Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish he was available in this draft. I'd have no hesitation taking him at 1.

It would be interesting if you could choose to draft a kid one year early on the previso that kid has to still play Coates league the following year but they are technically on your list.

It would be interesting if you could choose to draft a kid one year early on the previso that kid has to still play Coates league the following year but they are technically on your list.
They used to do some weird things like that in the NBA. Its how the Celtics ended up getting Larry Bird from memory with a lower pick even though he was considered the number 1 prospect, as he'd already committed to going back to play college for another year.

They used to do some weird things like that in the NBA. Its how the Celtics ended up getting Larry Bird from memory with a lower pick even though he was considered the number 1 prospect, as he'd already committed to going back to play college for another year.
Think AFL had some similar stuff going on early 90s.

Wish he was available in this draft. I'd have no hesitation taking him at 1.

What do you think Crows or Port would give up this year to get their hands on our future 1?
And do you think it would be a realsitic opition for us?

Crows probably fall into that Draper range so may be happy to hold this year.

What do you think Crows or Port would give up this year to get their hands on our future 1?

theres nothing Port could offer! scum

Like this logic.

Let's assume other clubs treat it as a fait accompli that we'll hold #1 next year.

You could potentially setup a very low downside trade on that basis.

I don't think they'd be able to offer enough for our future 1st. Not unless they open up further years of future trading.

Even then it's no guarantee that we finish last next year so they'd be taking a monumental risk with ALOT of draft capital.

Realistically if we were to trade out 2025 first round pick then in return I'd want Adelaide's 2023,2024 & 25 first rounder in return. There is every chance that all of those picks could be middle tier 8-15.

I don't think they'd be able to offer enough for our future 1st. Not unless they open up further years of future trading.

Even then it's no guarantee that we finish last next year so they'd be taking a monumental risk with ALOT of draft capital.

Realistically if we were to trade out 2025 first round pick then in return I'd want Adelaide's 2023,2024 & 25 first rounder in return. There is every chance that all of those picks could be middle tier 8-15.
Rachele, Adl 2024 R1, Adl 2025 R1 for NM 2024 R2, 2025 R1.

Thoughts?

Rachele, Adl 2024 R1, Adl 2025 R1 for NM 2024 R2, 2025 R1.

Thoughts?

Thilthorpe is another I’d target, think he will come good.
A bit depends on where that current F1 of crows ends up.

It’s an interesting discussion, potentially if we have 1 or 2 again next year it will hold more value in its year.

Thilthorpe is another I’d target, think he will come good.
A bit depends on where that current F1 of crows ends up.

It’s an interesting discussion, potentially if we have 1 or 2 again next year it will hold more value in its year.
True. Hard to see a SA kid wanting to head over but you never know.

The crux of it being would Rachele be enough to push us into thinking about it?

We potentially might be talking JHFF Mk II but with a willingness to deal at a good price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would we use Adelaide's 2023 first rounder and if you've figured out time travel, there' a couple of other trade opportunities I'd like to revisit.

We can add another Key Forward to add to the watch list. GWV Jonty Faul bobbing up with 5 goals in a thriller against Dandenong.

Absolute have to invest an Key Forward this draft.

His first game back this season after he had some back issues. Kicked 5.2 and had another shot that went out on the full. 14 disposals and 4 marks.

Can’t wait to see him play in the championships for Country

Is there an Ollie Hollands type in this draft?
Yes, and while Ollie is a good two way runner, this guy is a lot better, in fact I'll go on to say he's bloody good and a lot of improvement to come, his name, Finn O'Sullivan. I know a lot of posters go on about smallish mids and that we have enough of them but this guy is very good, runs both ways and for a player of his size {182cm} is good overhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back