Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am with you on FOS and Trainor but I think the lack of focus on Jagga has gone from chatter that his stats are padded and he isn't damaging to acceptance that he is pretty special but he won't be on the board at our pick.
Facetious or you think he's the #1 pick?

Au contraire my large pouched friend.
I will be asking if we have picked Armstrong daily (when I remember) until draft night and we inevitably pick another tiny or injury prone bastard.
One Of Us GIF

Hey North fans, do you guys expect your club will pick a Key position player at 2 or one of the top prospect midfielders?
The correct and only answer here is no one has NFI what we will do.

Historically speaking clubs take the best available with such an early pick . Makes sense that .

Hey North fans, do you guys expect your club will pick a Key position player at 2 or one of the top prospect midfielders?
I don’t care how it happens but I hope we pick Armstrong. (Twice in one day GR! I don’t have to say it tomorrow)
However I expect us to pick the second coming of Muggsy Bogues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid at 2, potentially a KPF if we slip back.

Not as convinced on Armstrong as others are, especially not for a pick inside the top 5…

Plenty of upside for sure and good athleticism. But a little undersized and his hands don’t seem that sticky but he does get his hands to it a lot so can compete in the air..
So who would you prefer to be the first kpf that we pick?

Not as convinced on Armstrong as others are, especially not for a pick inside the top 5…

Plenty of upside for sure and good athleticism. But a little undersized and his hands don’t seem that sticky but he does get his hands to it a lot so can compete in the air..
195cm is not 'undersized' at all...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mid at 2, potentially a KPF if we slip back.
I think we potentially could trade up with one of the first round picks we get for Bolton & that pick + Baker to the Eagles pick 3.
I would assume we pick one of Jagga or FOS with our first pick. than the other mid if they are still there at 3rd pick that's if we end up getting the Eagles pick, than at 6 I think we could potentially go Armstrong or Smillie, Lalor.

With Riewoldt retired & Lynch getting on, I could see Harry Armstrong being very attractive at that pick 6.

Not too dissimilar to Cadman in that regard of not sticking his marks. He's a better set shot.
To me that is worth the wait in gold. Finishing off the work in front of the big sticks matters in finals.
I don't want a Harry McKay or Daniher that don't kick straight and kill the momentum.

Shanahan is a similar height to Armstrong. Gerreyn, Sims or Jack Whitlock are 199cm plus heights so they are options too.

Not too dissimilar to Cadman in that regard of not sticking his marks. He's a better set shot.
To me that is worth the wait in gold. Finishing off the work in front of the big sticks matters in finals.
I don't want a Harry McKay or Daniher that don't kick straight and kill the momentum.

Shanahan is a similar height to Armstrong. Gerreyn, Sims or Jack Whitlock are 199cm plus heights so they are options too.
I went thru 3-4 different “highlights videos “ of him .
Meh 🫤
I did not see him clunk 1 contested mark . Logan Mac vibes ….

At 3:39 he ran into space? Thats what does it for you? Gtrain is still my number 1 kpf. Kicked the ball 70 metres over the goal umpires hat. That’ll do son
I'd like Gerreyn, as well, but you missed the point. He got a goal there because he ran into space before anyone else clicked to it. It's a simple example but it's a trend through all of his clips.

Most star players are star players because they do simple shit a step ahead of other players.

I went thru 3-4 different “highlights videos “ of him .
Meh 🫤
I did not see him clunk 1 contested mark . Logan Mac vibes ….
Neither does Shanahan in some of his videos or GMan or Jack Whitlock. They all have to work on it.
Who? Armstrong? Averages 4.4 marks per game for Sandringham and 5 marks per game for Metro.
Shanahan 5 marks per game for Bendigo and 5.5 marks per game for the Allies.
Gerreyn 3.8 marks per game for WA.
Jack Whiltock 4.8 marks pre game for Murray and 5 marks per game for VC.

Last edited:
Ollie Hannaford is coming home with a wet sail in the tail end of the season. A move into the forward line has paid huge dividends for both him and the Rebels as his bags of goals have helped to propel them on an excellent run of form. He's high energy, quick and agile with a low center of gravity which lets him weave through traffic, he's surprisingly strong and capable of out wrestling opponents, and most importantly of all, he has more than a touch of audaciousness with the footy.

Me likey, likey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back