Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Dean Laidley was a tough son of a bitch and I reckon Dani Laidley is even tougher. God bless her.

Re: "tough son of a bitch". I got a feeling Laidley, D. is mentioned in the Demolition Derby commentary after Troy Cook sends Mitchell White to the autopsy room. Messrs Cometti and Mainwairing have a bit of time to fill as the stretcher comes on and off and chat about past players who could put you in the hurt locker. Mainwaring calls Laidley a bag of bones, maybe recalling one of those violence filled mid-80's WP vs EF games from the WAFL when they were both pups.

from afl.com.au

5) This Docker's polish matches his brutality​

Young Fremantle forward Josh Treacy was playing his 50th game on Sunday, but the big-bodied Docker is looking every bit like a hardened AFL star as he takes charge of the Freo forward line. The underrated weapon of Treacy, however, is his kicking inside 50, which can be as precise as any Dockers players and was on display against Gold Coast when he pinpointed Sam Sturt on the lead in the third quarter. It wasn't a big stats day for Treacy, but everything he did, including two big contested marks and set shot goals, had an impact. When Jye Amiss rediscovers his form and Treacy is able to use his skill more to set up his sidekick, look out. - Nathan Schmook
JT is a brilliant field kick. He gives me Barry Hall vibes as a forward. If he can be 2/3 as good I will be very happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? At the moment Fyfe isn't having an impact in the middle or up forward.

Why are players like Young, Serong & Brayshaw able to get the ball and exit stoppages ?. Maybe someone is blocking their opponent from the contest, or getting the ball, sucking in players to come to him, then dish off to the free player.

Footy is not all about stats, as grunt work doesn’t attract stats.

AFL footy boss Laura Kane reveals a plan to give remote WA communities more access to elite footy pathways​

Craig O'DonoghueThe West Australian
Wed, 26 June 2024 2:00AM
Comments
Craig O'Donoghue
The AFL is investigating opportunities to establish elite footy hubs in remote parts of Western Australia in a bid to give more youngsters the chance to become AFL players without having to leave home during high school to chase their dream.
AFL Executive General Manager of Football Laura Kane has spent her first season in the role travelling around the country searching for ways to improve the talent pathway.

Her comments after the disgrace that was round zero - effectively the flies and shit argument; "plenty watched, so it must be good" - raised alarms, but Laura's comments about the asterisked West Coast flag teams being sufficient evidence that Freo should shut up and quietly accept being drystroked by the fixture have made me very suspicious of anything she has to offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back