Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no Hun journo named Jai Clarke, there is one named Jay Clark with that photo though.
It reads like a post from the bigfooty rumours page.
It's obviously an AI-concocted hoax by some Collingwood supporter

There's no Hun journo named Jai Clarke, there is one named Jay Clark with that photo though.
It reads like a post from the bigfooty rumours page.
It's obviously an Chat GPT-concocted hoax by some Collingwood supporter
Can’t we fine and punish them anyway? Asking for a friend.

Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw says there’s no lure back to Victoria despite being out of contract in 2025

Victorian raised Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw has declared Perth home as the Dockers prepare to fight to keep their vice-captain who is out of contract at the end of next year.

Brayshaw, 24, will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2025 and has already been linked to several Victorian clubs including St Kilda who are believed to be flush with cash to bring in talent.

Fremantle have been on a roll in locking away key talent to long contracts, with Brennan Cox, Sean Darcy (2030), Caleb Serong, Brandon Walker, Hayden Young, Heath Chapman, Luke Ryan (2027), Jordan Clark (2028), Jye Amiss and Luke Jackson (2029) all contracted well beyond this year.
Drafted out of Sandringham Dragons with pick No.2 in 2017, Brayshaw is one of the key pieces in the Dockers’ push for a maiden premiership and said he will look at his contract at the end of the season.

“I haven’t really been listening to too much noise about it. My main focus is finishing the season as strong as I can, hopefully us pushing deep into September and then probably analyse contract talks at the end of the season,” Brayshaw said.
“Our main focus is really playing good footy at the moment.”

Brayshaw is settled in Perth, but both the midfielder and his fiancé Lizzie Stock are from Melbourne and still have ties to the state.

Asked if there’s a strong pull back to Victoria, Brayshaw said: “No, I wouldn’t say so.

Fremantle Dockers believe role changes for Caleb Serong and Hayden Young will have them fresh for finals

Danielle Laidley’s player ratings: Every West Coast Eagle and Fremantle Docker ranked after round 16

“I consider Perth my home now. Me and my fiancé own a house in East Fremantle and we love it here. We’ve got a little dog, got our own little family going here.
“While we both still have family in Victoria we definitely call Perth home.”

Sean Darcy had some nice things to say about Andy's captaincy vs Sydney, although proviso was that he was over at his house waiting to be served dinner when he was being interviewed.

Also mentioned that Serong after he was tagged at half-time tried to create a 2 vs 1 to free up one of our other mids.

Last edited:
Shaun Darcy had some nice things to say about Andy's captaincy vs Sydney, although proviso was that he was over at his house waiting to be served dinner when he was being interviewed.

Also mentioned that Serong after he was tagged at half-time tried to create a 2 vs 1 to free up one of our other mids.
Where did you hear this interview Stax?

Ah but how the narrative changes.
From no wins against the top 8 to three in one week, we did pretty well!

“Because of the teams that have come in (to the top eight) now, Fremantle’s record against top eight teams is really solid – they’re three and three with a draw, and there’s not many teams that have a winning record against the top eight at the moment.”

Ah but how the narrative changes.
From no wins against the top 8 to three in one week, we did pretty well!

“Because of the teams that have come in (to the top eight) now, Fremantle’s record against top eight teams is really solid – they’re three and three with a draw, and there’s not many teams that have a winning record against the top eight at the moment.”

I have us as 2-1-3 against top 8 sides rn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not bothered about whether the media "respects us"

What the media thinks means **** all, the fans shouldn't care and neither should the boys, sure it's nice to hear the media pump us up, but if they don't talk about us who cares? We perform better when nobody knows we're coming.

Winning is what matters.

Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw says there’s no lure back to Victoria despite being out of contract in 2025

Victorian raised Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw has declared Perth home as the Dockers prepare to fight to keep their vice-captain who is out of contract at the end of next year.

Brayshaw, 24, will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2025 and has already been linked to several Victorian clubs including St Kilda who are believed to be flush with cash to bring in talent.

Fremantle have been on a roll in locking away key talent to long contracts, with Brennan Cox, Sean Darcy (2030), Caleb Serong, Brandon Walker, Hayden Young, Heath Chapman, Luke Ryan (2027), Jordan Clark (2028), Jye Amiss and Luke Jackson (2029) all contracted well beyond this year.
Drafted out of Sandringham Dragons with pick No.2 in 2017, Brayshaw is one of the key pieces in the Dockers’ push for a maiden premiership and said he will look at his contract at the end of the season.

“I haven’t really been listening to too much noise about it. My main focus is finishing the season as strong as I can, hopefully us pushing deep into September and then probably analyse contract talks at the end of the season,” Brayshaw said.

Brayshaw is settled in Perth, but both the midfielder and his fiancé Lizzie Stock are from Melbourne and still have ties to the state.

Asked if there’s a strong pull back to Victoria, Brayshaw said: “No, I wouldn’t say so.

Fremantle Dockers believe role changes for Caleb Serong and Hayden Young will have them fresh for finals

Danielle Laidley’s player ratings: Every West Coast Eagle and Fremantle Docker ranked after round 16

“I consider Perth my home now. Me and my fiancé own a house in East Fremantle and we love it here. We’ve got a little dog, got our own little family going here.
Least surprising admission you'll hear all year.

I don't think Brayshaw has ever been a flight risk.

I'm not bothered about whether the media "respects us"

What the media thinks means **** all, the fans shouldn't care and neither should the boys, sure it's nice to hear the media pump us up, but if they don't talk about us who cares? We perform better when nobody knows we're coming.

Winning is what matters.

I'm 90% with you on this but I'll say a couple of things.

1) All the best powerhouse premiership teams had a hint of arrogance about them. I think we could probably do with a smidge of that on field. A lot of that is internal belief, but I also think you get a bit of that when you're rated externally.

2) Assuming we get to the point where we are making prelims etc, the positive attention is going to be unavoidable to an extent, and we need to be able to deal with it. Historically we've put in a stinker right after everyone starts rating us in the press. We need to get over that cycle.

"As good as it has ever been"
Wonderous word from the AFL chief executive. Wonderous as wonderous as off with the fairies .
He surely doesn't expect the general football follower to beieve what he said today in South Australia.
He should have left this one to Laura Kane, at least she would have baffled up with bull sheeit.And he generous smirk.
He, like Laura, is out of his depth in his job.
Never has there been a season that every week, there has been so many game changing decisions.All these cause confusion during games to the players and supporters.
Umpiring is tough, I know. Would I ever do it... No I wouldn't.But there are those that chose to do it and take the money. What they need is for the AFL to simplify the way way the game is officiated. Not every week make a change in interpretation.
At least one too many umpires on the ground... Change that for starters.

What else would he say? Umpiring generally doesn't decide games lbh.
It's the dodgy ones late in the game that people generally get angry about.
We didn't really lose to the Tankers coz of the touched kick, nor the dissent.
We lost it coz we did stupid shit late, after owning the contest for 90% of the game.
Same with last w/end, we did stupid shit to let the Lizard run free.
Umpires haven't been great, but they need to be endorsed or no-one would do it.
Wouldn't have much of a game without umpires

AFL umpiring isn’t good enough. Simple as that. Excuses like it’s a tough game to umpire doesn’t fly with me - so are so many other major sports yet it isn’t the topic of conversation pretty much every single close game.

You’ve got your head in the sand if you think anything different imo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back