Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical - say Ldu goes and Will gets delisted or traded (he is on a one year extension) we’re down two mids with development.

Plus injury clouds over our other captain in terms on weekly inclusions.

Are you sure we can take the risk letting a Draper, Lalor, fos go?

We have Wardlaw, Sheezel, McKercher, Powell + assistance from Parker. Do we all feel confident with that?

We will get a top 4 pick as compensation for LDU to pick another mid. If we finish outside the bottom 4, he wont leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah it’s just more so looking at things we can’t control.
Like opps coming after LDU or Tassie and McKercher, kinda putting systems in place incase it does turn south. Because, with just a few names mentioned there - that ‘elite young midfield group’ that keeps getting mention in the rounds, can quickly change.

There also comes a time when we invest so much in one area, that we need to address other areas. We need to back in our culture to retain players and development to get it right.

I would press LDU for an answer. Tell us so we can have a contingency plan if you leave.
Thats not going to happen so a contingency plan is something North will take into anyway. However l would let LDU have until the round after the BYE next year to give us an answer stating how much it cost us with Zuurhar holding of on his decision. l think that unlike Zuurhar , LDU will tell us sooner than later...

Thats not going to happen so a contingency plan is something North will take into anyway. However l would let LDU have until the round after the BYE next year to give us an answer stating how much it cost us with Zuurhar holding of on his decision. l think that unlike Zuurhar , LDU will tell us sooner than later...

You’re not pressing LDU for his answer; it’ll be his manager. His manager will tell him to park any discussion until at least the bye round.

Opportune time to review, assess and take stock of where NMFC are at and then start negotiations. At the same time his manager will be informally feeling out competing clubs in anticipation of negotiating with NMFC.

I would be (pleasantly) shocked if LDU committed before then. I reckon it’ll run to the wire (rounds 20- end of season) if he’s going to stay. We finished this year like a used condom, if the same happens in 2025 he’s gone. He wants to be happy & to win. Atm we’re fulfilling barely 50%.

Love how Nostra thumbs down any positive talk about River, every single time. The kid is the son of one of our all time greats and he actually has quite a bit of talent. Yes he's slight of frame but actively barracking for him to not make the list in any frame despite an abundance of absolute dross on the list is hard to fathom. Hope he gets a go even if as a rookie pick.

Love how Nostra thumbs down any positive talk about River, every single time. The kid is the son of one of our all time greats and he actually has quite a bit of talent. Yes he's slight of frame but actively barracking for him to not make the list in any frame despite an abundance of absolute dross on the list is hard to fathom. Hope he gets a go even if as a rookie pick.
He also has better foot skills than most on our list and plays a position we are short of. It would be very odd to pass on him.

Turner down Darby Scott who went undrafted

Likewise lachie fairley

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021)
Jai Makepeace (2021/22)
Thomas Longmire (2021/22)

Dylan Makepeace (2022)
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023)
Lucas Rocca (2023)
Billy Longmire (2023)

We turn down heaps of them, or they are not remotely at the level. or their fathers are further removed from the club.

Perfectly said.

LDU not committing has thrown a spanner in the works regarding draft strategy.

As a safety net I have no issues picking Lalor, FOS, Smith, Smile at 2.

Happy to trade future 1st for a pick or two in this year's draft. There will be options for a tall going well into the 20s of this years draft.

Worst case scenario is LDU leaves as a free agent and we get back a top 4 pick as compensation next year.

Best case he stays and our midfield is set for the next 10 years.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk

A bit drastic to say LDU not signing has thrown a ‘spanner in the works.’ He hasn’t even entered the final year of his contract.

He is well within his right to do exactly what Zurharr did. I don’t begrudge him for doing it to be honest.

I operate differently. You’re in or you’re out, you’re on the bus or you’re off it. If you’re going to **** us, let us know and we’ll draft a new mid with pick 2. Nows the time Luke, dont be a campaigner

Hypothetical - say Ldu goes and Will gets delisted or traded (he is on a one year extension) we’re down two mids with development.

Plus injury clouds over our other captain in terms on weekly inclusions.

Are you sure we can take the risk letting a Draper, Lalor, fos go?

We have Wardlaw, Sheezel, McKercher, Powell + assistance from Parker. Do we all feel confident with that?
We will need more midfielders, but they don't have to come from the top of the draft. We need more role players and depth in the middle. It's time that we finally used our top picks to balance the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I operate differently. You’re in or you’re out, you’re on the bus or you’re off it. If you’re going to **** us, let us know and we’ll draft a new mid with pick 2. Nows the time Luke, dont be a campaigner

He is on the bus until the end of his contract. He wants to see how the bus driver drives before staying on. In recent times the driver seems to have been heavily intoxicated. Hopefully he can sober up.

Actually hadn't noticed this

Had a few good posts in the trade discussions working off the broken clock theory. Still remember his “Wardlaw is no good but at least he tries “ post so I wouldn’t pay too much attention.

Had a few good posts in the trade discussions working off the broken clock theory. Still remember his “Wardlaw is no good but at least he tries “ post so I wouldn’t pay too much attention.
Oh My God Reaction GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

He’s too small dude. I know that he shouldn’t be under estimated but Boomer debut makes this kid look tiny.
Kinda handy being small if you're a small forward. We just traded in an all Australian that's a couple of inches smaller than River. Wizard Watson goes ok and he's even smaller. I'm not saying that he'll make it, I just can't stand the parochial nature of not wanting us to get him and at the same time hanging it on Brady for not cat b'ing another Eric Wallace or Red Og (rip). It just doesn't make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back