• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone concerned about Travaglia's terrible 20m sprint time at the combine. 3.186 is much worse than I thought it would be. He seems to carry speed around the ground okay, but I don't know, its put me off him a bit.
Not really for me, he's more of a strider than a sprinter. Always on the move and ready to repeat sprint up and down the ground with his long strides. His 2km time trial is more indicative of his strengths imo.

He's also built like a bean pole so I can't imagine his speed from a stationary position would be too great at this stage.

Can't remember what Will Day and Jack Crisp tested at the combines on the 20m and 2km but those are the players I see in him. Crisp a bit neater with his disposal but has also been in the system for far far longer to tefine that.

Not really for me, he's more of a strider than a sprinter. Always on the move and ready to repeat sprint up and down the ground with his long strides. His 2km time trial is more indicative of his strengths imo.

He's also built like a bean pole so I can't imagine his speed from a stationary position would be too great at this stage.

Can't remember what Will Day and Jack Crisp tested at the combines on the 20m and 2km but those are the players I see in him. Crisp a bit neater with his disposal but has also been in the system for far far longer to tefine that.

Will Day was sub 3 sec. https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/will-day/

Couldn't find anything for Crisp, but that's a pretty difference between Trav and Day.

Indeed it is. Thanks for finding that

To me both look very similar athletically, surprised their would be such a difference.

Maybe just a bad day for Travaglia (although I am pretty sure they get a couple of cracks at each test, and only the best time is recorded). It is pretty hard to find historic combine results for players who didn't make the top ten in each test. But here is a pretty nice resource that the crows board maintains.

It puts him in the company of Matt Crouch, Ben Keays, and Harry Schoenberg....

I really can't imagine that he can't go any quicker than that.

Maybe just a bad day for Travaglia (although I am pretty sure they get a couple of cracks at each test, and only the best time is recorded). It is pretty hard to find historic combine results for players who didn't make the top ten in each test. But here is a pretty nice resource that the crows board maintains.

It puts him in the company of Matt Crouch, Ben Keays, and Harry Schoenberg....

I really can't imagine that he can't go any quicker than that.
Did his shoes have grip on the day??? Matt Crouch... far out thats bad company. Bizarre given the run and dash thats synonymous with his game

Anyone concerned about Travaglia's terrible 20m sprint time at the combine. 3.186 is much worse than I thought it would be. He seems to carry speed around the ground okay, but I don't know, its put me off him a bit.
Listened to a recent interview where he quoted his speed as his greatest strength…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back