4. More daylight
5. Baker
1. Bolton
2. Pickett
3. Space for Warner
3. Daylight
4. More daylight
5. Baker

the odds of pick 3 being better than Pickett is about 1%. what are you on about.
Neil Degrasse Tyson Madness GIF by First We Feast

So, not including the out of contract guys, who could just be cut and wouldn't carry any value anyway. (NOD excluded. He stays)

Potential Collateral
1x of Davies & Murphy: Worth a R3?
1x of Knobel & Reidy: Worth R3-R4
Brodie: Worth R3-R4
Erasmus (Only if Warner an option): Worth R2
1x of Worner & Aish: Worth R4
Switta: Worth Late R1-R2

Voss signing for 2x extra years is good for us as well. If someone wants him now, they have to pay.
I would Litetally put money on Switta leaving if we get both. Not sure we need to bleed any other players.

The AFL should just leave it up to the clubs, there shouldn't be any restrictions on how many picks you need to use etc.

I disagree. I am glad the AFL are at least trying to take steps to prevent another blue and yellow situation. They want at least a semblance of parity and having a team destroy themselves for a decade through highly irresponsible trading goes against that.

If we had a complete ****wit in charge of our list management I would hope that someone could step in and stop them before it is too late.

I disagree. I am glad the AFL are at least trying to take steps to prevent another blue and yellow situation. They want at least a semblance of parity and having a team destroy themselves for a decade through highly irresponsible trading goes against that.

If we had a complete ****wit in charge of our list management I would hope that someone could step in and stop them before it is too late.
But when it gets bad enough the AFL just bail teams out with priority picks anyway.

Either way I'm easy. Rules like that one can just mean footy list managers/departments have to get more creative. Usually when people talk up "freeing up player movement..." they leave out the "... to powerful Vic clubs" bit.

"But - exemptions are allowed if a recruiting target is of a certain age and experience, as determined by the AFL.

This would mean that someone like Kozzy, only 23 years old, may be seen as the equivalent of using a first round pick.

It would also mean trading in Luke Jackson two years ago would potentially count as using a 1st.

The 2-in-4 rule was essentially brought in to protect clubs from themselves - sending out high picks for older talent, leaving themselves in a future hole. Trading for high end young talent isn’t that.

This is all to say Fremantle might not run out of first round picks to trade, particularly with extended future pick trading coming in next year."

From memory a team got off on this technicality a few years ago. Think it was Geelong?

I think you are right, would be nothing better than getting in Pickett and Bolton, but, more likely we will end up with just Bolton or as planned Bolton and Baker. Surely, Melbourne is going to go all out to stop the bleeding from their team (unlike Richmond who appear to be on the rebuild) and will simply say no to Pickett, they just can’t afford to lose him.

Possibly they will just say no, but they will weigh up how Kozzy will respond to that, some players would get on with it, others drop their bundle and lose form.

They may also decide not having disgruntled players on the list is important to arrest the constant leak’s destabilising the club.

Also may depend on how they see the draft, and where they see themselves over the next 3-5 years.

I can’t recall the Dees holding players to contracts, have there been any over the last few years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kinda just roll eyes at Dan, I shouldn't have bitten.
He is funny though. Meanwhile my friend who has contact with Dockers board members and gets told plenty of inside information which I share a bit of only online has said Freo was contacted by Boltons mamager in July not the other way round andhe beleves a deal has already been arranged and Baker comes it would be a seperate deal.

He's also said the club wants another pressure forward which is why they've made a play for Joe Richards but if he choses Port they've also inquired about Malcolm Rosas Jnr from GC who's apparently elite at pressure stats and was averaging 2 goals and 10 possessions a game before he suffered a very bad hamstring injury last year. When he came back he played a few games but his form dropped off.. I think he's a potential bargain.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back