Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree but I think we have plenty of options for the size required if we give more time on ball to Johnson/Erasmus after another preseason, actually play Jackson in the midfield, and hopefully with new forward additions Banfield is more of a wingman/tagger.
Agreed, Johnson/Erasmus will be right after a couple more preseasons, but Jackson in the midfield from round 1 next year definitely makes sense. He can rest up forward, and Voss is ok as a third tall, just needs to work on his goal kicking (but we could say that about most of our forwards at times this year).

Morris said (paraphrasing) "what I've heard in the last 24 hours leads me to think he'll be staying".
It is big Melbourne Demons nuffie Tom Morris saying this though so I’m sure a part of him is subconsciously manifesting that Pickett stays.

Still it does sound like pickett may be pretty flaky and unreliable with his trade requests. It’s a pity they didn’t ask Morris about Rhinos claim that Picketts representatives contacted Freo on Monday regarding a trade.

Last edited:
Yeah it appears this isn’t the first “light” trade request from Pickett. Does it most years apparently and he only asked for it on Monday. Doubtful on it the more I read about it. Dees will convince him to stay before the end of the weekend.

Yeah it appears this isn’t the first “light” trade request from Pickett. Does it most years apparently and he only asked for it on Monday. Doubtful on it the more I read about it. Dees will convince him to stay before the end of the weekend.
Yep, we need the Dees to ramp up the basketcaseness.

I agree but I think we have plenty of options for the size required if we give more time on ball to Johnson/Erasmus after another preseason, actually play Jackson in the midfield, and hopefully with new forward additions Banfield is more of a wingman/tagger.
The only people I want to see Banfield tagging next year are the likes of Hamish Brayshaw and Bailey Rogers.
As a permanent Peel player.

This is the first time he’s doing it as a father though. Hopefully that gets it over the line this time.

Yep, we need the Dees to ramp up the basketcaseness.
Honestly his indecisiveness that he’s shown over the years has a bit of Mitch Clark about it. Reckon there’s a chance he leaves and not to us. Could be to one of the Adelaide teams or Eagles. Just feel like this one is a bit of a more flakey trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easier to convince someone to stay (or leave) with the prospect of success on the horizon. This is a much different situation to previous years.

. By trading in Bolton and Pickett our midfield gets some serious pace but we become even smaller in size. In the Giants' game I saw a clip where Green just bowled Johnson over in the contest which is what Fyfe normally does.
In the Giants game (which we lost by 9 points) we were destroyed by their small forward, Brent Daniels, who had 29 disposals, 17 kicks, 12 handballs, 7 marks, 13 tackles and 3 goals. Their other small forward Darcy Jones had 18 disposals and a goal.

Their point of difference and win was thanks to their attacking small forwards.

This is where you're contradicting yourself. If Switkowski is worth Pick 10, then I'm sorry but Pickett is worth twice as much minimum. Kozzie is only 23. And contracted. He isn't going anywhere unless you prioritise him over Bolton and cough up what he's worth. He's a young, genuine match winner. There's not many of them in the comp
Cant believe I’ve bitten.

We’re pumping switta up, so it looks good when he’s included as the steak knives in a deal.

Worth a pick 17-28

Cant believe I’ve bitten.

We’re pumping switta up, so it looks good when he’s included as the steak knives in a deal.

Worth a pick 17-28
I think that is his actual range given he’s contracted for two more years and a member our our leadership team (something Dees seem to lacking aside from Gawn) if Trac leaves I’d throw in Brodie as well.
Pickett - 10, Switta (20) and Brodie (40) essentially a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in value and addresses their needs.

Of course they will. One has been in the works for months and the other came up this week (going off Rhino’s story). We’re not going to just stop all the work we’ve done on Bolton to get Pickett in.

Either way, we really should be getting both. We have next year to consider if/how we will get Warner in.
I've heard we've had a proposal in front of kosi for some time...

I think that is his actual range given he’s contracted for two more years and a member our our leadership team (something Dees seem to lacking aside from Gawn) if Trac leaves I’d throw in Brodie as well.
Pickett - 10, Switta (20) and Brodie (40) essentially a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in value and addresses their needs.
Brodie is worth nothing in picks and depending on what his salary is, he might be worth negative picks.

Adds nothing to a trade as it stands.

Is the talk of switta out because he is surplus, or because we would need the cap space and pick?

Surely it would be JOM and Walters out for Bolton and Kozzi, and there’s still a place for switta? Fyfe will be out too pretty soon - I know Bolton isn’t the same as Fyfe or JOM, but surely the balance still works. I’m not counting banners as he was out of round 24 team.

Is the talk of switta out because he is surplus, or because we would need the cap space and pick?

Surely it would be JOM and Walters out for Bolton and Kozzi, and there’s still a place for switta? Fyfe will be out too pretty soon - I know Bolton isn’t the same as Fyfe or JOM, but surely the balance still works. I’m not counting banners as he was out of round 24 team.
Because of the rumour of him going and because the players coming in are forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back