Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the lack of trust from with Daniel's? Very connected to both clubs, doesn't show bias to any one club and was the one who broke the Neale news a year or so ago

Apart from his feud this year with Morris, still on point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the guy but his official reporting has moved a long way into WA club mouthpiece rather than unbiased reporter. It's not a bad thing because it's nice to have someone for it but anything Freo I'll have reservations on

Again, I just dont trust RD enough. We know the club has told RD to say that Pickett asked them if he could maybe join. I'm just hedging my emotional stability here

It was the line for Bolton and the same response from both manager and club. Pretty sure it was the same for Jackson. There is a pattern for how th club and Wallsy operate emerging

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Top of list of Christian Petracca grievances is 'the clubs refusal to deal with the Clayton Oliver situation'. (From todays The Age article here; https://archive.md/X3sgl )

I don't understand exactly what the Oliver situation is. (I thought I read it was gambling related and that Simon Goodwin also has a gambling problem?) but it is obvious that there is a big problem festering in that team.

If the wholesome Petracca feels it is so rotten that he has to leave, then surely that is the trigger for other players, who have previously expressed a desire to go home, to choose out, too.

The time is now. I hope Kossi heads west within the next few weeks to look at our facilities and meet the boys.
My mate Karen spotted Kozzie Looking at a house in Coogee yesterday across the road from Sam Kerrs place...
or was it a horse? at Ballas place?
It was very late and very noisy...
And we were distracted by Swans and Pies Femmes dukin it out!

If Dees are stubborn and held him to contract, it is not good for both clubs. There could be more players want out in coming years and the wall may eventually break down.Then Kosi request trade and we may not be in a position to trade him and he may go to other clubs.And dees what they get in compensation at that time won't be useful because of the compromised draft due to Tassie coming

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love to procrastinate with trade speculations. Rioli and Bolton involved in a 3 way. I had a go at this earlier. GC will give up 6 BUT on the provision they get 9, which we hold. Still get ahead of a Lombard bid.

So here goes:

GC out 6, 13, 20 in Rioli, 9, 29 and bunch of later picks for points. Values Rioli ~ 6 but better than giving 6 direct + I’m not accounting for the later picks, which will hold value.

Freo out 9, 10, 27 in Bolton, 20 + 2025 later round upgrades in our favour. Values Bolton ~ 2 + I’m not accounting for the later picks, which will hold value. There will be a salary component in giving up 9 + 10, which is why we’ll part with 9 + 10.

Richmond out Rioli, Bolton, 20, 29 in 6, 10, 13

All sort of pick exchanges, swaps and upgrades. GC favour 2024. Our favour 2025.

This will leave us with ~17, 20(last pick of first round) + F1.

We will then need to get to work to use these 3 late firsts to get Pickett.

I know the obvious is 9 and F1 for Bolton and whatever then 10 and ~ 17 for Pickett but it never works out as easy as it looks.

One thing we definitely have is enough picks to be flexible with our deals.
Let the Cobblers do the Pontificating...
and the Pundits do the Procrastinating...
Ill do the ringing until the Bell man comes...
or Wallsy... you know what I mean?
I am still a little bit excitable.

I think that "it's an every year thing" is more a deflection and hope thing emanating from MFC. It came about at contract negotiating time mainly.

Anyway, if it is an every year thing, that suggests he's not settled at Melbourne and, he wants to be loyal, but the pull home is strong.
Just so...
Teetering on the edge for a good while..
It can Totter our way this year?

I think if Kossie puts his foot down it will happen. Thing is, sounds like that's exactly what he hasn't done in the past.

TBH, I'm already moving on as fun as it was.

I still have hopes that he will given the club is an absolute basket case at the moment and he's just had a kid. But it does feel more unlikely than likely, 30-70 coming to Freo is my current gut feel where as Bolton is 95-5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve just had to explain to my family why I just snorted.

Because one of my online friends made a joke about masturbation….didn’t play out as well when spoken aloud.

I considered making the joke about Carlton supporters instead, but apparently it isn't cool to punch down on the less fortunate in comedy.

If Dees are stubborn and held him to contract, it is not good for both clubs. There could be more players want out in coming years and the wall may eventually break down.Then Kosi request trade and we may not be in a position to trade him and he may go to other clubs.And dees what they get in compensation at that time won't be useful because of the compromised draft due to Tassie coming

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it's less Dee's holding contract and more I don't know if Kozzie is firm in making it a thing. The weird thing is that it might be cope but I see no real reason for him not to make it a thing:
  • He clearly genuinely misses WA and being close to family
  • Melbourne is a basketcase and seems a shit place to work at minimum
  • He appears to genuinely be good mates with Bolton, Jackson and Walker and would love playing with Bolton in particular.
  • Has a young kid playing into family and Bolton connection even more.

There is absolutely every reason under the sun to make it a demand but it doesn't seem he has put the foot down yet for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I think it's less Dee's holding contract and more I don't know if Kozzie is firm in making it a thing. The weird thing that it might be cope but I see no real reason for him not to make it a thing:
  • He appears to genuinely be good mates with Bolton, Jackson and Walker and would love playing with Bolton in particular.

There is absolutely every reason under the sun to make it a demand but it doesn't seem he has put the foot down yet for whatever reason.
I was telling myself that he was waiting for a guarantee from Freo that they could get it done before stamping his foot down, but the talk over the past 24 hrs from over east it seems like he’ll just suck it up and stay.

I think it's less Dee's holding contract and more I don't know if Kozzie is firm in making it a thing. The weird thing that it might be cope but I see no real reason for him not to make it a thing:

It would be on Freo.
There would need to be some sort of assurance.
You can connect your own dots but it’s all there in black and white sprinkled with various shades of grey.

It’s likely:
1) Freo has been in regular contact with Pickett’s management since the day he was drafted.
2) Pickett has never considered Melbourne the long term journey.
3) We weren’t in a strong position to bring him in previously (Jackson deal)
4) Bolton and Melbournes current situation has made him consider options.
5) There’s genuine homesickness.
6) Kosi’s management reached out. It’s caught us off guard.
7) We need to juggle the numbers. Can’t make assurances, YET.
8) Kosi and his team need to hold firm with nothing definitive and back his current club (That’s just common sense, not a sign of he wants to stay)

Now. Mark my words. The following will happen.

9) Constant speculation. Is he coming? Is he going?
10) Freo will privately commit to bringing him in (This could be as late as draft week itself). Us bringing him in will be because we have completed or agreed on the deal for Bolton. Confident we have the assets to get the deal done etc.
11) Kosi will formally request a trade. Depending on his character, desperation or genuineness will ramp up his demands and desire.
12) Trade either done or not.

We’re still so far off trade week. This will 100% ramp up. We have to wait for final placings other requests from other teams.

I’m absolutely confident this will become a thing.

I’m confident we have the assets.

I was telling myself that he was waiting for a guarantee from Freo that they could get it done before stamping his foot down, but the talk over the past 24 hrs from over east it seems like he’ll just suck it up and stay.
I think that talk is all in line with how everyone bar RD has reported it, I'm not sure much has changed. It's probably in the same spot its been from the start we just don't have the info to know how firm it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back