Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Signs up Banfield and offers NOD peanuts

Hmmm yeah ok
Jesus Christ. I thought that with Sturt signed on we can finally stop crying about a decent squad player in Banfield getting a 2 year deal. Nope, turns out every single decision somehow has to be linked to Banfield. I guess the reason Kozzie ain't coming is because he wants the Sustainability Officer role and Banfield is taking it.

I want NOD signed up because of what we've seen at WAFL and AFL level over this 2 month period. But let's be real: before then, the discussion around NOD was "delist or 1-year deal". And were it not for a purple patch of goalscoring in 2022 that hasn't since been replicated at any level, a lot more fans would be leaning to the former.

If we're really gonna do the comparison, Banfield has had a largely solid season (disappointing end to it) despite being shifted around positionally, and had to wait a fair while with interest from east to get a multi-year deal. Meanwhile, NOD has had 6 decent to good WAFL games and 1.25 decent AFL games and we are expecting the club to jump for joy and overreact to a player plagued with knee injuries and questionable, inconsistent WAFL and AFL form (outside the 2022 goalscoring) kinda putting it together. Mental.

Hes not available!
Check BF before you go mouthing off with bad rumours.
Whoa whoa whoa.... firstly, Drago is a made guy. (obvious Goodfellas reference) Careful how you address him. 🫣

And secondly, if we didn't have bad rumours, we'd have no rumours at all. (vague Eric Clapton reference)

Jesus Christ. I thought that with Sturt signed on we can finally stop crying about a decent squad player in Banfield getting a 2 year deal. Nope, turns out every single decision somehow has to be linked to Banfield. I guess the reason Kozzie ain't coming is because he wants the Sustainability Officer role and Banfield is taking it.

I want NOD signed up because of what we've seen at WAFL and AFL level over this 2 month period. But let's be real: before then, the discussion around NOD was "delist or 1-year deal". And were it not for a purple patch of goalscoring in 2022 that hasn't since been replicated at any level, a lot more fans would be leaning to the former.

If we're really gonna do the comparison, Banfield has had a largely solid season (disappointing end to it) despite being shifted around positionally, and had to wait a fair while with interest from east to get a multi-year deal. Meanwhile, NOD has had 6 decent to good WAFL games and 1.25 decent AFL games and we are expecting the club to jump for joy and overreact to a player plagued with knee injuries and questionable, inconsistent WAFL and AFL form (outside the 2022 goalscoring) kinda putting it together. Mental.
so Kosi is coming? sweet

Whoa whoa whoa.... firstly, Drago is a made guy. (obvious Goodfellas reference) Careful how you address him. 🫣

And secondly, if we didn't have bad rumours, we'd have no rumours at all. (vague Eric Clapton reference)
Always thought of the mod squad as the good feathers.

IMG_8033.gif

I think the bigger issue is the very early melt downs around not getting a player signed. Every rumour for an unsigned player leads to pitchforks and burnt effigies.

There is plenty of weeks ahead before we need to start setting fire to the club. The same happened with Sturt - way too many went the early drama on that.

tumbleweed GIF

I think the bigger issue is the very early melt downs around not getting a player signed. Every rumour for an unsigned player leads to pitchforks and burnt effigies.

There is plenty of weeks ahead before we need to start setting fire to the club. The same happened with Sturt - way too many went the early drama on that.

Honestly looks like the AFL across the board has a few more players out of contract now than normal. In the past you’d consider a player gone if not re-signed by now but it doesn’t seem to be that way this year.

Probably borne through understandable frustration about the team losing players over the past however many years that brings on a level of learned pessimism.

Also a level of human nature to look for patterns when either they're not there or they're somewhat there but you can't include everything in that pattern. TIL that human tendency is called apophenia, so I'll remember that if I ever want to sound even more pretentious. I think you see that especially with the pre-rumour panic. Even before there's any real reason to say that a player OOC is leaving, it's "Why haven't they signed yet? Clearly their bags must already be packed."

In reality, you can look back at most cases of players leaving, see the reasons why it happened and what did the surrounding context look like for those players, and I'd be cautiously optimistic in most cases this season coz they didn't fit that. Admittedly, the 2 I thought could be off which I wanted us to keep were Reidy and Voss, and I'm pretty happy to be 0/2 in that respect (only pretty happy coz if Reidy re-signs I now worry about Knobel, which may well be me not practicing what I preach).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From all reports Voss is Signed up.

The priority signing is Andrew Brayshaw.

Hopefully NOD isn’t too far off and his manager has tested the water to see his value. Fremantle needing to juggle the numbers.

As for the ruckman. There is an endless rotation of rucks every year. I like Knobel so hopefully he resigns. Reidy has improved but I’m not fussed either way. From all reports he has signed in for 2025.

I know peeps are bored and craving any news but let’s be honest it’s about 6 weeks from Trade week so seems a case of premature…

From all reports Voss is Signed up.

The priority signing is Andrew Brayshaw.

Hopefully NOD isn’t too far off and his manager has tested the water to see his value. Fremantle needing to juggle the numbers.

As for the ruckman. There is an endless rotation of rucks every year. I like Knobel so hopefully he resigns. Reidy has improved but I’m not fussed either way. From all reports he has signed in for 2025.

I know peeps are bored and craving any news but let’s be honest it’s about 6 weeks from Trade week so seems a case of premature…
Knobel is a keeper as he has big upside given his height and ability

Interesting question popped up. Can’t find the original source, but created solid discussions amongst friends.

If every player was to enter the draft who would go 1?

Let’s extend it and say top 3. Have to also assume we don’t have ‘needs’. In other words if starting a team from scratch and you can pick anyone currently listed.

Interesting question popped up. Can’t find the original source, but created solid discussions amongst friends.

If every player was to enter the draft who would go 1?

Let’s extend it and say top 3. Have to also assume we don’t have ‘needs’. In other words if starting a team from scratch and you can pick anyone currently listed.
Bont

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back