• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think that?
Because the club has gone through the rebuilding process we have a good hand use it to get players in that are ready to take the next step, not sit at Peel developing for two or three years, the murmurings from the club is that we are going to be aggressive in trading in players not only that JL future is on the line so you’re going to be disappointed.

Because the club has gone through the rebuilding process we have a good hand use it to get players in that are ready to take the next step, not sit at Peel developing for two or three years, the murmurings from the club is that we are going to be aggressive in trading in players not only that JL future is on the line so you’re going to be disappointed.

I think you are getting confused. I am talking about the decision to keep players like Emmett vs using pick 40 or 50.

That wouldn't surprise me at all - I'd assume he's had a meniscectomy in one of his knee ops by now.

But it also means the accusations of lack of professionalism hold even more weight - there's a huge relationship between increased weight and severity of pain in knee arthritis.

For non professional athletes.

A pro on 1m a year needs to put the fork down.

I told you campaigners two years ago and even a year ago that we should of traded Darcy or if we sign him make it 2 or 3 years.

His body has always let him down and everytime I mentioned that I was sent stats of games played. The games he did play I reckon half of them he always looked proppy and was always holding something laying on the ground but miraculously gets up and continues.

Who ever signed him long term is a ****ing idiot. Onus is on Darcy to lose weight and get professional, but the days of getting a pick or two from Geelong are over if we decide to offload him. **** sake

I think you are getting confused. I am talking about the decision to keep players like Emmett vs using pick 40 or 50.
I don’t think we are taking 6-7 picks no matter how good the draft is depth wise. If we want to contend we need ready to go depth. We can’t afford to have players 35-42 all being developing 18yo’s, you need 22yos with a couple of years in the system to step up when required. Emmett fits the requirement unless we bring in two genuinely better Forwards through trade.

Every year we hear certain things about the draft but it's reasonably similar most years IMO.

Pick 50 might be as good as pick 40 in other years but the way they're talking you'd swear there's 60 players that'd go in the top 20 last year. I'm not buying it personally.

Every year we hear certain things about the draft but it's reasonably similar most years IMO.

Pick 50 might be as good as pick 40 in other years but the way they're talking you'd swear there's 60 players that'd go in the top 20 last year. I'm not buying it personally.
I think I read it differently.

It's in the brackets.

Last year you had: Bracket 0 (Pick 1), Bracket 1 (Picks 2-6), Bracket 2 (Picks 7-20), Bracket 3 (Everyone else).

This year feels like: Bracket 1 (Picks 1-10), Bracket 2 (Picks 11-40), Bracket 3 (Everyone else).

The cream isn't there, but the overall quality seems better

Brackets are for illustrative purposes only and in no way represent reality. Unless they do. In which case Yay Me!

Super drafts are named for their top ends. This one doesn't have that (who cares, we don't have a top 5 anyway).

I've never heard a 10-40 range get talked up like this one.
Hearing Chris25 talk about the 40-50 range surprised me.

Definitely a year to cut a bit deeper, and take an extra pick or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to give it to port.

They are very good at identifing talent, and then going all in for a player.

I wish we were half as good in this area.

**** let's not give people flowers for just using their bloody eyes.

Losing Drizz would be a mistake, so I imagine the club is working on something.

**** let's not give people flowers for just using their bloody eyes.

Losing Drizz would be a mistake, so I imagine the club is working on something.

If we were able to identify 5 good players over the last 5 years, and get them to come to us then I would be delighted.

They are great at filling holes on their list with established players. You can say it is easy, but we can't do it.

You have to give it to port.

They are very good at identifing talent, and then going all in for a player.

I wish we were half as good in this area.
They better get something to show for it soon. In essence they've spent the past decade aligning themselves with the list management strategy of Geelong but have no grand final appearance, let alone a flag.

Because, believe it or not, contract talks are ongoing all year and not based on two games that happened after the contracts had already been agreed to

I loved the calls of "classic Freo" after Banfield extended the week after he gave that 50 away against GWS. Like JL is sitting in the coaches box yelling SIGN THAT MAN

I think I read it differently.

It's in the brackets.

Last year you had: Bracket 0 (Pick 1), Bracket 1 (Picks 2-6), Bracket 2 (Picks 7-20), Bracket 3 (Everyone else).

This year feels like: Bracket 1 (Picks 1-10), Bracket 2 (Picks 11-40), Bracket 3 (Everyone else).

The cream isn't there, but the overall quality seems better

Brackets are for illustrative purposes only and in no way represent reality. Unless they do. In which case Yay Me!
Again I don't buy it - You're basically saying the 40th best player this year is around the level of 20th best player this year. Admittedly the media is pretty similar.

I've always said we should use every pick we happen to have likely to fall inside 60 but I'm not hoping the club rushes to trade in additional draft selections beyond pick 40. Walls has a good record with those types of picks but he's usually taking one or two in this range. Go back to 2017 where we had six picks past 40 and only two are still in the system - he identifies his targets but he can't create good players out of thin air.

Sweet, Rioli, Allir

Even Thatcher and Ratugolea have been ok.

They would not be a top 4 side with out them.

I would love a player like Rioli in our side.
Sweet is a spud only playing because Soldo is a slightly bigger spud. Some random kid we've barely heard of yet will overtake him in 2-3 years - bookmark this if you like.

We arent losing Drizzy. No way we let him go. I'm confident we will get him to stay.
I think he would have already signed or committed to signing but the club will announce it after the WAFL season is over. Eg. WhyVoss and Reidy weren't announced this week. If Hughes, tabs, Corbett, Emmett (possible trade) all get delisted from the main list then we have 4 vacancies on the main list but if we also deliskt Keuk and Stanley then we actually have 6 potential main list spots as we played with the maximim of rookies last year. We can keep Sharp as a rookie even if we increase his wages as he was an SSP signing. So if we do what Im suggesting we have 6 draft spots and Sharp, Worner, Reidy abd Voss as 4 rookies. I think we;; trade Brodie for a late pick (eg 4th rounder) if possible to free up another list spot and get his salary off the books.

I see we're at the same point in the cycle we were with Sturt now with O'Driscoll?

"He hasn't re-signed so he must be leaving!!!"

Haven't we learnt anything by now?
He has WAFL finals to see through first.

Also his interview post-game Port didn't sound like a guy who would be anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back