• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean they wanna BUY our picks??
Absolutely they want to buy our picks, OOC he’s probably worth 9 or 10 on its own, in contract 9 & 27, if we want them to pay a small chunk of the salary it becomes 9 & 17, if we want them to pay a large chunk for multiple years it’s 9 & 10.
I think a middle ground can be reached but unless the port pick improves to 13-14, they will want our best 2 picks to offer the salary relief we want to get Pickett.
Obviously if we can offload a couple on medium salary we don’t need to sell everything (picks) but there’s a long way to go.

He’s such a spud he makes Jack Anthony look like Gary Ablett jnr but he’s been more regular than most players that get delisted. Doubt we’d have any use for him and he’s too old for West Coast. Is he certainty to be delisted because tbh it’d be strange for him to head home when there’s a possibility he could be offered a deal by Port.
This makes my head hurt.

Biggest crab ever etc, certainty to be desisted, to old for WC but could get a deal from Port who are currently playing finals?

Absolutely they want to buy our picks, OOC he’s probably worth 9 or 10 on its own, in contract 9 & 27, if we want them to pay a small chunk of the salary it becomes 9 & 17, if we want them to pay a large chunk for multiple years it’s 9 & 10.
I think a middle ground can be reached but unless the port pick improves to 13-14, they will want our best 2 picks to offer the salary relief we want to get Pickett.
Obviously if we can offload a couple on medium salary we don’t need to sell everything (picks) but there’s a long way to go.

Port will smash Geelong, the latter are pretenders.

Thing is though if we give 9 and 10 we then probably dont have the currency for Pickett

Think that’s the real issue, to get Richmond to pay a large chunk of Boltons contract we need to caugh up the good picks 9&10, we probably asked the what it looks like with 9&17 and they said “your paying his salary” so either have the cap space but not the picks, or we have the picks but not the cap space.
I can’t see Freo handing over 9 & 10 for Bolton, regardless how big his contract is. I will ****ing spew if that happens.

Always thought Ryan may be the one poached.

Saints are losing battle.
Last chance for him to lock in some decent coin.
Back home to vic.
Grandad who he is close with isn’t able to get around much.
His partner in crime now has a missus and baby.

Think Draper or Chapman could play that role.

Would suck, great guy, more experience gone.

But half this board would jump for joy.

So, if it’s not Warner.

Big name. Would have to be mid/fwd.

Enough to make people lose their minds. (Up in here, up in here).

Would be ooc or close to. (Last year).

Enough to make us tell koz to hang tight.

And yet there’s been no whispers or hints anywhere. It doesn’t make sense. It has to be Chad.

Back home to vic.

What would Ryan actually be worth tradewise?

What would Ryan actually be worth tradewise?
He’s not a true stopper, but is also durable.

I’d say about the same as Barrass.

So, if it’s not Warner.

Big name. Would have to be mid/fwd.

Enough to make people lose their minds. (Up in here, up in here).

Would be ooc or close to. (Last year).

Enough to make us tell koz to hang tight.

And yet there’s been no whispers or hints anywhere. It doesn’t make sense. It has to be Chad.

Occam’s razor - The simpler solution should be preferred over the more complex one.

Chad is obvious. We’ve been linked. He’s still playing finals, so no real murmurs. We’ve said we’ll be aggressive. We look like we didn’t go hard at Pickett. Simples.

Occam was a 14th century philosopher who was rumoured to discuss trades and slave swaps in the gladiatorial battles. He made a name for himself when posed a series of seemingly complex questions with open-ended solutions. Being savvy, but also bordering an IQ that most would see as being ******ed, he took the easy route every time and had a 53% strike rate, which was enough for his legacy to still hold to this day.

Using Occam, applied mathematics and sprinkled with hearsay I’ve calculated Chad to Freo at 58% 2024 and 178% for 2025…

This makes my head hurt.

Biggest crab ever etc, certainty to be desisted, to old for WC but could get a deal from Port who are currently playing finals?

Is he a certainty to be delisted was somewhat of a question to the post I was replying to.

He might’ve already been told he’ll get no deal at Port because why would he be talking to South Fremantle? Just doesn’t add up to me.

IMO he’s a massive spud but Port somehow rated him enough to select him in the MSD and play him ten times this season. Some truly awful players have played for some pretty decent teams - if he was delisted I’d be extremely surprised if anyone was interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond pay a huge amount of salary for Bolton, I think they could front $3m next year, then it means we can get other players this year and next. That's worth nine and ten

$3million is worth bucketloads more than 9&10.

I agree Richmond will pay salary for some exiting players to buy the best draft picks.

If we can get $1million of that we’ll have done well. Yes, it would definitely mean 9&10.

Back home to vic.

I can honestly see both pros and cons of Ryan leaving. It’d be a big risk for us to trade him - most neutral fans/media would think it’d really hurt us.

I’d assume his place in the team would be taken by Draper who’s a bigger body to potentially play on genuine KPFs if needed. Chapman might be closer to be the sort that could play that intercept role but would already be best 22. We’d probably move the ball a bit quicker with that set up IMO.

But Ryan really does stop a lot of opposition attacks as that lose defender and there’s a chance that hurts more that the pros would benefit the team. Certainly think stats rather than impact on games are the main things getting Ryan All Australian jackets but he’s still a pretty good player.

You’d think we’d need to be confident in getting both Kozzie and Bolton to even consider it.

If Richmond pay a huge amount of salary for Bolton, I think they could front $3m next year, then it means we can get other players this year and next. That's worth nine and ten
The TPP is going up 3m over the next couple of years. Freo don't need Richmond to pay any of his salary for us. 3m + retirements to Walters, Hughes, Taberner and Fyfe is more than enough to bring in whoever we want.

Richmond would be mad to let the trade fall over; they stand to gain an additional 1st rounder in a super-draft at the bottom of a rebuild, with Tassie just around the corner. Just as we'd be mad to self-sabotage at the trade table (again).

Last edited:
The TPP is going up 3m over the next couple of years. Freo don't need Richmond to pay any of his salary for us. 3m + retirements to Walters and Fyfe is more than enough to bring in whoever we want.

Consider a reality where Richmond dump their unused salary to Freo making Bolton free, and we still have the salary cap increases to spend on other players

Interesting that the Dan Houson trade chat has started again. Is it too much for Kozzie to do the same?
It was funny how Morris just dismissed the idea that Houston was staying put at Port, despite the definitive public statement Houston himself made. Yet Morris was totally sold on Pickett's non-statement somehow carrying so much more weight.

The TPP is going up 3m over the next couple of years. Freo don't need Richmond to pay any of his salary for us. 3m + retirements to Walters and Fyfe is more than enough to bring in whoever we want.

Richmond would be mad to let the trade fall over; they stand to gain an additional 1st rounder in a super-draft at the bottom of a rebuild, with Tassie just around the corner. Just as we'd be mad to self-sabotage at the trade table (again).

I’m not saying we need it, nor will Freo request it BUT if it MUST be 9&10 then we’ll certainly explore salary or a later first/ early 2nd coming back.

From Tigers perspective they simply need to get 9 and 10. If they ‘settle’ on 9 and F1 I think they’d have lost the trade on a trade they have no right to lose.

I’m not saying we need it, nor will Freo request it BUT if it MUST be 9&10 then we’ll certainly explore salary or a later first/ early 2nd coming back.

From Tigers perspective they simply need to get 9 and 10. If they ‘settle’ on 9 and F1 I think they’d have lost the trade on a trade they have no right to lose.

9&10 is massive overs, 9 and 17 is a great deal for Richmond. They should start the car and run if we offer 9 and 17.

Last edited:
Consider a reality where Richmond dump their unused salary to Freo making Bolton free, and we still have the salary cap increases to spend on other players
That's just it though. We don't need them to dump the salary. I'd Offer pick 9 on day 1 and let them know we're taking 10 to the draft. If they fk around I'd pull a Brisbane/St Kilda tactic and trade out Port's 1st rounder and F2 on day 2 for an F1 to Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back