Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more so thinking Taylor Walker as a comparison

He’s way bigger. Like 5” taller.

Hawkins is the only player currently playing that resembled anything close to the same size at that age.

Hawkins played a fair bit in the ruck also at underage levels.

Charlie Dixon is maybe another comparison. But Gerryn’d dexterity and agility is on another level to Dixon.

That's true, but Spock's draft was just a light hearted view on pure logic, fwiw I don't think Finn will drop out of the top 3, regardless of all the people panicking on picking him "because of his injuries". ;)
He can not get on the park.

"because of his injuries"

It's not panicking, it is a dead set fact.

We are in absolutely no position to be taking risks on FOS with the amount of holes in our list.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawkins is the only player currently playing that resembled anything close to the same size at that age.

Charlie Dixon is maybe another comparison. But Gerryn’d dexterity and agility is on another level to Dixon.
Do you think his game will translate to playing against men.
Is he overpowering smaller bodies

Very little publicity regarding ex gippland power and current oakleigh charger jasper alger after missing a couple of chances on goals in his last game, reckon he could be an excellent 2nd rounder if he was still on the board as he generally knows where the goals are. Been playing in the shadow of finn O'Callahan.

I was hoping tigers take Finn/smith and we take Smillie

I think now it goes smith at 1
We take Smillie at 2

FOS goes pick 3 or even 4 with Lalor interchangeable

Watching Smilie lately... either tanking, injured or not that guy.

waiting outside packs and doesnt go in to get the ball. I have Lalor well ahead now

(5cm not 5" - 199 vs 194cm)

We are in absolutely no position to be taking risks on FOS with the amount of holes in our list.

So who do we pick with our 1st if we are not splitting it. I am still hoping we pick him regardless of his minor injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to take Riley Bice from Werribee with a rookie pick! Smooth mover, fantastic decision maker and links up so well across half back, 35 touches today in Werribee’s win over Geelong. So much upside in his game, wouldn’t want to miss out on another Werribee product like we did with Mannagh and Clohesy

Have to take Riley Bice from Werribee with a rookie pick! Smooth mover, fantastic decision maker and links up so well across half back, 35 touches today in Werribee’s win over Geelong. So much upside in his game, wouldn’t want to miss out on another Werribee product like we did with Mannagh and Clohesy
Good work mate keeping us in the loop.

Look I understand where your coming from, this draft along with the trade period is going to be so crucial, but Finn has had a thumb injury, a finger injury and now his hip flexor injury, its fine, its not like he's had a couple of acl's and a shoulder operation followed by foot problems, I think we are in a position to grab Finn if we want him, all youngsters get injured at some point and as far as I know Finn doesn't have a history of "injuries", he's your typical youngster as a footballer but with one big difference, he's a gun! If we keep our pick 2 selection, he will be in the frame.

I’ve been keeping an eye on him since you brought him up—he’s a very talented player. I don’t think he’ll still be available by the time we reach the rookie picks. I’d be willing to make an early move to get him in the door.

Wardlaw's hamstrings were far more concerning than FOS' injuries
Exactly! I swear its like being on the Titanic with the way people are responding to Finn's hip flexor injury, I also understand people have their favourites or just opinions on who we should go for but not wanting a lad who's hardly had any injuries is a bit funny.

Whats the point...we only give them the briefest of runs and then banish them never to return or not even give them a start!!!

Are they not listening to Barlow down there.

Whats his height mate and speed like

Exactly! I swear its like being on the Titanic with the way people are responding to Finn's hip flexor injury, I also understand people have their favourites or just opinions on who we should go for but not wanting a lad who's hardly had any injuries is a bit funny.
A bit funny. You are always very polite with your posts its very refreshing to have a very good poster as well as a very polite one at the same time.

Riley has been really, really well performed this year.

Are they not listening to Barlow down there.

Whats his height mate and speed like
185cm mate. Speed isn’t at the top end but he isn’t one paced either. He just sees the game so well and is a penetrating left foot kick, has some real composure about him.

Barlow would have a good understanding of the kid because he coached him last year. Bice was a Murray Bushranger back in the day and was considered a late chance to be picked because he was pretty lightly framed. Had physically matured now, and his VFL form proves it.

185cm mate. Speed isn’t at the top end but he isn’t one paced either. He just sees the game so well and is a penetrating left foot kick, has some real composure about him.

Barlow would have a good understanding of the kid because he coached him last year. Bice was a Murray Bushranger back in the day and was considered a late chance to be picked because he was pretty lightly framed. Had physically matured now, and his VFL form proves it.
How old is he roos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back