List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d honestly be happy if we got just ANB and Cumming. Rosas would be a bonus. Luko I feel is just going to cost too much for what he is. Maybe find a way to grab another depth KPD if Keane leaves

Realistically if Luko has a huge salary and not many clubs chasing him, it will depends on who blinks first. There is no way in hell that GC can get Rioli and Noble without a salary dump, not sure who else they count trade out on big bucks. GC will need to know early on him to go after all the players they want and so may even give him up for a third. GC never seem to need draft picks, always seem to have more picks then anyone else and even with academy players can still trade the picks for FU.
This hole thing with Luko will depend on who he picks and who has the cap space to afford him. Don’t believe the BS that they want a first and more. In the end, they could give him up for nothing to improve their club by adding a player like Rioli that is more a need for them. The media are just making up crap

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm pretty sure that Port can't trade their first next year due to the four year rule. From memory the rules are that you must make at least 1 first round pick in the draft every 4 years.

Their last first round pick was Josh Synn back in 2021

Port traded their 2022 and 2023 picks for JHF and traded their 2024 first rounder last year so under the rules I am pretty certain that their future first can't be traded.

Technically they can still trade it this year. Just means they need to trade one in next year. I can see them taking the risk.

Plus the question around the JHF trade and whether that still counts.

Technically they can still trade it this year. Just means they need to trade one in next year. I can see them taking the risk.

Plus the question around the JHF trade and whether that still counts.
Haven't looked it up but don't they need league exception to trade it out unless they already hold a future first?

I wanted Serong (or Ash or Kemp).
Mutineer was all over Lachie Ash.
Plenty of posters on here wanted Flanders.
There was a bit of support for Hayden Young as well.
I actually was hoping for Kossie that year having watched him in the WWT u18's. I thought he would go high at the time.

Those cruises cross international datelines regularly. Must have skipped a year.
I can cop some criticism when I get something wrong but when I said nothing of the sort and get tagged in that I find a bit galling.

I'll stick by what I actually DID say, I can see no reason why Alex Dodson couldn't have input at AFL level in 2026 given at that stage he will have had 2 full pre-seasons to work on his endurance, strength and ruck craft as well as a full SANFL season playing against mature bodies. Alex Dodson is not some stringbean unco-ordinated 200cm kid needing years of development, this is a lad that already has a decent physique and extraordinary ball handling skills for a 200cm+ ruck prospect.

I can cop some criticism when I get something wrong but when I said nothing of the sort and get tagged in that I find a bit galling.

I'll stick by what I actually DID say, I can see no reason why Alex Dodson couldn't have input at AFL level in 2026 given at that stage he will have had 2 full pre-seasons to work on his endurance, strength and ruck craft as well as a full SANFL season playing against mature bodies. Alex Dodson is not some stringbean unco-ordinated 200cm kid needing years of development, this is a lad that already has a decent physique and extraordinary ball handling skills for a 200cm+ ruck prospect.
We are going to have to manufacture a pick from somewhere aren’t we for him?

Meh... Dylan Stephens was the consensus BF pick in that draft. This is whinging that the club didn't pick a player who BF didn't want either.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
None of us are paid recruiters and many of us show no interest in the prospective draftees and expect our recruiters to do what they are laud to do and pick the best players.

Otherwise we could just leave it to a big footy poll and the club could save money.

We are going to have to manufacture a pick from somewhere aren’t we for him?
It appears so I'd be amazed if Alex Dodson was still there at our 2nd pick, I could see a club pouncing as early as later in the 1st round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very rarely is a player traded without any rumours having emerged by this stage. Doubly so for Adelaide players.
That's BS!

We are months away from trading.

There are plenty of players traded where there is no mention prior to finals.

The silly season hasn't properly begun yet.

Yep, experienced depth was the major problem this year …. as someone posted yesterday, we need more players competing for spots

Pedlar & Milera back will also build that depth
Reckon our coach going rogue bonkers this year was the major problem, plus stupid selections like making Nank sub against Brisbane to play a cooked Smith who he stupidly gets to his trigger and then drops, Laird replacing Hinge in defence who was killing it, Pedlar on Stewart etc etc

Realistically if Luko has a huge salary and not many clubs chasing him, it will depends on who blinks first. There is no way in hell that GC can get Rioli and Noble without a salary dump, not sure who else they count trade out on big bucks. GC will need to know early on him to go after all the players they want and so may even give him up for a third. GC never seem to need draft picks, always seem to have more picks then anyone else and even with academy players can still trade the picks for FU.
This hole thing with Luko will depend on who he picks and who has the cap space to afford him. Don’t believe the BS that they want a first and more. In the end, they could give him up for nothing to improve their club by adding a player like Rioli that is more a need for them. The media are just making up crap

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You're discounting the option of swapping Rioli for Lukosius - at Richmond Lukosius would get the forward spot he wants, and all the commercial opportunities that come with being at one of the big Melbourne clubs, and all he has to do is put up with a few lean years while Richmond put their midfield back together.

Mean time the Coasters solve their cap problem and get Rioli without needing to involve anyone else.

I wanted Serong (or Ash or Kemp).
Mutineer was all over Lachie Ash.
Plenty of posters on here wanted Flanders.
There was a bit of support for Hayden Young as well.
I said "consensus pick". Happy to accept that there were individuals who wanted other players.

The silence on C.Burgess makes me think we've given him a multi-year contract before realising he's no good.
It was always likely that he was given a 2 year contract, given that we convinced him to move states to join us. Not many players are going to do that for a 1 year contract.

That's fair. My recollection was that we were discussing his ability to make an impact in his first season. My recollection was wrong.

Is he the best ruck prospect in the draft?
Absolutely IMO the only other pure ruck prospect really talked about is Logan Smith who is a GWS Academy pick so will be matched for certain given ruck isn't really one of their strengths depth wise.

There's a few that I'd take late/rookie like the 2 GWV rebels prospects Flynn Penry who is a massive 204cm unit built like a brick outhouse with decent skills and Floyd Burmeister more a ruck/forward but with athleticism of the charts, speed and massive leap but miles off it physically yet, would be one that would take time and patience.

Last edited:
That's BS!

We are months away from trading.

There are plenty of players traded where there is no mention prior to finals.

The silly season hasn't properly begun yet.
We, along with 9 other clubs, have reached the end of our season - and the exit interviews have been done. If there's no smoke by now, it's very rare for there to be a fire.

definitely RESTRICTED FA also - see Daniher (who was a RFA) situation the other year that forced the change
sorry, i meant restricted, not unrestricted …. an oops moment

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back