Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

6+10 and 11 for 2 and our F1 is a good deal for both clubs, but going by the bleating Tiger media narrative, and the Tigers supporters, there’s little chance of that happening.
It’s the move we should be holding firm to, but Tiger media will rant on with “North offered its F1 for GC 13 and were knocked back, no way that deal is worth it. This draft is so deep(ie even), Richmond would be crazy to do that deal”
I actually think it’ll be 6+10 and 18 for 2 and F1……which doesn’t sit great with me. But the 10 is worth a lot more to us than just the one spot over 11.
Personally, if that's the best offer out there, I'd be holding 2 and our F1.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

6+10 and 11 for 2 and our F1 is a good deal for both clubs, but going by the bleating Tiger media narrative, and the Tigers supporters, there’s little chance of that happening.
It’s the move we should be holding firm to, but Tiger media will rant on with “North offered its F1 for GC 13 and were knocked back, no way that deal is worth it. This draft is so deep(ie even), Richmond would be crazy to do that deal”
I actually think it’ll be 6+10 and 18 for 2 and F1……which doesn’t sit great with me. But the 10 is worth a lot more to us than just the one spot over 11.
I don't see why we would use our F1 this year. We will need it next year and we don't have enough free list spots to make it worthwhile.

Fair. I’m just factoring in that next year will be affected by GC kids and a weaker draft.

But I’m only demonstrating there are far better scenarios than the ridiculous one put forward in the Sun. I don’t even know how that passes the Edit desk.
How the F is next year a weaker draft? I think this draft is weak.

I don't see why we would use our F1 this year. We will need it next year and we don't have enough free list spots to make it worthwhile.
As the saying goes "It better the devil you know than the devil you dont know"...We know where are this year but next year is an uncertainty. no doubt it will be an early pick but as we cant be sure where it will lie and there are some good players this year l think its best to trade F1st out and get another player....

In regards to spots: we can alway delist more players by paying out their contracts.

Regardless of whether we want to do that deal, I just don't think Richmond is all that eager to give up 3 of their early first round picks this year so it's a hypothetical that no-one really likes. 2 for 6 and 11 makes sense because they still end up with 1, 2, and 10. As soon as F1 comes into it, all proposed deals look unlikely.

If we are happy to trade pick 2 for 6 it means we are confident that who we want at 6 will still be there. Which means we are not after a mid as Smillie, Smith, Lalor, Reid, FOs and Langford are all likely to be gone by the time 6 comes around.
You're forgetting Draper and you've listed 6 names. That means mathematically speaking, at least 2 of your 6 will be there when pick 6 comes around.

Regardless of whether we want to do that deal, I just don't think Richmond is all that eager to give up 3 of their early first round picks this year so it's a hypothetical that no-one really likes. 2 for 6 and 11 makes sense because they still end up with 1, 2, and 10. As soon as F1 comes into it, all proposed deals look unlikely.
2 for 6/11 is the only deal. The rest is all moot

If F1 and 2 are being packaged together then:

at minimum North would want a top 5 pick (Tauru) and two other firsts (top 15); and North have three players in mind that they are after (probably a KPF, a sliding classy mid and a small to round round out the speculative group of Payne, RHJ, Harvey and Konnie).

We currently don’t have the list spots to facilitate these trades however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what has happened in trade week to make some tigers fans think you’d take 6,10 for 2 and your F1. ****ing insane. Won’t happen.

More likely 6,10,11 for 2 and F1.

On points it’s like 4000 in (after academy) for 4200 out.

I think that’s a better deal for both. The mooted Herald Sun deal won’t happen.

If the Tigers LM dont like it then I’d tell them to get ****ed if I was North. Someone will come for that pick. Be patient.
Now that is a sensible post, the Herald Sun deal is quite funny to be honest.:thumbsu:

If we are happy to trade pick 2 for 6 it means we are confident that who we want at 6 will still be there. Which means we are not after a mid as Smillie, Smith, Lalor, Reid, FOs and Langford are all likely to be gone by the time 6 comes around.
That would seem to be the reason, which is why the two players I keep mentioning are going to be around that pick, some of the other key position players won't be around that pick #6 mark but at the moment its a moot point until we see what picks we end up with and even then they might swap during the draft.

The fact that we don’t have the list spots to trade our F1 just shows how out of the touch the media really is.

Probably more reliable to just ask my psychic on Sydney road who we’ll draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back