List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 50.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a chance we only offer 9 and 27 because this is touted a super draft? Why offer 9 and 16 if we dont need the salary cap space?? Maybe we dont if we are going after Baker as well?

Yes but them what’s the point.
Just give Richmond 9 and let them trade it with north for an F1 themselves?
Taking a service fee as a middle man? North hopefully desperately want 9 to make Houston work, Richmond hopefully really want a future 1st from North. No one gets what they want without us, get some extra value chucked in through the two different trades

Is there a chance we only offer 9 and 27 because this is touted a super draft? Why offer 9 and 16 if we dont need the salary cap space?? Maybe we dont if we are going after Baker as well?
We can offer it and it will be rejected, nothing stopping us offering it though

You really think they want Bolton coming back?
It doesnt matter, the trade is probably basically done anyway. 9 and 27 is insulting given the contract and it will be two of the firsts, I really dont think that's debateable. The questions is which firsts and with what coming back.

Freo and GC should come together and trade out of their desirable picks.

GC trade 6, 12 and 26 to Freo for 10, F1 and 16.

Freo trade 9 to NM for F1 and 40.

Freo trade 26 and 27 to Brisbane for 17/18.

GC trade 10 for Rioli and late picks for points

Freo trade 6 and F2 for Bolton

Freo trade 17/18 for Baker and take 12 to the draft.

Vibes Stop GIF by Apt. D Films

I often wonder what our established current players think about trading v drafting?
For example I’m sure Serong and Brayshaw or even older guys like Ryan and AP want all three R1 picks used to bring in mature ready to go players instead of kids.

Most of them are thinking if I don’t win one in the next 3 or 4 years it might never happen.

They really don’t give a shit about freo drafting an 18 yo that will hit his straps in the 2030s, when they mostly won’t be around.

Fans by contrast love draft picks and having a hopeful future, decade of dominance, that kinda thing.
There is a lot of kids coming through AFL ready though these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast
In: Rioli, F1, 16
Out: 6, 12, 26

Freo
In: Bolton, Baker, 12, F1
Out: 9, 10, F1, 16, 27, F2

Brisbane
In: 26, 27
Out: 18

North
In: 9
Out: F1, 40

Richmond
In: 6, 10, 18, F2
Out: Baker, Bolton, Rioli

Jeez it’s been a big day here.

Cal Twomey has us all on a string with his sound bites.
I’m a Baker fan but pick 10? Surely this is a joke?
He’s out of contract for ****s sake!!

Should be a similar price to what Ed Langdon was traded to Melbourne for from us.

Has anyone remarked yet on the most interesting part of the Baker chat today on Gettable?
Cal said that Liam Baker has been paying very close attention and wants to be fully informed as to the potential draft compensation that Richmond will get from both west coast and freo and wants to ensure that the tigers are fully compensated and not shortchanged in any way.

Does he think he’s bloody LeBron James or something?!

The market decides what a player is worth. Why the **** would baker care? That really annoyed me
Couldn’t agree more.

It’s Liam baker, like wtf ?
If RFC is still so dear to his heart then stay the **** there, he’d earn more money there anyway !

- this whole trade scenario is off its head -hes on track to be worth substantially more than Bailey smith

At the stage now I don’t care , even if the overall trades more in a our favour than reported ….Honestly just **** off to WC and save us from ourselves

Last edited:
It doesnt matter, the trade is probably basically done anyway. 9 and 27 is insulting given the contract and it will be two of the firsts, I really dont think that's debateable. The questions is which firsts and with what coming back.
I just dont see how the contract is relevant. If Richmond truly wanted to keep him it would be a flatbat no

Don’t mind GC as a pick shuffling partner. Plenty of variations possible. They also have pick 20, last pick of first round.

I can’t for the life of me work out why they wouldn’t use pick 6 in the draft and offer 12 and 20 for Rioli. They can match points with later picks for their academy player.

That said, they’re first rounders and our first rounders remarkably equal the exact same points.

6, 12 and 20 is exact same point value as 9, 10 and 16!

I actually think North’s pick 2 will allow us to complete the deals easiest.

When did this start becoming a trend in AFL I’d love to know?

Can’t recall many previously traded players having to give their blessing that the trade price agreed between both clubs was to their liking, before they agree to be traded.

It would be nice if Liam Baker just let the cobblers do the cobbling…
Someone needs to to do some photoshopping and put Liam bakers head on an image of lebron James during his show “the decision “

Don’t mind GC as a pick shuffling partner. Plenty of variations possible. They also have pick 20, last pick of first round.

I can’t for the life of me work out why they wouldn’t use pick 6 in the draft and offer 12 and 20 for Rioli. They can match points with later picks for their academy player.

That said, they’re first rounders and our first rounders remarkably equal the exact same points.

6, 12 and 20 is exact same point value as 9, 10 and 16!

I actually think North’s pick 2 will allow us to complete the deals easiest.
Especially if we worked together. Richmond could say they can afford to not take one of our deals but running it back with the same players and not going to this particular draft doesn’t seem like good business.

Bolton and Rioli could get them to 9th and middling drafts for the next few years so double whammy.

His number 1 attribute is I think you’d struggle to find a single Richmond supporter that has thought he should have been dropped since he established himself in the team in 2019.

His pressure and attack on the contest/courage is about as elite as it comes. He’s very consistent, doesn’t really have any weaknesses other than stature, he’s quick and agile, versatile and he still has enough attacking flair to be a weapon when he has the ball.

I watched most of your last game of the season and it was like watching an entire team lacking Liam Bakers elite attributes.

By recruiting Baker you are basically guaranteeing yourself a top 10 player for the next 4-6 years with attributes that most players don’t have.
The 1 negative thing I've seen about Baker that I'd want your thoughts on (coz by and large I think he's the type of player coaches and teammates love, a bit like Switta for us but Baker's better): I think he "goes for it" too often. If he has the space or time to do a low percentage kick under high pressure, while falling over or right next to the boundary, he'll probably do it. Sometimes that leads to something out of nothing moments, other times that leads to giving away the ball fairly cheaply. Probably explains why the stats (disposal efficiency, clangers, turnovers) make him look like a worse ball user than he actually is.

Do you notice the same thing about Baker? Is it a team-wide philosophy or is Baker a player that does it more than most? And is it something that frustrates you/Richmond fans, or is it a case of accepting the bad that comes with the good?

Also, we are looking at at 3 compo picks (Cumming, Perryman, Battle) in band 1 or 2, our 2nd round pick is going to be close to 35 on the night, possibly even further.
Not so sure about this.
Battle yes for sure, band 1 or 2.

I think Cumming is looking like an end of round 2 pick. That’s what Cal said today.

Perryman I dont know but the pies have offered a lot less than port and he’s looking very closely at them so that’s not likely to be band 1 or 2 either. Might be different if he picks port.

Also GWS finished ahead of us so any band 3 compo won’t affect our pick 27.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back