Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, this *in tweet hit me. Sobering stuff 😢😢😢

While sobering and horrible, if you change it to cut-off us being absolutely ****ed when we started up then I imagine those numbers look a lot different from like 2000 onwards. Couple of Vic clubs leaning very heavily on the 90s from there

Last edited:
While sobering and horrible, if you start changing to cut-off us being absolutely ****ed when we started up then I imagine those numbers look a lot different from like 2000 onwards. Couple of Vic clubs leaning very heavily on the 90s from there
Definitely true, but I wouldnt say it’s that hectic either from 2000 onwards.
Port are always someone I compare is to a lot. We should be better.

I would love to see a 5 to 7 year run of finals with this side. Like brisbane have just done since 2018. Rip up the script of underachievement and write some new history for our club.

While sobering and horrible, if you start changing to cut-off us being absolutely ****ed when we started up then I imagine those numbers look a lot different from like 2000 onwards. Couple of Vic clubs leaning very heavily on the 90s from there
We have been poo forever. There's no denying it.

If, and it's a big IF, we can get a run on, it'll be the greatest Fremantle era, easily.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been a strong streak of Neale 2013 grand final revisionism that has been running through this board for years now.

• Lachie was hardly a match winner when he was 20.
  • We were playing 4 other inside mids at that point (Fyfe, Bara, Mickey and Creepy.) and at that stage Neales accountability was just as bad as it is now and he was even less fit.

It was the correct decision to play the roll players in my view and only bring him in if and when the game needed chasing.

The big mistake Ross made was not throwing our free agency chips into a partner for Pav who was at least good enough to make their opponent think twice before zoning off. Peace's bombs into the 50 from the wing could surely have replicated by someone cheaper.
Zac Clarke had 2 disposals or something ridiculous that day. It sounds laughable, but Mitch Clark could've been the difference in 2013

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Add Jack Darling and a fit Morabito to the 2013 team

A friend of mine sent me this the other day. Any one who has thoughts that Fremantle were treated equally as the Eagles , read this and find the truth.
I keep referring to us as the club no one wanted. The AFL wanted Freo to take power from the Eagles.
The WAFC didn't want us because it may kill the goose that layed the golden egg.Dead set against us.
The WAFL didn't want us because we would weaken the the competition.
So any thoughts that we got the same deal as the Eagles is total bullsheeit.
120159590_177952063784966_5118162416176967532_n.png

Does anyone know if Sumich thinks Freo should trade Darcy? Not sure if he has mentioned it.
Oh my god. How bad is that article, not once does he mention the age demographic of Freo vs the teams he thinks are awesome.

He thinks Brayshaw and Serong can't get any better? Brayshaw plays like 2022 for the whole year instead of being injured for 50% and we're better. Serong just needs to start kicking goals.

Plus

"..the bulk of Dockers have already peaked in terms of their potential. Defenders Luke Ryan, Brennan Cox and Jordan Clark, wingman James Aish and forwards Lachie Schultz, Josh Treacy, Sam Sturt and Michael Frederick could all stagnate."

Ryan, Aish and even Shooter maybe. But the rest of them are 20-22 you goose with less than 50 games.

"..the bulk of Dockers have already peaked in terms of their potential. Defenders Luke Ryan, Brennan Cox and Jordan Clark, wingman James Aish and forwards Lachie Schultz, Josh Treacy, Sam Sturt and Michael Frederick could all stagnate."

Ryan, Aish and even Shooter maybe. But the rest of them are 20-22 you goose with less than 50 games.
Haven't read the article and this sentence validates that. Imagine thinking a 21 year old key forward has played his best football.

Meh, again the defensiveness on here when anyone says anything negative.
There are literally 100s of players that have gone through the AFL system, reached their ceiling early and stagnated after that. From his list it's unlikely that all of those players will continue to get better from here, just as it's unlikely they will all stagnate. It's likely to be somewhere in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back