Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All we've heard about is how even this draft is.

We've:
Coughed up our second and third rounders to bring in experience
Picked four blokes in the top four of the draft in the last two years

Surely the logical move given the above is to split. Ok so you're taking on more risk, but if it's as even as everyone is saying it is, we'll be a good shot at addressing some list needs with some solid talent. Supposedly, key forward territory stretches from just beneath the standout crop of four mids into the 20s. That's enticing imo
Couldn’t agree more, but the deal has to suit us. Whoever we pick at 2 could be an absolute game changer. Can never have enough of those types.

Does Twomey still have Langford at 2?
I think many creators have ranked Langford at the 6-7 spot as many people like Dylan Alexander had him in the top 5 but dropped him down. Would be interesting to not see Jagga range from 1-3 definitely Lalor would be probably 5th and I reckon we land FOS

I’m still of the opinion that he should be in the top 30. Defensively he is still the best one on one defender in this draft. Pretty solid athletic profile, competitive, good hands, and has high footy IQ. Intercepting is the flavour of the month, and while he is more than capable of strong marking I seen him more dour lockdown key defender at AFL levelwhich is probably why he had slipped a bit.

Thanks mate, I reckon he’d be a superb pick up. Just seems to know how to footy and do the defensive stuff well which makes me think he’d translate easily to AFL. Fingers crossed we have some moves to get a mid20s pick for him.

With the amount of mids available early in the draft l can see why Brady is interested in splitting Pick #2. However we cannot go lower than 6 for our first pick and the next pick shouldn't be lower than 20. This way we can get a good mid with the early pick and a KPF with the other if things goes our way. Maybe even offer up our F1st for 2 picks inside the top 15...

Giants look the likely option with #15 and #16 and their F2nd for our F1st...

then maybe use our pick #2 and deal with the Tigers for their Pick#6 and #18 giving us 4 picks in the first round 6,15,16,18...

Pravda Roo phantom, let me know what you think.

PickTeamNameHeightPositionClubComments
1RichmondWill Ashcroft179cmMidfielderSandringham DragonsLions elect not to match in an even draft
2North MelbourneJagga Smith181cmMidfielderOakleigh ChargersQuick mid just what we need
3CarltonLuke Trainor194cmKey DefenderSandringham DragonsBlues traded up to get ahead of Saints and Collingwood to pair with Lewis Young
4AdelaideJoe Berry180cmSmall ForwardMurray BushrangersRachele replacement in the forward line, will electrify Crow fans for years
5MelbourneFinn O'Sullivan182cmMidfielderOakleigh ChargersGun mid
6RichmondSid Draper180cmMidfielderSouth AdelaideA smoky who I think could go first round
7St KildaHarry Armstrong193cmKey ForwardSandringham DragonsBest key forward
8St KildaSam Lalor187cmMidfielder/General ForwardGWV RebelsRisky but a gun
9CollingwoodHarvey Langford190cmMidfielderDandenong StingraysHawks F/S eligible but elect to not match the bid
10RichmondJosh Smillie194cmMidfielderEastern Ranges
11RichmondKayle Gerreyn199cmKey Forward/RuckWest PerthRichmond get revenge on West Coast for Baker
12West CoastBo Allen191cmGeneral Defender/MidfielderPeel ThunderBest WA player left
13Port AdelaideJack Whitlock200cmKey ForwardMurray BushrangersA 'lock' to go to Port
14FremantleIsaac Kako175cmSmall ForwardCalder CannonsBolton replacement, Ess elects not to bid
15GWSJonty Faull195cmKey ForwardGWV RebelsWeird name which GWS loves
16GWSTom Gross181cmMidfelderOakleigh ChargersTimed out
17Western BulldogsAlex Dodson203cmRuckSturtBevo loves playing the talls
18RichmondTom Sims199cmKey ForwardNorthern KnightsTom Lynch replacement
19SydneyMurphy Reid180cmMidfielderSandringham DragonsParker replacement
20RichmondAlix Tauru191cmGeneral DefenderGippsland PowerNot yet sold on him but I haven't seen any of his TAC Cup footage
21GWSOliver Hannaford180cmMidfielderGWV Falcons
22SydneyTaj Hotton182cmMidfielder/General ForwardSandringham Dragons
23RichmondTobie Travaglia187cmGeneral DefenderBendigo Pioneers
24WC (match bid from Richmond)Malakai Champion172cmSmall ForwardSubiacoGood Bolton replacement if Eagles don't match but in this scenario they do
25GC (match bid from Richmond)Leo Lombard178cmMidfielderGC AcademySuns awake to the tactic and trade in a future 1st to make it happen
26RichmondXavier Lindsay183cmMidfielderGippsland PowerSounds a solid type

1RichmondWill Ashcroft179cmMidfielderSandringham DragonsLions elect not to match in an even draft
2North MelbourneJagga Smith181cmMidfielderOakleigh ChargersQuick mid just what we need
3CarltonLuke Trainor194cmKey DefenderSandringham DragonsBlues traded up to get ahead of Saints and Collingwood to pair with Lewis Young
4AdelaideJoe Berry180cmSmall ForwardMurray BushrangersRachele replacement in the forward line, will electrify Crow fans for years
6RichmondSid Draper180cmMidfielderSouth AdelaideA smoky who I think could go first round
9CollingwoodHarvey Langford190cmMidfielderDandenong StingraysHawks F/S eligible but elect to not match the bid
11RichmondKayle Gerreyn199cmKey Forward/RuckWest PerthRichmond get revenge on West Coast for Baker
12West CoastBo Allen191cmGeneral Defender/MidfielderPeel ThunderBest WA player left
13Port AdelaideJack Whitlock200cmKey ForwardMurray BushrangersA 'lock' to go to Port
14FremantleIsaac Kako175cmSmall ForwardCalder CannonsBolton replacement, Ess elects not to bid
20RichmondAlix Tauru191cmGeneral DefenderGippsland PowerNot yet sold on him but I haven't seen any of his TAC Cup footage
24WC (match bid from Richmond)Malakai Champion172cmSmall ForwardSubiacoGood Bolton replacement if Eagles don't match but in this scenario they do
25GC (match bid from Richmond)Leo Lombard178cmMidfielderGC AcademySuns awake to the tactic and trade in a future 1st to make it happen
trollollo.gif

Don’t know which is more impressive, Will Ashcroft winning the Norm Smith on the GF day or that he’s finally found a medical breakthrough in reverse-aging.

Personally hope we get Will Ashcroft with pick 2.

Love the Harvery Langford Father son too.

how does kako go to freo when he's tied to ess?

Delusion on the Tuggers Draft thread is at an all time high. Believing they can get pick 2 and our future 1st for 11,18,23.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
Tyler Perry Good Luck GIF by Nickelodeon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Isn't Harvey Langford our F/S via Boomer?

Should change your username to Chairman (Zia) of the Draft Board

It's not even called TAC Cup anymore 🙄🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back