Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The debate about Kossie and Bolton and how good their pressure is or their overhead marking just misses the whole point in my view. They are both game breakers who can win a game off their own boot, which is what we totally lack. The last piece of the puzzle. Freo - good back line ️, good midfield ️, good tall forwards ️, game breaking small forwards

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Kossie will do quite nicely ..

From the chain of texts I’ve seen, Kozzie has no ambition to get to any other WA side but Freo. Very unlikely he settles on West Coast.
Episode 17 Drooling GIF by The Simpsons

From the chain of texts I’ve seen, Kozzie has no ambition to get to any other WA side but Freo. Very unlikely he settles on West Coast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240830_221237_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20240830_221237_Reddit.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 92
Every other VFL club especially Geelong seem to be able, with some fancy numbers balancing, seem to be able to do it.

Geelong have a lifestyle that appeals to a lot of players- particularly the country boys. They have also always over the last 20 years had the star players taking less money for the chance of a premiership. That star studded side they had 10-15 years ago was riddled with players taking a lot less than their value to win flags.

So we get kozzie and port get Emmett?

Daniels seemed to think Emmett would be at the club next year.

I feel like he’s played too many games for a second year player to get delisted tbh.

I’ve felt like the club was always going to have one or two players too many once you delist the obvious candidates so we might be offering a few out of contract players for trades and seeing what happens. If the decision needs to be made it’d be interesting to see who ends up cut.

The debate about Kossie and Bolton and how good their pressure is or their overhead marking just misses the whole point in my view. They are both game breakers who can win a game off their own boot, which is what we totally lack. The last piece of the puzzle. Freo - good back line ️, good midfield ️, good tall forwards ️, game breaking small forwards

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm not sure that's the discussion. Assuming we keep everyone, who is your preferred 7 forwards

With all the class up forward we can afford a bit of Temmet. Watching him and JT shit mix oppos is bliss. Hopefully Kozzie is doing it for us too

Sturt at F7, to one dimensional imo. Assuming Swiits is gone.
Better going with some flexibility like banners or workhorse pressure Tommy.
That’ll be a spot that gets the wack when we lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope the club doesn’t prioritise Bolton if Pickett was indeed available. Kozzie edges out tbh
Of course they will. One has been in the works for months and the other came up this week (going off Rhino’s story). We’re not going to just stop all the work we’ve done on Bolton to get Pickett in.

Either way, we really should be getting both. We have next year to consider if/how we will get Warner in.

Freo - good back line ️, good midfield ️, good tall forwards ️, game breaking small forwards
Our midfield is developing nicely, especially with the addition of Noddy. By trading in Bolton and Pickett our midfield gets some serious pace but we become even smaller in size. In the Giants' game I saw a clip where Green just bowled Johnson over in the contest which is what Fyfe normally does. In the Port game we also just got bullied around the contest. We cannot underestimate the impact of having a bigger body to back up Young in the contest and idk how the club will address this.

Our midfield is developing nicely, especially with the addition of Noddy. By trading in Bolton and Pickett our midfield gets some serious pace but we become even smaller in size. In the Giants' game I saw a clip where Green just bowled Johnson over in the contest which is what Fyfe normally does. In the Port game we also just got bullied around the contest. We cannot underestimate the impact of having a bigger body to back up Young in the contest and idk how the club will address this.
I agree but I think we have plenty of options for the size required if we give more time on ball to Johnson/Erasmus after another preseason, actually play Jackson in the midfield, and hopefully with new forward additions Banfield is more of a wingman/tagger.

Switta is a very very good player and is easily worth a top 10 pick. He does a lot of off the ball work which you don't see on TV. Even if you are at the ground you might not understand his game unless you know the game at a holistic level
This is where you're contradicting yourself. If Switkowski is worth Pick 10, then I'm sorry but Pickett is worth twice as much minimum. Kozzie is only 23. And contracted. He isn't going anywhere unless you prioritise him over Bolton and cough up what he's worth. He's a young, genuine match winner. There's not many of them in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back