Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a trick question or do you really not know? Lagers out sell ales all over the world. Just look at Aus top 10 by volume.

Australia’s Top 10 beers by volume for 2023

1. Great Northern Brewing Co Super Crisp Lager (30 can pack)
2. XXXX Gold (375ml 30 can pack)
3. Carlton Dry (stubbie)
4. Great Northern Brewing Co Super Crisp Lager (stubbie)
5. Corona Extra (stubbie)
6. Great Northern Brewing Co Original Lager Can – full strength (30 can pack)
7. Great Northern Brewing Co Original Lager – full strength (stubbie carton)
8. Victoria Bitter (30 can pack)
9. Tooheys New (375ml 30 can pack)
10. Coopers Pale Ale (stubbie)

The worldwide lager market accounted for US$380,000,000,000 in sales in JUST 2023. That's a lot of dough. (https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/lager-market).

And if you're seriously asking that question, you've clearly never had a good dopplebock, maibock, octoberfest, baltic porter, or any other lager style. I honestly feel bad for you. Put down the watered down light lager garbage and seek out some high quality lagers. When you come visit the states, let me know and I'll point you to some lager breweries that'll knock your aussie socks off. You won't return the same man.
Nah to he honest never had a lager that has blown my mind, when i go to a brewery i never even think about chosing a lager (mostly due to drinking only swan draught while i was in uni and being done with it).

Can see your point tho, ill be in Germany next month might have to seek out some craft lager to give it a go.

You're right about American breweries though, so good! Took a walk down Milwaukee Ave from Logan Square to Wicker Park and a blast.

The worst thing about having such a bad run, is that it forces the club into making short term decisions that hurt it in the long run.
Look at that space through the middle.... they give us that it will be a massacre.

If anyone can see the insta stories from today - they have a slow mo section from training to day. There is one of Dogga on a run through. IS the unit behind him the Irish fella?

Last year I read for the first time about non-tasters and super-tasters and I couldn't help but laugh at the all the offense that had been taken (and no doubt blood spilt) over meals and beverages that had come from the same kitchen, same chef, same ingredients and same pot, but depending on the density of receptors on the tongue of the punter and you could flip a coin to determine that, you might as well be pouring God's own golden ambrosia from a shimmering crystal decanter or conversely flopping out a swollen pigs end and pissing hot bile over your napkin draped forearm.

Consider that and it makes all the accompanying passion, snobbery, swilling, long hours, shouting, head nodding, lining up, reviews, vlogs, michelin stars etc seem entirely quixotic.

Layer on the psychological factors affecting our palates, the nostalgia, the trauma, it's really no wonder this world can be so horrific yet simultaneously awe inspiring. What a mess we are!

All that said if I had to drink a different beer every day for the rest of my life, I'd choose pale ales over lagers, if I had to drink the same beer every day for the rest of my life it would be a lager over an ale.

To Josh Treacy!!!!! Živjeli! 🍻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's worth another year tbh considering all the other garbage players they need to delist first.

He's had a tough run injury wise with an ACL.
It doesn’t look good for him. 6 changes, 5 forced and he’s the only player omitted after playing a full game.

You’d think 5 changes would be enough.

It doesn’t look good for him. 6 changes, 5 forced and he’s the only player omitted after playing a full game.

You’d think 5 changes would be enough.

They’re strange changes. Thought for sure Darling would go out after being completely useless last week and almost bringing down Oscar Allen to his level (not really not I’m sure too many talls isn’t great for Allen).

Unless this is Darling’s final ever game it makes no sense. Surely they’d would’ve announced it by now if it was. I know Darling is contracted for next year but my mates who support West Coast are now mocking him like he’s Jack Anthony and have been for two years. It’s so overdue that he retires.

Ever noticed that when someone is trying a fend off - Fyfe grabs their arm. I realised today that this is something we train for, after watching the slow mo videos and seeing them practice it (on Treacy)
They should grab the wrist and pull them in the direction they’re moving, step aside and put their other hand on their shoulder blade. Would stop any fend. Classic kung fu move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back