Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok keep pick 2. I don't want to trade 2 or 3 picks for pick 2 anyway.
I think you want to trade it because you could probably get Tauru at pick 6 to 10, so you don't want to use pick 2 on him.
I'd be happy to take 7 picks and trade pick 23 for a future pick.
Good, grab your save our skins tin, your squeegee and **** off back down Victoria st.

Clubs didn't reach for Walter, Darcy, or JUH because they didn't have to pay full whack with a top 3 pick. Also, they were not bottom of the ladder teams having to make precious use of a top end pick to rebuild a weak list. It's really not reaching when you are a team in contention that gets to use a bunch of third round picks (with 20% discount) to match a top 3 bid.

Nothing to do with the discussion. Regardless of what you’re saying you shouldn’t reach for talls.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Feels like we’ll trade the F1 more than 2, reckon one of that FOS/Draper/Lalor trio is the cherry on top of our midfield and we were active in shopping it during trade week. We don’t have many list spots so it needs to be a good pick but I can see Richmond seeing as much value spreading this rebuild over two drafts and that F1 will be a nice addition to the likely pick 1 in 2025. Maybe seek 10/11 if Tauru is still on the board and if we can get something in the late teens to twenties with it even better. Add Tauru and a high rated KPP to one of those top mids and it’s another great draft for us. I think it’s the sort of thing that might be done on the night though. We can still be very active in next years window with free agency and future trades.

You're confirming my point........clubs DO reach for whoever is considered the #1 key forward in any draft. Rarely if ever do they end up being the best player in the draft, BUT they don't grow on trees, and if you want the best key forward you typically have to pay up.

It rarely happens and when it does, it generally backfires. No chance it happens in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feels like we’ll trade the F1 more than 2, reckon one of that FOS/Draper/Lalor trio is the cherry on top of our midfield and we were active in shopping it during trade week. We don’t have many list spots so it needs to be a good pick but I can see Richmond seeing as much value spreading this rebuild over two drafts and that F1 will be a nice addition to the likely pick 1 in 2025. Maybe seek 10/11 if Tauru is still on the board and if we can get something in the late teens to twenties with it even better. Add Tauru and a high rated KPP to one of those top mids and it’s another great draft for us. I think it’s the sort of thing that might be done on the night though. We can still be very active in next years window with free agency and future trades.
I think you could be on to something…

I did say that picks swapping will be when we are on the clock. Should be an interesting watch to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back