Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone confirm for me... this whole GC get access to all of their academy players regardless of when they're bidded on bulls**t.... is this coming to an end at some point?
As of right now they do

But there was talk early this year that would change

They need to decide quickly tho as they have 2 that will get bid on top 20 this year Lombard and another I can’t recall

Can we please choose someone this week who makes us better. I don't care who it is but that is my only criteria that his selection makes us a bit better. Please Brady and co. 🤞🏼
Won’t make us better straight away as he has to have a 4 week block of training to lower his fitness base to match the rest of the squad

Sid was solid but not spectacular in his first champs outing for 2024. My guess is that he's still searching for match fitness and form after his long injury layoff - he had a strong opening half before fading out of the game and there was a lot of hands on head or knees sucking in the big ones in the second half. His defensive efforts in particular we poor at times.

As of right now they do

But there was talk early this year that would change

They need to decide quickly tho as they have 2 that will get bid on top 20 this year Lombard and another I can’t recall
Gold Coast have 5 youngsters this year, Lombard, Kalani White, Caleb Nancarrow, Zai Millane, and Zeke Uwland.
Right now probably only Lombard will get bid on in the first round this year but as always the champs may play a deciding factor in that decision.

Gold Coast have 5 youngsters this year, Lombard, Kalani White, Caleb Nancarrow, Zai Millane, and Zeke Uwland.
Right now probably only Lombard will get bid on in the first round this year but as always the champs may play a deciding factor in that decision.
Is white a f/s for Melb

Lombard was terrific yesterday, BOG for mine

Players waiting to see if North will pick them...
Shocked Ubisoft GIF by Rabbids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another solid performance from one of SA's deep contingent of midfielders. Hargrave is coming off a promising bottom age campaign where he was named MVP of the SANFL U18s competition. He's tough and strong in the contest as well as tidy and clever with his disposal.

Edit: this one might be a bit too Will Phillips for the roos

When did Phoenix become such a common first name?
1990s. Assuming it was sparked by River Phoenix's acting career, and not his trip to the Viper Room.

Fun fact: River Phoenix's birth surname was Bottom.

Phoenix has only been recently used as a common given name. It first entered popularity charts in the United States for boys in 1995. The name then began seeing usage in England & Wales, New Zealand, and Australia a few years later. In the U.S., Phoenix entered the top 1000 for girls in 2003 and is now nearly equally as popular as it is for boys.

A big return to form this week for Smillie, racking up the disposals and kicking a couple of goals to help his Eastern Ranges overcome a Pioneers team that they found tough to crack on the day.

Really wish he was faster, more explosive. Looks a very very accomplished player, but I’d like a bit more agro

Smillie is such a weird prospect.

You'd think a 194cm midfielder would be elite on the inside, strong in the air and/or break tackles as a key feature of his game. You'd also think he provides a real physical defensive element at stoppages. He's not any of these things, at least they're not key features of his game.

Instead, you get a top 5 ball user by foot in this draft crop, who is clean below his knees, composed and also spreads well from the contest.

He's the weirdest top-end prospect I can remember.

Smillie is such a weird prospect.

You'd think a 194cm midfielder would be elite on the inside, strong in the air and/or break tackles as a key feature of his game. You'd also think he provides a real physical defensive element at stoppages. He's not any of these things, at least they're not key features of his game.

Instead, you get a top 5 ball user by foot in this draft crop, who is clean below his knees, composed and also spreads well from the contest.

He's the weirdest top-end prospect I can remember.
Kind of like a 6ft 6 KPF who can't take a contested mark..

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

A big return to form this week for Smillie, racking up the disposals and kicking a couple of goals to help his Eastern Ranges overcome a Pioneers team that they found tough to crack on the day.

#1 Josh Smillie

Also Jagga smith had a huge game 50 disposals for chargers

Almost double the next player

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back