• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What are people’s thoughts on the Whitlocks?
Very hard read. They both show enough that could be top quality. Both are big boys, while being bean poles. Could easily be “just players” at the next level. In short not bankable so I prefer others, particularly forward.

I rate Matt a safer conveyance than Jack, with my preference being for him as a defender. He is one I have in the mix for a viable key position option. Being capable at both ends is a bonus.

I have watched the championships games, academy games and highlight reels only, not a big CTL watcher. Recruiters should have a better read on the more complete package of the talls.

I do weight my judgements somewhat relevant to what I believe our needs are. I tend to “watch” players closer if I see some potential relevance.

General query, or have you heard something?

Very hard read. They both show enough that could be top quality. Both are big boys, while being bean poles. Could easily be “just players” at the next level. In short not bankable so I prefer others, particularly forward.

I rate Matt a safer conveyance than Jack, with my preference being for him as a defender. He is one I have in the mix for a viable key position option. Being capable at both ends is a bonus.

I have watched the championships games, academy games and highlight reels only, not a big CTL watcher. Recruiters should have a better read on the more complete package of the talls.

General query, or have you heard something?
Thanks for this.

Just a general query - as I was wondering how they stacked up against the McKays, Kings etc

Why not much love for Lalor? Twomey has him around our pick and without ever seeing him play, his write ups read a bit like a Toby Greene type.

I think Twomey has him at 8 currently.

Seems a really deep draft without any real standouts. Top pick is still up for debate. Could be an excellent opportunity to get some early picks. Austin needs to nail these picks. Could trading next years first to get into this draft be an option?

Seems a really deep draft without any real standouts. Top pick is still up for debate. Could be an excellent opportunity to get some early picks. Austin needs to nail these picks. Could trading next years first to get into this draft be an option?

I think every list manager knows how good an opportunity this draft is. I don't think moving into the first round will be cheap this year.

Brisbanes 1st pick might be up for grabs, they night want to trade it on draft night as it will be swallowed up with the Ashcroft bid.

Our current 2nd is 28 but that runs the risk of being swallowed by a Campo bid, if we were able to get a pick 30 odd if we traded Owies, that together with our 2nd covers the points for the Lions 1st rounder (just), we would then obviously need to add some more for it to be worth it.

It’s a good way to guarantee, well increase the chances of getting two picks in before any father son bids, there will be other clubs in Brisbanes situation too.

Shanahan with another 6 today. He's coming with a bullet, will not be surprised if he's top 10 on draft night.

Would be the KPP I'd be picking for us if I had to choose. Armstrong a more natural forward but Shanahan's athleticism is off the charts.
Yet he wasn't listed amongst the best for all his efforts whereas both Whitlocks were for the winning side. I wonder how that works? Cody Walker got a mention for the Pioneers, out of interest.

Last edited:
Yet he wasn't listed amongst the best for all his efforts whereas both Whitlocks were for the winning side. I wonder how that works? Cody Walker got a mention for the Pioneers, out of interest.
Not too sure, but I'd have him and Faull ahead of the Whitlocks. They just don't convince me for some reason, not sure why.

Shanahan with another 6 today. He's coming with a bullet, will not be surprised if he's top 10 on draft night.

Would be the KPP I'd be picking for us if I had to choose. Armstrong a more natural forward but Shanahan's athleticism is off the charts.
Now you are talking, but I doubt we will get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone seen much of this kid?

121458edf687bc9cde243e06e8f73750.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely means no JBerry 😭😭😭
Yeah looks that way. I have thought for a while it would be unlike both Carlton as a club and Vossy as a coach to spend our first pick on a “small forward”. We have not been good at embracing the modern game requirements.

We absolutely need a young KPP, ideally defender. With the Campos this draft as well as Cooper Lord already on the books, we should be happy at that, pending Cody Walker in a couple of years when it comes to mids.

Hoping we can shake Aleer loose for a future first, rather than give up this year’s first. Maybe if we do our 2024 first we get a second back giving us scope for Dattoli and a key.

There will be some nice key forward prospects around our “natural” first, more forwards than defenders. Should be a couple of KPD’s second and third rounds.

Probably still have a need for some speed as well, but can’t do everything.

Maybe a Travaglia, Dattoli combination with our first two picks, should we have them?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'll be pretty upset if we pass on Berry if he's available at our pick, to be honest I think it would be a catastrophic mistake but theres a lot to play out with the trade names we've been linked to etc too. Hard to say whats going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back