Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been a lot of talk about Pickett in the past few days and it hasn’t been shot down by his Manager or Melbourne saying they refuse to trade him.

Based on recent trades, I think the below is fair and on par with what Tom Morris thinks.

Pickett - 9 and future 2nd
Bolton - 10 and 26

Maybe a small sweetener on there, but nothing major.

I don’t get the need to trade 9 and 10 for either. That is such a high trade price. Can anyone show a recent equivalent trade of this price? Some of the suggested trades are above neale or Jeremy Cameron level.

Both players have young kids or soon to be young kids, so a genuine go home reason. Melbourne didn’t agree to a Harrison Petty trade so knows what they will do.

Both of those deals seem awesome, which means they’re probably both unders.

I’m perfectly happy to give up 2 x firsts but would expect picks back or salary paid.

Where it gets ‘tricky’ is if a team is greedy and wanting WAY overs.

If Pickett makes the request. We can value them both similarly and plonk it on the table. One of them will bite first.

Personally, I don’t see how we don’t get these deals done.

Both of those deals seem awesome, which means they’re probably both unders.

I’m perfectly happy to give up 2 x firsts but would expect picks back or salary paid.

Where it gets ‘tricky’ is if a team is greedy and wanting WAY overs.

If Pickett makes the request. We can value them both similarly and plonk it on the table. One of them will bite first.

Personally, I don’t see how we don’t get these deals done.

I can't see how we can get both without giving up at a very minimum all three of the first round picks we have this year.

Melbournes turmoil also sets us up beautifully.

Whether real or not. Imagine going through all of this turmoil and then holding a homesick player who requests a trade to their contract.

They don’t need to bend over, but if we offer 2 firsts in some way for Pickett and they hold him, just imagine the added negative media.

The complicating factor in any trade deals would be a bidding war with West Coast. It would be in both Freo and WCE's interests to be having a quiet chat in the back room of a bar about divvying up the pickings to mutual benefit. I hate to say it but it's true. It's frenemy time.

Melbournes turmoil also sets us up beautifully.

Whether real or not. Imagine going through all of this turmoil and then holding a homesick player who requests a trade to their contract.

They don’t need to bend over, but if we offer 2 firsts in some way for Pickett and they hold him, just imagine the added negative media.

Luckily for us the turmoil is real, the club is in a serious state of crisis. Their best three players are Gawn, Trac and Oliver. They put Oliver up for trade last year and now Trac wants out, disregarding the other issues (punch ups in public, drug arrests and bans) having two of your best three players in trade talks is absolutely a crisis.

Different scenario, but somewhat similar. I went to the UK for work. After a year I came home, only for 2 weeks then went back. Loved it. Time of my life. Each year I sort of thought, when should I go home. Stayed another 5. At no point was I ‘needing’ to go home, but was just a somewhat regular ‘when’.

Once I decided, I lasted 6 more months and came home.

I don’t think it would be too different.

If Pickett has these regular thoughts, best to just let him go. The whole ‘we’ll support him’ line is literally telling you the best support you can provide is to give him what he wants.

Yeah yeah players have all the power and why sign a contract, we’ll surely the club would’ve said ‘We want to give you 4 years, we’ll support you, but this protects us and should you really need to leave we’ll be looked after and we’ll look after you’ Surely, clubs aren’t holding players to contracts when they play the homesick card.

They don’t have to look too far into the past when this has happened and how it turned out.
You have a newborn in that time?

(ps whenever I hear some pundit in the media bemoaning "players have all the power"? I l'm thinking... Who do you think benefits when players switch clubs? -hint they're in that sentence)

Yeah agree. I’m saying if it costs 2 firsts each, so be it.

Neither will cost 3 first rounders by itself.
The thing I get from these media trade suggestions is Richmond supporters are so far up their own arse on how good Bolton actually is that they can't see straight. A not small number honestly think 9 and 10 would be unders.

Shout out to the 4ish Richmond posters on here that are ****ing awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto? 12 and 19?

I thought of this one, Taranto was a former pick 2 and 24 at the time. Maybe you can say similar to Pickett, but I think Taranto at the time had more value. What is the pick equivalent of this - maybe pick 8?

Would 12 and 19 be similar to 9 and 26? Maybe chuck in a future 3rd, but don’t think it’s as far off as needing to go 9 and future first for example.

You have a newborn in that time?

(ps whenever I hear some pundit in the media bemoaning "players have all the power"? I l'm thinking... Who do you think benefits when players switch clubs? -hint they're in that sentence)
No, but having kids back home was a large factor.

Before anyone says, did I have a 4 year contract! No. But did buy a house 18 months prior to leaving! So, I was somewhat prepared to stay!

Rhino again reiterating in that West article that Kozzie had "expressed a desire" to head to WA. It does seem like he's been told an actual trade request has been made
If there was nothing to it we wouldn't have heard anything in the media. It'll be the usual posturing from Melbourne until trade week. Required player. Loves the club. Happy. Blah blah blah.

If there was nothing to it we wouldn't have heard anything in the media. It'll be the usual posturing from Melbourne until trade week. Required player. Loves the club. Happy. Blah blah blah.
Pickett seems too flaky and I still don't trust Daniels 100%. There's something to it definitively but there's a leap from that to get to where Bolton is at and I'm now extremely invested in Pickett being in purple so I need definites haha

The motto of my sex life!

I’ve just had to explain to my family why I just snorted.

Because one of my online friends made a joke about masturbation….didn’t play out as well when spoken aloud.

Rhino again reiterating in that West article that Kozzie had "expressed a desire" to head to WA. It does seem like he's been told an actual trade request has been made
We now know that his manger reached out to Freo. Clearly it's more then an "expressed desire". Hopefully the club goes full force at Kozzie and lures him home otherwise stop wasting our time.

We now know that his manger reached out to Freo. Clearly it's more then an "expressed desire". Hopefully the club goes full force at Kozzie and lures him home otherwise stop wasting our time.
Again, I just dont trust RD enough. We know the club has told RD to say that Pickett asked them if he could maybe join. I'm just hedging my emotional stability here

Pickett seems to flaky and I still don't trust Daniels 100%. There's something to it definitively but there's a leap from that to get to where Bolton is at and I'm now extremely invested in Pickett being in purple so I need definites haha

Where's the lack of trust from with Daniel's? Very connected to both clubs, doesn't show bias to any one club and was the one who broke the Neale news a year or so ago

Apart from his feud this year with Morris, still on point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Edmund just on SEN now said the kozi trade isn't likely, that melb will support him through the home sickness

But it's def real, apparently had the catch up with Bolton in Melb and said come have a kick with freo.

So I can see the reports being that Freo were a little unprepared for this being true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but having kids back home was a large factor.

Before anyone says, did I have a 4 year contract! No. But did buy a house 18 months prior to leaving! So, I was somewhat prepared to stay!
Were any companies back home trying to headhunt you with more lucrative offers?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back