Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's certainly the Melbourne narrative... and to what degree it's true (and is indicative of this time) could vary widely.

To whatever degree it is true, it suggests he's open to us offering a better alternative.
Difference this year is that Melbourne are a dumpster fire with a lot of problems which aren't being papered over by winning any more.

Bolton maybe Baker and some bargain pickups to go with a first round pick in the draft ain't bad. Maybe Warner next year. The main growth needs to come from guys who are already on the list if we want to win the flag anyway.

Be much the same if none of our younger guys take some big steps forward this pre season. Can't rely on one or two guys coming in to save us.

Thank Goodness Drinking GIF by Busch

Walters now

Why are people now acting like Pickett is off the table? Have there been any official statements or anything from journos? Or just some random poster on a forum?
Considering journos (RD aside) and itk have all been saying it’s more likely he stays, then it’s pretty certain he stays.

Like the first guy who dropped the story said that his management were confident they would work it through with Melbourne and a move wasnt really on the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering journos (RD aside) and itk have all been saying it’s more likely he stays, then it’s pretty certain he stays.

Like the first guy who dropped the story said that his management were confident they would work it through with Melbourne and a move wasnt really on the table
The fact that he basically does this every year and is pretty easily convinced to stay by Melbourne has me dropping all my expectations of him coming. Doesn't mean he won't but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

Bolton maybe Baker and some bargain pickups to go with a first round pick in the draft ain't bad. Maybe Warner next year. The main growth needs to come from guys who are already on the list if we want to win the flag anyway.

Be much the same if none of our younger guys take some big steps forward this pre season. Can't rely on one or two guys coming in to save us.

As you have correctly identified, we will not become a better team just by the addition of Bolton. We need the players on our list to get better year on year too.
The veterans like Fyfe, Walters and JOM will not improve However most players under 25yo should have improvement in them and hopefully they are working hard on it.
No messiah is going to transform a team on his own.

It's not that he definitely isn't coming, its that you should all be adjusting your expectations down on the liklihood. Unless you like riding the highs and lows.

In that case, I also heard Bont and Daicos are mad keen and are reverse Bakers in that they want their existing team to get absolutely ****ed on the trade.

It's not that he definitely isn't coming, its that you should all be adjusting your expectations down on the liklihood. Unless you like riding the highs and lows.

In that case, I also heard Bont and Daicos are mad keen and are reverse Bakers in that they want their existing team to get absolutely ****ed on the trade.
They also said they've made enough money and like all the Carlton players, will take a pay cut and pledge to be paid nothing just to play for for the mighty Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back