List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

List as it stands after today's announcements.

View attachment 2109578

I believe all our re-signings are done. Which leaves us with the following permutations:

1) ANB + 3 draft picks + 1 Rookie pick.
2) ANB + Luko/Cumming + 3 draft picks + 1 contracted player to rookie list
3) ANB + Luko + Cumming + 2 draft picks + 1 contracted player to rookie list*

*3 cannot happen as we need to take 3 picks in the draft, so either we're not getting all 3 targets, we're delisting a contracted player/Burgess isn't contracted, or we're going to do what I suggested yesterday. Upgrade Keane to the senior list (counts as one of 3 mandatory picks in the draft), and demote another contracted player to the rookie list.

In which case, 3 becomes

3) ANB + Luko + Cumming + 2 draft picks + Keane to senior list + 2 contracted players to rookie list.
I’m thinking option 2

In isolation, they're all good signings, but...

Murray
Butts
Keane
Borlase

You'd assume we're only going to play 2 of them, right?

If so, Murray is first selected; question is whether Butts (yes for me) or Keane is second picked, which then leaves Keane/Butts as depth, and then Borlase as depth upon depth.

4 KpDs is reasonable depth. Our list just has too may average want to be (need to be) midfielders of similar type

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

4 KpDs is reasonable depth. Our list just has too may average want to be (need to be) midfielders of similar type

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd be interested to see how many clubs keep purely "depth" players on their list for similar similar periods to us to us like Ben Davis and Elliot Himmelberg.?

I'd be interested to see how many clubs keep purely "depth" players on their list for similar similar periods to us to us like Ben Davis and Elliot Himmelberg.?
Depends if they are contending.

Keeping excess depth types when you are still rebuilding limits your ability to develop players.

Laird on over $800k is ****ing embarrassing.
Money Run GIF by Juan Billy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 years at the Dogs....delisted.
3 years at the Kangaroos....delisted
2 years at St.Kilda ....delisted
Surely he has finally at the end of his AFL career.

6 years at the Dogs....delisted.
3 years at the Kangaroos....delisted
2 years at St.Kilda ....delisted

*edit 3 years at the Saints didn't play an AFL game in 2023
Life as a 200cm depth player must be great. Get paid good money to do **** all.

Yes... if Borlase & Keane were to be upgraded. It would also reduce the number of senior list positions available by 2. There is no evidence to suggest that either Borlase or Keane will be upgraded this year.
I mean upgrading just one of them to tick that third national draft requirement.

If McHenry, Himmelberg & Gollant are all delisted, with Sloane retired, then that makes 4 senior list vacancies. If we upgrade Borlase or Keane, it's 3; upgrade both, and we're down to 2.

... and that's before we start bringing in players via trade & free agency (e.g. ANB/Luko/Cumming).

The maths just doesn't add up. There's pretty much no way of bringing in external players AND upgrading the rookies.
If we delist Parnell, Hamill and move Keane/Borlase to the seniors that’s three rookie vacancies. Toby Murray occupies one of these spots. So suppose Schoenberg and Burgess are also dropped to the rookie list.

That gives us Sloane (remembering Turray occupies a vacant rookie spot), McHenry, Gollant, Himmelberg, Schoenberg, and Burgess’ senior spots and six senior vacancies. Keane/Borlase occupies one of these spots. Allows us two national draft picks (the rookie elevation being the third) and three recruits.

We could alternatively not upgrade Keane/Borlase if we prefer a third draftee to a third recruit. However, recruiting all of ANB, Cumming and Lukosius is possible.

I mean upgrading just one of them to tick that third national draft requirement.

If we delist Parnell, Hamill and move Keane/Borlase to the seniors that’s three rookie vacancies. Toby Murray occupies one of these spots. So suppose Schoenberg and Burgess are also dropped to the rookie list.

That gives us Sloane (remembering Turray occupies a vacant rookie spot), McHenry, Gollant, Himmelberg, Schoenberg, and Burgess’ senior spots and six senior vacancies. Keane/Borlase occupies one of these spots. Allows us two national draft picks (the rookie elevation being the third) and three recruits.

We could alternatively not upgrade Keane/Borlase if we prefer a third draftee to a third recruit. However, recruiting all of ANB, Cumming and Lukosius is possible.
I get your list mathematics, but why? The alternatives are 2x draftees + an upgraded Keane/Borlase, or 3x draftees? I'll take 3x draftees every day of the week, particularly given the distinct lack of urgency in upgrading them.

I get your list mathematics, but why? The alternatives are 2x draftees + an upgraded Keane/Borlase, or 3x draftees? I'll take 3x draftees every day of the week, particularly given the distinct lack of urgency in upgrading them.
It’s more about if we are actually capable of recruiting all of Cumming, ANB and Lukosius with our current list. Depends how much we give up, but I reckon our list is at a point now where I’d prefer the three recruits to two recruits and an extra draftee.

It’s more about if we are actually capable of recruiting all of Cumming, ANB and Lukosius with our current list. Depends how much we give up, but I reckon our list is at a point now where I’d prefer the three recruits to two recruits and an extra draftee.
We think we have all the elite young talent we need and just need to top up with some more experience.
I strongly disagree.

We think we have all the elite young talent we need and just need to top up with some more experience.
I strongly disagree.
Ehh, we have the young talent I think (especially if we use pick 4 well), we just need to develop it. I hope that rumour of Bello leaving is true, given how poorly the development of a number of our 2018-20 draftees has gone

I know for a fact, Burgess has a contract next year so it’s very unlikely we delist and pay him out.
I reckon the plan is if luko doesn't join us, we offer himmelberg a decent contract, if he elects to go then we can't stop him and we retain Burgess as our depth tall forward. If luko joins we don't offer contract to Berg and cut and payout Burgess, if luko doesn't join, Berg accepts contract we cut Burgess. Something along those lines.

I reckon the plan is if luko doesn't join us, we offer himmelberg a decent contract, if he elects to go then we can't stop him and we retain Burgess as our depth tall forward. If luko joins we don't offer contract to Berg and cut and payout Burgess, if luko doesn't join, Berg accepts contract we cut Burgess. Something along those lines.
cant see burgess being kept under any circumstances
right now we are probably trying to find him another home to get back the list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back