Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A second straight 4 goal game for Harry Armstrong who appears to be firming as top key forward prospect in the pool and a top 10 fancy in the minds of many. He had a quieter period towards the end of the regular Talent League season, but has turned it on again so far in this finals series providing the forward 50 target his team needs and the goals required to push them towards yet another Dragons flag.

Is not the right pairing with Larkey. Too many double grabs and chest marks. Larkey needs to be paired with a contested marking keyforward, unless Clarko wants to continue playing 3 talls.

I just met sam lalors grandmother on the train having a yarn.

Pronounced Lawlor. I thought it was Laylor

She said he was very nervous now that he has done a hamstring injury. Said to the ol boomer, not to worry, he’s probably still an early first round pick.

Said her Grandson wants to play for collingwood. Doesnt want to go interstate, would be content with any Victorian club.

Family ties to Geelong. Weird lol

I’m sick to death of these kids wanting to play close to home. It’s an absolute privilege to get drafted, they should be happy to play anywhere.

I’m sick to death of these kids wanting to play close to home. It’s an absolute privilege to get drafted, they should be happy to play anywhere.
If you want to stay home, fine. Play local footy and you can see family as much as you want.

If you want to play AFL, put your big boy pants on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Im pumped. F1 to Crows for 4 and 25. 2 Draper, 4 Armstrong, 22 GMan + pick 25 Lets go!

Theres great top end talent to be had next year, but that trade all but ensures we have the players we need and want. We may not get a speedy mid/ fwd we need or a key fwd of Armstrong's talent, so are we really giving up that much? Gets them all on the list and we get cracking!
They’d burn the crows HQ down if they gave up 4 and 25 for a stab at F1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Lalor can forget about getting to Collingwood, at least for a few years.
Hopefully
If you want to stay home, fine. Play local footy and you can see family as much as you want.

If you want to play AFL, put your big boy pants on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
The same bloke that reported this from a "chance meeting with his nan" also reported that Luke was retiring and Phillips had two years on the table from Geelong!!! Probably no need to be hating on Lalor.

Hopefully

The same bloke that reported this from a "chance meeting with his nan" also reported that Luke was retiring and Phillips had two years on the table from Geelong!!! Probably no need to be hating on Lalor.

Not hating on Lalor.

It’s a general observation of players “wanting to be with family and friends “…..that’s easy solved. Don’t nominate for the National Draft.

Not hating on Lalor.

It’s a general observation of players “wanting to be with family and friends “…..that’s easy solved. Don’t nominate for the National Draft.
💯 agree. We were certainly a basket case when No Chase Jase was drafted. I wonder if he'd stay if we weren't so disjointed at the time. I try my best to hate him but **** me he's good! To think we could've had him and Harley in the same team is heart breaking.

💯 agree. We were certainly a basket case when No Chase Jase was drafted. I wonder if he'd stay if we weren't so disjointed at the time. I try my best to hate him but **** me he's good! To think we could've had him and Harley in the same team is heart breaking.

It’s not JHFF… don’t care about that shit…..Henry wanting to play with his brother at Geelong….Housten wanting to come home….put your big boy trousers on…

It’s not JHFF… don’t care about that shit…..Henry wanting to play with his brother at Geelong….Housten wanting to come home….put your big boy trousers on…
Guess my argument is draft the campaigners and give them a reason to stay. Let's be honest Jason wouldn't be regretting leaving one bit. We need to start winning. Very rarely does a kid get drafted to the team they want.

I like Drapers highlights more than I like Armstrong's. Is that weird? He just seems like a bloody jet.
I reckon Draper looks a lot like Wardlaw. In that they both have real intent at the man and the ball.

Two of them would be epic.

Draper solves none of our most pressing list issues.

Guess my argument is draft the campaigners and give them a reason to stay. Let's be honest Jason wouldn't be regretting leaving one bit. We need to start winning. Very rarely does a kid get drafted to the team they want.

It’s not about North or anyone in particular really. Just a general observation. If you need to stay close to mum and dad, then don’t nominate for a National Draft.

It’s not about North or anyone in particular really. Just a general observation. If you need to stay close to mum and dad, then don’t nominate for a National Draft.
I've got teenage kids and if one was drafted anywhere I'd up and move in a heart beat. Think it's mostly a private school thing.

I've got teenage kids and if one was drafted anywhere I'd up and move in a heart beat. Think it's mostly a private school thing.

Probably why the interstate clubs love the country kids.

Mind you, when I was 18, if an AFL club gave me the opportunity to get paid to play footy and move away from my folks, I’d be there like a rat up a drain pipe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back