft that is over 300 extra points if we’re talking 15.

Port is currently 17 - let’s hope that drops to 16.

Imagine if we had

9,16 > Bolton and some change for Freo
10,15 > Picket and some change for Freo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. There’s a small chance our first pick might turn into the next Bolton or Kossie
LMAO! You win the day, sir.
video game winner GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Is reddit our prominent other board? Dockerland isn't really a thing anymore is it?

Whenever I explore other digital media forum realms for Fremantle I find myself more gratuitous to have found BigFooty.

There is no Facebook or Instagram page where people read actual Dockers analysis or posts beyond 50 characters and provide reasonable feedback or observations. Reddit isn't terrible, but the rating system is like watching a US Presidential squiggle, it's pure identity politics.

Only on BigFooty Freo have I ever seen essay post observations (ie more than 1000 words) that could actually receive the highest number of likes in a thread, with multiple responses.

Like, there's a high number of people who actually read in-depth, think about it and respond.

Most posters who join and use every second word with CAPITALS like they're on FACEBOOK tend to bugger off quickly when they're not getting 100 trash likes to their post.

I reckon our heyday was 2013-2018 in terms of content quality but it's still very decent.

This place is a true community and I reckon staved off poorer mental health for a few.

The only thing missing is the regular BF catch-ups at the 'Fire'n'Ice' in Subi before home games and that delightful Yank Gil Griffin popping over to a degree of fanfare.

My understanding is that next season we would need AFL approval to trade a future first round pick.

Next year is a very long way away.

The article below clearly states that the 2015-2018 drafts are the relevant years for the 2019 trade period. Ergo, for the 2025 trade period, the relevant drafts are 2021-2024. We took Amiss and Erasmus in 2021.

We could be in the same situation in 2025 as Melbourne and Hawthorn were in 2019 with 2 picks from the 1st year of the relevant window and no other picks, and the articles says:
"They can do as they wish with their first-round pick in the 2019 NAB AFL Trade Period, including offloading a future one, because they have used at least two in the preceding four-year period."

It seems pretty clear to me that we can trade all our 2024 and 2025 firsts this year, then trade our 2026 first next year. The question is if we will be allowed to also trade the 2027 first, as the multi-year trading has yet to be brought in and they might need some further rules around it.

In the scenario we manage to recruit Pickett and Bolton I'm certain Switkowski still finds himself in the 22 should he not be traded.

We played tonnes of games this season with 8 forwards if I recall corcorrectly
Better balance is Sturt out to be honest. Bolton, Amiss, Pickett and Treacy is enough fire power, we'd be better off with more pressure from Switta

Better balance is Sturt out to be honest. Bolton, Amiss, Pickett and Treacy is enough fire power, we'd be better off with more pressure from Switta
Im pretty sure the plan will be to play Jackson more midfield next year. He dominated in that role when playing it in 2025 and if Fyfe isnt in the team we need his size rotating there in my opinion. I also think Fredd will play some wing and Bolton some onball meaning we'll play an extra forward if we get Picket and Bolton compared to 2024 is my prediction.

Im pretty sure the plan will be to play Jackson more midfield next year. He dominated in that role when playing it in 2025 and if Fyfe isnt in the team we need his size rotating there in my opinion. I also think Fredd will play some wing and Bolton some onball meaning we'll play an extra forward if we get Picket and Bolton compared to 2024 is my prediction.
Moving Freddy to wing is something I thought to, would be a real weapon. I still struggle to believe we can fit these contracts in and not lose someone good. Man these finals cant piss off fast enough

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back