List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

its very simple

he coughs up goals he shouldn't

he provides zero attack

he is slow and cannot turn

he fumbles and puts others under pressure

yes he can mark but thats it

Alex that’s a very harsh critique - he isn’t that bad and in fact has shown a bit when played - he hardly coughs up goals, give me two examples of when his opponent has kicked a bag…

Alex that’s a very harsh critique - he isn’t that bad and in fact has shown a bit when played - he hardly coughs up goals, give me two examples of when his opponent has kicked a bag…
Yes, he's fine. He is bad in two situations: defending a leading forward (and who isn't?), and kicking for goal (which can be improved). In the SANFL games I have seen, he looks best roaming around the ground, especially as a follower. In fact, I don't see him as just a key back, more of a true utility.

Yes, he's fine. He is bad in two situations: defending a leading forward (and who isn't?), and kicking for goal (which can be improved). In the SANFL games I have seen, he looks best roaming around the ground, especially as a follower. In fact, I don't see him as just a key back, more of a true utility.
A treacle slow utility, body on body he suffices but on forwards that have height and speed on the lead he doesn't cut it.

Borlase being re-signed isn't an issue.
The 2 years bit is silly.

In isolation, they're all good signings, but...

Murray
Butts
Keane
Borlase

You'd assume we're only going to play 2 of them, right?

If so, Murray is first selected; question is whether Butts (yes for me) or Keane is second picked, which then leaves Keane/Butts as depth, and then Borlase as depth upon depth.

and there is no role like this in AFL

In isolation, they're all good signings, but...

Murray
Butts
Keane
Borlase

You'd assume we're only going to play 2 of them, right?

If so, Murray is first selected; question is whether Butts (yes for me) or Keane is second picked, which then leaves Keane/Butts as depth, and then Borlase as depth upon depth.
Murray off a knee and butts made from HD tissue paper though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List as it stands after today's announcements.

Screenshot 2024-09-13 175130.png

I believe all our re-signings are done. Which leaves us with the following permutations:

1) ANB + 3 draft picks + 1 Rookie pick.
2) ANB + Luko/Cumming + 3 draft picks + 1 contracted player to rookie list
3) ANB + Luko + Cumming + 2 draft picks + 1 contracted player to rookie list*

*3 cannot happen as we need to take 3 picks in the draft, so either we're not getting all 3 targets, we're delisting a contracted player/Burgess isn't contracted, or we're going to do what I suggested yesterday. Upgrade Keane to the senior list (counts as one of 3 mandatory picks in the draft), and demote another contracted player to the rookie list.

In which case, 3 becomes

3) ANB + Luko + Cumming + 2 draft picks + Keane to senior list + 2 contracted players to rookie list.

Last edited:
List as it stands after today's announcements.

View attachment 2109578

I believe all our re-signings are done. Which leaves us with the following permutations:

1) ANB + 3 draft picks + 1 Rookie pick.
2) ANB + Luko/Cumming + 3 draft picks + 1 contracted player to rookie list
3) ANB + Luko + Cumming + 2 draft picks + 1 contracted player to rookie list*

*3 cannot happen as we need to take 3 picks in the draft, so either we're not getting all 3 targets, we're delisting a contracted player/Burgess isn't contracted, or we're going to do what I suggested yesterday. Upgrade Keane to the senior list (counts as one of 3 mandatory picks in the draft), and demote another contracted player to the rookie list.

In which case, 3 becomes

3) ANB + Luko + Cumming + 2 draft picks + Keane to senior list + 2 contracted players to rookie list.
We have to make a minimum of three picks at the ND (#4, Welsh and one other). What I can see eventuating:

The remaining uncontracted players gone
Burgess gone
One of Smith/Schoenberg/Strachan to the rookie list - no live rookie picks
Leaves us space for three picks, ANB, Luko and Cumming

Rosas will be Essendon bound, I predict.

Tells you how difficult it's going to be to trade up or trade into this year's 1st round or even early 2nd round even with 2025 1st round picks included.

FUTURE PICKS UP FOR GRABS

NORTH Melbourne is among the clubs open to putting its future first-round pick on the trade table to land another top pick in this year's draft as teams clamour for high end talent.

The strong regard for which recruiters hold the 2024 draft crop has been further exemplified by most clubs expressing they are open to using their future pick to buy into this year's first round.

The majority of clubs are open to either adding an extra first-round pick or attaining a first-round pick in this year's draft by using their future pick as a trade chip.

Tells you how difficult it's going to be to trade up or trade into this year's 1st round or even early 2nd round even with 2025 1st round picks included.

FUTURE PICKS UP FOR GRABS

NORTH Melbourne is among the clubs open to putting its future first-round pick on the trade table to land another top pick in this year's draft as teams clamour for high end talent.

The strong regard for which recruiters hold the 2024 draft crop has been further exemplified by most clubs expressing they are open to using their future pick to buy into this year's first round.

The majority of clubs are open to either adding an extra first-round pick or attaining a first-round pick in this year's draft by using their future pick as a trade chip.
Just makes us trading 25 for ANB look worse if that’s what we do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back