Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me why Tyler Brockman is still unsigned at the Eagles. I know he has had issues and has been underwhelming. But did West Coast only offer him one year with a trigger? We apparently offered Brockman a 4-year deal.
Doubt he would be. He's not joining a club for one year when another club is offering him four. Just one of those trades where the timelength isn't reported on so footywire isn't accurate. Even took us a while to get confirmation Jackson was signed till 2029, with some people reporting 2027 for a while.

Doubt he would be. He's not joining a club for one year when another club is offering him four. Just one of those trades where the timelength isn't reported on so footywire isn't accurate.
Yeah I think Fox Sports screwed up;

Tyler Brockman, Alex Witherden, Zane Trew and Jamaine Jones are among the Eagles who remain unsigned.

The Eagles board contracted player status, says Brockman signed a 3 year deal.

Tyler Brockman (22/11/02) - Signed a 3 year contract (2024-26) in October 2023

Tyler Brockman, Alex Witherden, Zane Trew and Jamaine Jones are among the Eagles who remain unsigned.

Yeah three sounds about what I remember the talk being.

I'm so glad he was adamant on WC. Can't believe we offered him four. That was some real desperation.

I think Fox Sports is getting its stuff somewhat from footywire? It's a generally decent source but can be flawed especially where contract lengths aren't explicitly announced by the club (idk if this is the case here).

I believe for a while footywire had Jackson having joined us on a 1 year deal, coz idk if it was publicly confirmed knowledge at the time that he had signed with us to 2029.

Look how he roves the ball from the talls, he is a must get:

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was fighting cancer at that age

I’m sure he’ll be on AFL list next year hopefully freo

But understand if kozzie comes someone will have to move

I’m with you on this one.

He’s a second year player but also 23 soon. I don’t think you can judge him as a normal second year player or normal 23 year old AFL player. You’ve got to judge him somewhere in between.

I think there’s an AFL player there. Maybe not a best 22 player but a guy we can rely upon if a best 22 forward isn’t available.

Outside of NOD, he’d be the first out of contract player we have that’d I’d sign up. Wouldn’t lose heaps of sleep if he left but he’s the type that could still play 5-10 games next year if he improves a little bit and IMO that could be quite useful. At the same time though there’s a chance we can replace him with someone quite similar easily enough - but sometimes it’s easier and better to stick with what you’ve already got.

Last edited:
Think we should be looking into Rosas Jr if Pickett falls through

Agree with this. He’s reasonably handy as it is and he’s still quite young. Good pressure and remove the games impacted by being sub he actually averaged two goals this year.

Surprised Gold Coast have asked a decent young local boy to look around. It’s possible he’d be quite cheap but I don’t think we’d be the only club interested.

Agree with this. He’s reasonably handy as it is and he’s still quite young. Good pressure and remove the games impacted by being sub he actually averaged two goals this year.

Surprised Gold Coast have asked a decent young local boy to look around. It’s possible he’d be quite cheap but I don’t think we’d be the only club interested.
Hes from Darwin which for some strange reason falls under the suns academy.

He’d be a good get if kozzie isn’t an option. That unfortunately I think is becoming a real possibility. Sam Edmund said on crunch time Melbourne won’t trade him.

He’d be a good get if kozzie isn’t an option. That unfortunately I think is becoming a real possibility. Sam Edmund said on crunch time Melbourne won’t trade him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne have told Trac they can turn things around and contend next year. Trading Kozzie pretty much roots Melbourne's chances next year, so they can't trade him.

Personally can't see Melbourne contending if they play Goody's grindball game plan, and they'd need JVR to have a career year to be any hope.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne have told Trac they can turn things around and contend next year. Trading Kozzie pretty much roots Melbourne's chances next year, so they can't trade him.

Personally can't see Melbourne contending if they play Goody's grindball game plan, and they'd need JVR to have a career year to be any hope.

If Pickett comes out and publicly states he wants to be traded to WA it will get done. The Dees are confident it won't get to that but if he wants out badly enough it will 100% happen.

Trac gone next year.

if Kosi is staying because he is staying… is that enough of a reason to stay?

As per West sorta, would you swap Kosi for Darcy?

Thanks for that. Knew he was GC academy but assumed he was Queensland. Still think he’s a best 22 player at most teams, especially with a few more years development.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back