List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 76 49.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you prefer:

He wants to go to Melbourne and we offer them picks for Pickett to make it happen,

He wants to go to Richmond and the Bolton trade appears cheaper,

He wants to go to North and we offer them picks for their future first to make it happen,

He wants to go to Carlton and we don't get invovled?
I want pickett and Bolton... if Warner is on the table then that complicates things.

I don't care how or the cost.

Not sure you understand how point sliding works? If the Bid comes at pick 1, no picks have moved yet!
If Ascroft is still the first player bid on at 5, again no picks have moved yet, 9 is still 9 until the bid is matched.

Correct me if I'm wrong (genuinely) but if Ashcroft is matched on a #1 bid, he becomes the #1 pick, and everything from 1 onwards slides down 1 spot including the associated point value?

2020 draft example. JUH matched at #1, every other pick slides and loses quantitative point value?
1727150032281.png

Last edited:
Dan Houston requested a trade to Victoria after saying he was staying....

A few days after being bounced out of the flag race? What a surprise haha.

I want pickett and Bolton... if Warner is on the table then that complicates things.

I don't care how or the cost.

And like your attitude. If you have a list to compete, this is how you should approach the trade period IMO.

Teams will come hard for our picks by virtue of the fact we have plenty of picks to come hard at.

We should just remove day pick 10 from all discussions.

Keep that up our sleeve.

Bolton and 29 for 9 and 16 is solid for all.

I'd feel a bit hard done by if I was RFC's list manager. Certainly no wages paid from us in that deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong (genuinely) but if Ashcroft is matched on a #1 bid, he becomes the #1 pick, and everything from 1 onwards slides down 1 spot including the associated point value?

Yes and the clubs seeking to match bids later do get to match a later pick but their own selections move back by a greater amount due to the exponential curve of the value.

Yes and the clubs seeking to match bids later do get to match a later pick but their own selections move back by a greater amount due to the exponential curve of the value.

Only if they have a point deficit?

If they accumulate other picks to use for the bid I don't think they slide/as much.

Hence why having your picks all slide due to other bids can be at least important enough not to discount entirely.

(apologies if we're hijacking thread here)

He's not better than Schultz at all, would take Shoota easily.
Didn’t really make my point clear. Poor choice of wording.
My bad. He feels more like a Switkowski type player rather than a genuine goal kicker. Bizarre choice offering Close a ‘big contract’. Miers and Stengle are far better and clinical

I have been thinking the same thing, they are very similar archetypes but Warner is just better.

Warner wasn’t rated particularly highly in his draft year. No stand out attributes was a common theme in draft write up’s. He’s improved many areas of his game out of sight.
NOD is looking like a serious footballer his last couple of outings. No reason he won’t continue improving. Strikes me as a player not even close to his ceiling.

I'd prefer Pickett/Warner if given the choice.
I'd agree in a vacuum but I'm pretty sure a very large part of Pickett supposedly wanting us is that he and Bolton are good friends and have young kids together so I think Bolton is mandatory (not to mention he's the only one that has actually asked for a trade haha).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s the play by play.

Houston requests Melbourne. Stalemate. Demons aren’t using pick 5.

Bolton to Freo. We give up 9&16. We get some inconsequential stuff back.

Pickett becomes the key to unlock Houston.

We use 10 and a mass swapping of picks between the 3 clubs.

We get Bolton and Pickett. Keep our F1.

With 3 days left in the trade period, Warner sounds out Freo. Freo collectively lose their minds as we’ve given all draft capital away.

We place one Bailey Banfield on the table and allow a bidding war to ensue. North pay overs for Banfield and we have the assets to bring in Warner.

We land Bolton, Pickett and Warner.

We finish 2025 in 7th and eliminated to Carton away.

We all know this is 84% chance accurate.

Here’s the play by play.

Houston requests Melbourne. Stalemate. Demons aren’t using pick 5.

Bolton to Freo. We give up 9&16. We get some inconsequential stuff back.

Pickett becomes the key to unlock Houston.

We use 10 and a mass swapping of picks between the 3 clubs.

We get Bolton and Pickett. Keep our F1.

With 3 days left in the trade period, Warner sounds out Freo. Freo collectively lose their minds as we’ve given all draft capital away.

We place one Bailey Banfield on the table and allow a bidding war to ensue. North pay overs for Banfield and we have the assets to bring in Warner.

We land Bolton, Pickett and Warner.

We finish 2025 in 7th and eliminated to Carton away.

We all know this is 84% chance accurate.
Then the endless threads of "We Would have beaten Carlton if we didn't trade Banfield"..begin.

This is going to be a trade season of complexity.

In our current list - upgrades on Bailey Banfield, JOM & Walters is what I'd like to see in the starting 22.

Bolton in almost ticks 2 of those boxes plus I'm still of the view Erasmus can compete given opportunities.

I don't mind Bailey as depth at all.

Usually their later picks actually move up the draft as clubs generally compile a raft of later selections that get eaten up the first bid

To be honest I'm not overly familiar with your B22 (I'm often not with oppo teams anymore as I don't watch as much neutral footy as I used to because the game is less pleasing to watch now haha).

Do you have a B22 I can review?

Are they likely to all be fit all the time?
Obviously this is just my selection, others will have something different.

Walker Pearce Chapman
Ryan Cox Clark
Sharp Fyfe ODriscoll
Sturt Treacy Frederick
Bolton Amiss Switta

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Young Johnson Wagner Jackson

Brendon Parfitt delisted by Geelong. If Jack Martin was the best player delisted so far we might we'll have a new leader.

No saying it's us but I'd be shocked if he's not back on an AFL list quite soon.

That's actually a pretty crazy list turnover from Geelong. 9 players delisted or retired, getting Smith which will take multiple picks and with just the standard 4 picks in the draft as it stands.

Martin is absolutely going there for free and they are drafting DEEP in this draft

That's actually a pretty crazy list turnover from Geelong. 9 players delisted or retired, getting Smith which will take multiple picks and with just the standard 4 picks in the draft as it stands.

Martin is absolutely going there for free and they are drafting DEEP in this draft
Can we remember this when the perennial argument from some posters begins that we are turning over too many players on our list and we need to slow down the turnover and stabilise the list because that’s what top 4 teams do? 💁🏻‍♂️🤔

Like every other year we should be averaging 7-8 players departing and the same amount of new players incoming on our list, that’s just standard, afl average list turnover.

If anything the AFL want even more trades and player movement not less.
And let’s not even mention Tasmania…..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back