List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean like Dawson, Free, Pink, Teakle, Maley and Sellers?
To be fair Pink and Teakle are the only ones that fit the bill of being proven and experienced VFL players. Maley, Dawson and Sellers had only played a season before picked while Free only had 18 months at WAFL senior level.

I might be wrong but I think My Left Foote was more referring to seasoned and proven VFL guns like Mannagh/Brew ect.

To be fair Pink and Teakle are the only ones that fit the bill of being proven and experienced VFL players. Maley, Dawson and Sellers had only played a season before picked while Free only had 18 months at WAFL senior level.

I might be wrong but I think My Left Foote was more referring to seasoned and proven VFL guns like Mannagh/Brew ect.

Technically Pink and Teakle were SANFL/WAFL? I agree with your interpretation of MLF's post.

And rightly so. Because Darling is cooked. But apparently will set the training standards. Not sure what the Coaches are there for. In all seriousness…. :stern look
who else wants to join the roos though? We're struggling to pick up B graders and cant rely on just progression of natural talent when we don't have the mature agers to push the kids.

who else wants to join the roos though? We're struggling to pick up B graders and cant rely on just progression of natural talent when we don't have the mature agers to push the kids.
The Dude is cooked. If he wasn’t cooked I’d be all for it. Yah don’t go recruiting someone just because they are available. :stern look

The Dude is cooked. If he wasn’t cooked I’d be all for it. Yah don’t go recruiting someone just because they are available. :stern look

Well that's your opinion. Which you are entitled to. Personally, I don't have an opinion one way or another, because, like 99.9% of BF posters I have no way to judge that. What I will say is that he might just be a better option for a couple of years, than someone who we pick late in the draft who never goes anywhere with his career.

Some people at the Club obviously must have a different view to yours, and maybe, just maybe, they might be a tad more qualified than you or I or anyone else on BF, to make that judgement.

Last edited:
Well that's your opinion. Which you are entitled to. Personally, I don't have an opinion one way or another, because, like 99.9% of BT posters I have no way to judge that. What I will say is that he might just be a better option for a couple of years, than someone who we pick late in the draft who never goes anywhere with his career.

Some people at the Club obviously must have a different view to yours, and maybe, just maybe, they might be a tad more qualified than you or I or anyone else on BF, to make that judgement.
His own coach at the Eagles basically said he's done. Anyone who has watched them play for last two seasons knows he's done.
Those qualified people at club have managed five bottom two finishes in succession.
I'm not sure their judgement is as great as we'd all hope.

I'm not sure about that based on recent times.

And rightly so. Because Darling is cooked. But apparently will set the training standards. Not sure what the Coaches are there for. In all seriousness…. :stern look
I'm genuinely not sure what X Clarke is there for. Forward line is a shitheap, and he looked gormless as all **** in his pics at the Syd. Yes I might be seeing what I want to see, but his record doesn't exactly speak for itself thus far. At least our defenders sort of held up.

Darling might actually have to take on the role of a quasi-forwards coach, with a bit of antivaxx colouring thrown in

We're copping a lot of shit online about going after darling and not a 'legitimate' player.
Do they not realise that we've put our hand in the ring for numerous players over the years and not been able to get any of them?..
Yes they know this, but you've got to remember its what sell's papers and how dramatic it is.

His own coach at the Eagles basically said he's done. Anyone who has watched them play for last two seasons knows he's done.
Those qualified people at club have managed five bottom two finishes in succession.
I'm not sure their judgement is as great as we'd all hope.
Yeah, I’m not sure where the confidence in club decision making comes from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson had a pretty good season up until the MSD which is why we took him, that and we had no KPDs left standing.

I mean, these are guys who were playing in the amatuer grade and weren't teens, he implied we were just hitting the draft and getting rejects from other clubs, or that is how I read it. I don't think it is the case, we just haven't hit the dartboard when it comes to the MSD.

Yeah, I’m not sure where the confidence in club decision making comes from.

Maybe the fact we have a 4 time premiership coach, someone who was part of the Mel rebuild to win their first premiership in 60 odd years, a coach involved in Richmond's 3 premierships, a coach involved in Werribee's grand final loss last year, and another coach involved in Brisbanes grand final loss.... quite abit of premiership and finals experience there I would have thought to give us confidence in making the right decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And convince people to play in Werribee. I’m m not being a smartarse, it is just off Broadway.
They're a ridiculously well run club. Great ground and facilities, great high performance staff and coaches. There's a reason AFL clubs are poaching their staff. They give young guys a run and put proper time into their development.

Convincing people to come out this way isn't too hard. It's one of the only affordable places left in this city, especially for 20-30 year olds.

They're a ridiculously well run club. Great ground and facilities, great high performance staff and coaches. There's a reason AFL clubs are poaching their staff. They give young guys a run and put proper time into their development.

Convincing people to come out this way isn't too hard. It's one of the only affordable places left in this city, especially for 20-30 year olds.
Good call.

Werribee's gone from a Country town in the 50's and 60's to a thriving town.

You'll be hard pushed to find a more impressive main shopping strip than Watton Street.

I think it makes it easier that it's not AFL affiliated too. Can play whoever they want and also doesn't have the ups and downs and changes in the side on a weekly basis so can get that consistency and fluency

I don’t disagree with anything you said. But the money they make from Pokies also helps. They can pay players/coaches a lot more than the other clubs.

I think it makes it easier that it's not AFL affiliated too. Can play whoever they want and also doesn't have the ups and downs and changes in the side on a weekly basis so can get that consistency and fluency

If that were the case we'd see the other non aligned clubs performing as well, but they just aren't.

I'm genuinely not sure what X Clarke is there for. Forward line is a shitheap, and he looked gormless as all **** in his pics at the Syd. Yes I might be seeing what I want to see, but his record doesn't exactly speak for itself thus far. At least our defenders sort of held up.

Darling might actually have to take on the role of a quasi-forwards coach, with a bit of antivaxx colouring thrown in

You should send that to Darling so he can sue you too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back