MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

Maynard body slams and because there was no injury, doesn’t get even reviewed. Nothing else to say.
Who did Christian play for again?

Say that again 😂

Meanwhile, Scott said he wasn’t too concerned around Patrick Dangerfield’s dangerous tackle on Sam Walsh

Gryan Miers has been charged with striking (first offence) Lachlan Cowan in the second quarter. The incident was assessed as intentional conduct, low impact and body contact, resulting in a $3,750 fine or $2,500 with an early plea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be alone here but personally think he was trying to keep his weight back and not drive Walsh forward.

Happy if he gets off but won't be surprised if he doesn't
Don't think that's particularly relevant, he pinned both arms and in doing so put Sam in dangers way.

I may be alone here but personally think he was trying to keep his weight back and not drive Walsh forward.

At first glance it looks like it AndyLucimitis but go back and have a look at it again with particular attention to Danger’s legs

I haven’t heard anyone mention the most dangerous part of the tackle - it’s not the dump/sling combined with the arm hold, it’s the hip drop.

Have a look at this in isolation - where his feet start and where they finish. All the force comes from his entire body weight- launching at Sam then trebucheting himself and making Sam carry all his weight whilst he’s moving - it’s just pure luck that Sam wasn’t KO’D.

D38F845D-2495-473A-BF0B-D9292DC92E02.jpeg DAF6D24C-0A9D-4548-95B1-CFEEC99E8EAA.jpeg

Now I’m not going hard at Danger here, not fussed if he goes or not, but man I hope the AFL look at this technique and outlaw it like other sports have started looking at. If Sam was more upright and not already leaning forward it’s the sort of tackle that can destroy knees and ankles/feet etc

He deserves a week, but because Cats play * and I want * to have as many defeats as possible I can accept Danger gets off. But seriously the guy has significant form with his white hot game day fever causing lots of damage to many players. We've seen first hand how he wrecked Murphy.

He's in the wrong era to try and think hurt first, ball later.

He deserves a week, but because Cats play * and I want * to have as many defeats as possible I can accept Danger gets off. But seriously the guy has significant form with his white hot game day fever causing lots of damage to many players. We've seen first hand how he wrecked Murphy.

He's in the wrong era to try and think hurt first, ball later.
Even at Adelaide he lined up Murphy

Not alone. I’m part of the wtf was he supposed to do crew.

If they don’t want that in the game then they need to outlaw pinning birth arms, or leaving your feet in a tackle. I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t, but there needs to be that kind of black and white law if people are going to start getting weeks for that.

Have to agree with Geelong to challenge this, if it was one of our boys, I would want the club to do the same. I don't think there was any malice in it, it was the start of the game, adrenaline pumping, you want to make a statement and start strong, I didn't think it was deliberately dangerous.

It was mainly momentum forward and like Kemp previously, once the knees anchor into the ground the only place the body can go is down and the head follows.

The game is too fast and has too many variables to suspend someone for possible outcomes as part of the laws of the game.

What they can suspend is players who punch as this are not within the laws of the game.

As for Brian Taylor saying Walsh deliberately tried to bang his head into the dirt, not once but twice, seriously what a clown.

Hip drop tackles are outlawed in rugby league - as usual, AFL is clueless about basic physics in a contact sport - the fact that this is even being debated shows how ignorant ( no offense meant to anyone) people are of what a safe tackle is and what unsafe is- Dangerfield actually went out of his way to bring his legs from a rearwards horizontal position and an easy roll over for a fair tackle to a forwards (in front and under him) position tucked under himself and letting all the weight of the momentum and his weight fall on Walsh's forwards downwards momentum - whilst pinning both arms- it is basically form of spear tackle - just less obvious to the un initiated.

Dangerfield has form very smart hit man - the AFL has form too- a bunch of nuffies running the joint.

The fact that the AFL: doesn't even have clear do's and dont's is a blight on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back