Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense but I think in Gerreyn's case, the fact he has been consistently dominating at Colts level has to count for something. Could you argue he has probably been the most consistent performer of all the key forward prosects this year?
He's been playing as a ruck-forward in the colts comp and has been one of the most consistent players in that position all year, his ruck craft has actually gone up a level but he has so much potential as a key forward its not funny. Will green, who Sydney took at pick 16 and Taylor Goad who we took at pick 20 in last years draft have a lot of potential more so Taylor who's going to be a late boomer, you compare Kayle who could be anything as a forward and as a ruck-forward will still be very damaging and I rate kayle's potential as absurd.

So you get the picture that if quite a few recruiters feel the same way then I'll be shocked if he is not picked somewhere in that first round, don't be fooled that he's going second or third round, while he could, I'll bet the house that he is going first round, he has to much untapped ability to be falling in the 2nd/3rd rounds of this draft!

He's been playing as a ruck-forward in the colts comp and has been one of the most consistent players in that position all year, his ruck craft has actually gone up a level but he has so much potential as a key forward its not funny. Will green, who Sydney took at pick 16 and Taylor Goad who we took at pick 20 in last years draft have a lot of potential more so Taylor who's going to be a late boomer, you compare Kayle who could be anything as a forward and as a ruck-forward will still be very damaging and I rate kayle's potential as absurd.

So you get the picture that if quite a few recruiters feel the same way then I'll be shocked if he is not picked somewhere in that first round, don't be fooled that he's going second or third round, while he could, I'll bet the house that he is going first round, he has to much untapped ability to be falling in the 2nd/3rd rounds of this draft!

It seems at the moment, Armstrong, Shanahan and Whitlock are probably rated above and are all touted as possible first rounders. Maybe this is what pushes Gerreyn back to the second round as not all teams have a key forward as their highest priority.

He's 2cms shorter than Charlie Comben and he killed it at CHB when Barrass and McGovern were out injured in previous years.
Sorry i thought you were taking about Bo Allan rather than Oscar Allen :drunk:

If they are going to Oscar Allen at CHB next year...we might as well get into now for move in 2025...that would be like moving Nick Larkey to CHB!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems at the moment, Armstrong, Shanahan and Whitlock are probably rated above and are all touted as possible first rounders. Maybe this is what pushes Gerreyn back to the second round as not all teams have a key forward as their highest priority.
A most logical assumption Better Loosen Up! I think plenty of teams need a key forward BUT their first priority must be very good midfielders, the big question they must ask themselves is unless the midfielder the team is going to get is going to be a very good player. Are they going to risk not picking Kayle and letting him fall to another club? Its all about where the 18 recruiters from the other clubs have Kayle marked on their list, for all that we know some recruiters could have Kayle as the best 1st/2nd/3rd key forward in the draft, some might think potentially, he's the next Paddy Ryder the 2nd.

All recruiters will see things differently, even the top ten players, who are mostly midfielders, players will be ranked anywhere from 1 to 10 in different order, that's what makes this draft so frustrating and so tantalising, so much talent, if you know where to look and back yourself in, no matter where certain players are rated, as they say at the show, there's prizes for everyone! If the famed SPOCK were indeed alive and asked his opinion on the talent in this draft using only his logic, it would go something like this!
star trek spock GIF

SPOCK'S 2024 NATIONAL AFL DRAFT {first round only}

1/ Jagga Smith
2/ Levi Ashcroft
3/ Harvey Langford
4/ Xavier Lindsay
5/ Leonardo Lombard
6/ Sid Draper
7/ Josh Smillie
8/ Murphy Reid
9/ Tobie Travaglia
10/ Joe Berry
11/ Alex Dodson
12/ Finn O'Sullivan
13/ Isaac Kako
14/ Bo Allan
15/ Harry Armstrong
16/ Kayle Gerreyn
17/ Luke Urquhart
18/ Luke Trainor
19/ Ben Camporeale
20/ Sam Lalor
21/ Taj Hotton
22/ Tom Gross

Last edited:
A most logical assumption Better Loosen Up! I think plenty of teams need a key forward BUT their first priority must be very good midfielders, the big question they must ask themselves is unless the midfielder the team is going to get is going to be a very good player. Are they going to risk not picking Kayle and letting him fall to another club? Its all about where the 18 recruiters from the other clubs have Kayle marked on their list, for all that we know some recruiters could have Kayle as the best 1st/2nd/3rd key forward in the draft, some might think potentially, he's the next Paddy Ryder the 2nd.

All recruiters will see things differently, even the top ten players, who are mostly midfielders, players will be ranked anywhere from 1 to 10 in different order, that's what makes this draft so frustrating and so tantalising, so much talent, if you know where to look and back yourself in, no matter where certain players are rated, as they say at the show, there's prizes for everyone! If the famed SPOCK were indeed alive and asked his opinion on the talent in this draft using only his logic, it would go something like this!
star trek spock GIF

1/ Jagga Smith
2/ Levi Ashcroft
3/ Harvey Langford
4/ Xavier Lindsay
5/ Leonardo Lombard
6/ Sid Draper
7/ Josh Smillie
8/ Murphy Reid
9/ Tobie Travaglia
10/ Joe Berry
12/ Finn O'Sullivan
13/ Isaac Kako
14/ Bo Allan
15/ Harry Armstrong
16/ Kayle Gerreyn
17/ Luke Urquhart
18/ Luke Trainor
19/ Ben Camporeale
20/ Sam Lalor
21/ Taj Hotton
22/ Tom Gross
By gee no one has a clue who’s the best pick this year ?!
I see this changing every day … I reckon it’s a good year to split our pick 2 as a lot are saying or dangle our pick 2 for an established contracted key forward? Cadman ?
Also, This way we won’t feel bad on who we missed out on cos there are so many variables this draft on who’s name will be selected come draft night @ pick 2

By gee no one has a clue who’s the best pick this year ?!
I see this changing every day … I reckon it’s a good year to split our pick 2 as a lot are saying or dangle our pick 2 for an established contracted key forward? Cadman ?
Also, This way we won’t feel bad on who we missed out on cos there are so many variables this draft on who’s name will be selected come draft night @ pick 2
JFC will I have to read pick 2 for Cadman every day for the next 6 weeks? GWS are not trading Cadman for pick 2 or even pick 2 and future 1st. Not happening.

star trek spock GIF

1/ Jagga Smith
2/ Levi Ashcroft
3/ Harvey Langford
4/ Xavier Lindsay
5/ Leonardo Lombard
6/ Sid Draper
7/ Josh Smillie
8/ Murphy Reid
9/ Tobie Travaglia
10/ Joe Berry
12/ Finn O'Sullivan
13/ Isaac Kako
14/ Bo Allan
15/ Harry Armstrong
16/ Kayle Gerreyn
17/ Luke Urquhart
18/ Luke Trainor
19/ Ben Camporeale
20/ Sam Lalor
21/ Taj Hotton
22/ Tom Gross
If O’Sullivan drops like a stone like in this scenario, trading away the future first would have to be a legitimate strategy.

It would be silly to be able to land a mid with that sort of evenness in their game outside the top 5.

If O’Sullivan drops like a stone like in this scenario, trading away the future first would have to be a legitimate strategy.

It would be silly to be able to land a mid with that sort of evenness in their game outside the top 5.
That's true, but Spock's draft was just a light hearted view on pure logic, fwiw I don't think Finn will drop out of the top 3, regardless of all the people panicking on picking him "because of his injuries". ;)

10/ Joe Berry
12/ Finn O'Sullivan

I know LMac was pretty ordinary this year, but removing the number 11 from everything is going a little far! ;)

Or is that a player Spock is trying to hide from the other clubs as who you really want for our 2nd rounder? As long as he's not from Queensland!

I know LMac was pretty ordinary this year, but removing the number 11 from everything is going a little far! ;)

Or is that a player Spock is trying to hide from the other clubs as who you really want for our 2nd rounder? As long as he's not from Queensland!
I can live with it

star trek spock GIF

1/ Jagga Smith
2/ Levi Ashcroft
3/ Harvey Langford
4/ Xavier Lindsay
5/ Leonardo Lombard
6/ Sid Draper
7/ Josh Smillie
8/ Murphy Reid
9/ Tobie Travaglia
10/ Joe Berry
12/ Finn O'Sullivan
13/ Isaac Kako
14/ Bo Allan
15/ Harry Armstrong
16/ Kayle Gerreyn
17/ Luke Urquhart
18/ Luke Trainor
19/ Ben Camporeale
20/ Sam Lalor
21/ Taj Hotton
22/ Tom Gross
Spock is lost in space, the space between his ears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back