Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, only been at Werribee. Recruited from North Albury in 2017, alongside Shaun Mannagh.

If you wanted a player to build culture, you won't find a better bloke and a harder worker than Dom Brew, also as hard as a cats head, used to do a bit of MMA before his VFL career.
I like to hear of guys like this getting a crack at the top level, last year Barlow was talking up quite a few of the werribee players come rookie, msd and psd, you'd hope the recruiting staff would at least consult him.

I like to hear of guys like this getting a crack at the top level, last year Barlow was talking up quite a few of the werribee players come rookie, msd and psd, you'd hope the recruiting staff would at least consult him.
Garoni is one to watch out for this year.

And Brew obviously if someone finally picks him up. Riley Bice stepped up too.

“I might not be the quickest, I’m not the most skilled, I’m not the tallest, I’m not the strongest, but I think I do a pretty good job of putting it together. And I won’t quit.’’ Liston winner Dom Brew on the idea of him reaching the AFL.
"I might not be the quickest, I’m not the most skilled, I’m not the tallest, I’m not the strongest, I'm not really competitive, but I love a feed, a beer and a cheeky joint" our next four year signing/MSD/second rounder.

Just looking at Twomey's latest form guide....the fact so many are rising and others dropping I don't think is in any way a reflection of ability but rather that there is just so much depth in a lot of positions, to the point I think it makes sense to try to draft for needs. Can't help but think if we were to split 2, I really think Armstrong and Berry would be great additions, and we are still going to get at least another highly rated player with our second rounder if not later picks as well.

Ideally we trade futures into this draft as well.

"I might not be the quickest, I’m not the most skilled, I’m not the tallest, I’m not the strongest, I'm not really competitive, but I love a feed, a beer and a cheeky joint" our next four year signing/MSD/second rounder.
There's hope for me yet!

Just looking at Twomey's latest form guide....the fact so many are rising and others dropping I don't think is in any way a reflection of ability but rather that there is just so much depth in a lot of positions, to the point I think it makes sense to try to draft for needs. Can't help but think if we were to split 2, I really think Armstrong and Berry would be great additions, and we are still going to get at least another highly rated player with our second rounder if not later picks as well.

Ideally we trade futures into this draft as well.
F1 and Goad to crows for 4 and 25
Pick 2 and 40 for 6, 10 and 29

We'd have 4,6,10,22,25 and 29

Lalor/ Draper/ FOS
Armstrong
Berry/ Hotton/ Trainor
Gerreyn
Dattoli/ M.Whitlock
Hannaford

A fantastic individual season from Harvey Langford finally came to an end as he wasn't able to lift his team to victory over the Sandy Dragons who've become the final boss of the Talent League in recent years. He's already taken home the Larke medal, and must be one of the hottest favourites for the Morrish medal which would cap off a glittering season of consistently elite play in which he stepped up at every level and met every challenge along the way.

Noting Clarko's love affair with left footers and our complete lack of quality tall forwards (apart from Larks) I just cannot see a world where we don't select Armstrong with our first pick.

My completely uneducated hunch is we will try and land Trainor, Armstrong and Berry with our pick 2 and future first.
I like your thought process "its a process", my only worry is while Luke's a good defender the head knocks with his brain already before he even gets drafted is a slight worry, remembering in the AFL they hit a lot harder than under 18s, I know plenty still want him and like him but it has to be a big risk and I think there is a better key defender in this draft with none of those things against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your thought process "its a process", my only worry is while Luke's a good defender the head knocks with his brain already before he even gets drafted is a slight worry, remembering in the AFL they hit a lot harder than under 18s, I know plenty still want him and like him but it has to be a big risk and I think there is a better key defender in this draft with none of those things against him.

But he BFNAAK! We've gotta have him! :rolleyes:

Anyone have any players they don’t want?

For mine, Tauru seems like a risk (athlete but can he footy?). Really feel that Smillie has huge bust potential; Xavier Lindsay seems a bit vanilla; and there’s a bit of Darcy Tucker about Langford…

For mine, Tauru seems like a risk (athlete but can he footy?). Really feel that Smillie has huge bust potential; Xavier Lindsay seems a bit vanilla; and there’s a bit of Darcy Tucker about Langford…
Trainor. Concussions

Finn - I know he's had a few injuries but he's been pretty average for most of the year. If he was so dominant last year, you would think you'd at least see some of that this year.

Smillie - Big kid but so what. Doesn't seem to have the right attributes.

Trainor - Concussion issues. Too risky.

Armstrong - (Ducks) Looks too much like a Larkey type to me and I don't think there's all that much difference between the best KPF's in this draft. I would rather get KPF's that bring something different to the table and make us more dynamic.

These are only one's that I have watched a fair bit of. I'll put my hand up and say there's a lot of others I know little about.

Trainor - concussions. Hotton - ACL. Lalor - Love him but injury prone. Faull - poor decision maker.

Gets a mountain of it - tick
Tackling - tick
Defensive running - tick
Decision making - tick
Hard ball gets - tick
Ridiculous goal at 6:45 in the third - tick
Has the moves like Jagga - tick

I'm going to keep going with this until everyone is on board. Except for Richmond, that is.

We desperately need this guy and I'd hate to see him at another club (unless it's Richmond, which we have no control over) because we did something dumb and split our pick, missing out on another Sheezel/Kerch.
Yeah, if we are taking a mid with our first and not splitting: Drapes, Jagga and Mreid. Any of these three would be great.

And here i was thinking this was a very good draft.
If we take any of them I'll back them in I just prefer taking others because of those reasons.
Smillie/Langford/M Reid/Draper/Smith to Lalor given his injuries.
Tauru/Travaglia vs Trainor. Berry/Hannaford to Hotton. Shanahan/J Whitlock/Gerreyn/Armstrong/Sims to Faull.

Trainor - concussions. Hotton - ACL. Lalor - Love him but injury prone. Faull - poor decision maker.

AmMPKmV.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back