• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Me thinking about what could've been with Bolton and Pickett in our forwardline.. The world was a better place 24 hours ago

It's fine, Bolton will be a big upgrade in our forward line alone. If Warner is off the board too then take what's left to the draft. It is a strong draft, we are in a win/win situation.

100%

Getting some shiny new toys whether they are draftees or trades, no doubt have heavily scouted the first 2 rounds.

This is the old 3 card monte.

Everyone is looking at Pickett. Meanwhile we work in the shadows, shape shifting and sliding in unannounced.

We’re bringing in another gun. Who? I don’t know. How? Who cares.

I don’t care what was reported. If Pickett asked the question and we didn’t pounce? Well, we’ve got bigger fish to fry.

When it comes to the 3 card monte, you think you have the answers, but you never do.

Any rumour of Rosas or just on here?

Absolutely none. Might’ve even been you that mentioned him at first and I said he was decent player along with a few others. That’s about it. Nothing specifically about Freo at all.

If there’s a smaller name having medicals at Freo this week I am struggling to think who it’d be though. Maybe Hansen jnr but I fail to see what he adds to us next year - it’s always good to add some 18 year olds to the list but outside of that I think we should be looking for instant impact or at the very least someone who could be reasonably expected to be a reasonable chance of being pretty good in 2026.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would suck if that’s the case. Who on Earth could be better for us than Kozzie
If warners a chance and we can fill those small roles for a year or 2 with spare parts?

They only need to be able to tackle and chase, and kick further than switta.

Bolton, Warner, Treacy and amiss will do the rest. (Plus young)

Really feels like they’ve reached out, and the club has said yes, but..

Other irons in the fire.
Other irons in the fire bigger than Pickett?? I doubt this big time. If we prioritised Warner over Pickett then we are foolish. We have mids but no-one even close to Bolton level as a small

If warners a chance and we can fill those small roles for a year or 2 with spare parts?

They only need to be able to tackle and chase, and kick further than switta.

Bolton, Warner, Treacy and amiss will do the rest. (Plus young)
I really hope we’re not turning away Kozzie on the chance that Warner might ask for a trade in the next year or two. Things change quickly. Warner changes his mind and then we’ve missed out on an elite player in our biggest area of need for no reason

I really hope we’re not turning away Kozzie on the chance that Warner might ask for a trade in the next year or two. Things change quickly. Warner changes his mind and then we’ve missed out on an elite player in our biggest area of need for no reason
I don’t disagree.

Could also be a negotiating tactic.
Don’t show your hand too early and wait and see where everything else is likely to fall.

If by elite you mean more fumbly?

That game a few weeks ago is burned in my mind

There’s a bit more natural goal sense imo.

Look at some the small forwards that played in Richmond’s flags. Not all of them obviously but some weren’t that talented. Rosas is at least as talented if not more than someone like Castagna. All we need if we get Bolton is a player with some some goal sense (i.e. over a goal a game) and provides some pressure. Who knows Emmett or a similar type might even be good enough. Then we could just add depth to the best 22 midfield (4-5 good-elite options rather than three) and plan for defensive departures in 4-5 games.

Nah, if Pickett actually wanted to come here, given the contract he's on (sounds reasonable) and his age you just make it happen. I don't think there's actually any player (that's reasonable) I'd rather have. If we said it's "too hard" and we bring Baker in, I'll spit chips

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back