• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading Call Twomey rankings, Tom Gross or Jesse Dattoli appear to be our best chance of getting the hard working Dylan Moore type.

Hannaford might be worth trading up our 2nd pick for.

Reading Call Twomey rankings, Tom Gross or Jesse Dattoli appear to be our best chance of getting the hard working Dylan Moore type.

Hannaford might be worth trading up our 2nd pick for.
I really hope our list teams past the hard working types. This teams crying out for some class and x factor.

Hard working battlers are just going to languish in the VFL behind our other hard working battlers.

I guess it is but our speed need is probably more to do with running the other way when we don't have the ball? Which is potentially as much a mindset as a physical trait?
Both enjoy a chase down tackle as much as anyone in the draft, defensive intent is always lacking though given the way the pathways system is set up.

You get drafted on your ability to damage and clubs back in their ability to get you to learn to defend.

I really hope our list teams past the hard working types. This teams crying out for some class and x factor.

Hard working battlers are just going to languish in the VFL behind our other hard working battlers.
We need small forward who are in the game, that if they are not kicking goals they are tackling, pressuring, spreading to open space. We don’t want another Owies or Motlop who bob up with moments but are largely irrelevant for the other 90 minutes of the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we bundle 1st & F1 to get into top 5 or so?
I definitely wouldn’t.

I would however be open to trading pick 11 back if we also traded pick 31 or whatever it is in the 2nd round to get 16 and 22 or so. Also trade our F1 and get Brisbanes pick 15 also.

15, 16 and 22 would be a great haul and we could get Hotton, Lindsay and maybe Trainor/Matt Whitlock.

If the draft goes the way I think, then we will land in the perfect place for Berry. Had we been even one or two picks later I think there would be a strong chance someone else would take him. However, if someone does reach for him ahead of us, then I think we could be very well placed to trade down. Given the even nature of the top crop, some team's rankings will be wildly different then others. Berry being picked ahead of us squeezes someone else out, someone who could be ranked in another teams top 3 or 5.

These are my rankings of who I think is likely to be gone by our pick/involved in top 10 discussions from now until the draft (excluding academy, F/S, since they aren't eligible to be drafted in the open pool so are largely irrelevant for this discussion.)

Surely gone
Jagga
FOS
Lalor

Likely gone
Langford
Armstrong
Draper
Smillie
Reid

Possibily available
Travaglia
Tauru
Trainor

Probably available
Lindsay
Berry
Shanahan
Bo Allen (unless Freo keep their pick)

That makes 11 players that I think will be gone before our pick who I think list managers could rate really highly. In a scenario where Berry, Lindsay, Travaglia are taken before our pick, some serious players will slide. That isn't even mentioning unexpected bolters. Obviously, if the player we want is there we should pick him but most of the players in the "likely gone" section I wouldn't even want to draft since its the wrong type for us. If our list management team agree, then we could get serious value from a team wanting to draft a Smillie, Reid, or Armstrong who has slipped a little.

That would allow us to get two really quality picks in before the Campo twins.

I definitely wouldn’t.

I would however be open to trading pick 11 back if we also traded pick 31 or whatever it is in the 2nd round to get 16 and 22 or so. Also trade our F1 and get Brisbanes pick 15 also.

15, 16 and 22 would be a great haul and we could get Hotton, Lindsay and maybe Trainor/Matt Whitlock.
Tbh id let the dust settle and see what picks we get for players, then go after brisbanes pick 15 or whatever it ends up being before floating our F1

If the draft goes the way I think, then we will land in the perfect place for Berry. Had we been even one or two picks later I think there would be a strong chance someone else would take him. However, if someone does reach for him ahead of us, then I think we could be very well placed to trade down. Given the even nature of the top crop, some team's rankings will be wildly different then others. Berry being picked ahead of us squeezes someone else out, someone who could be ranked in another teams top 3 or 5.

These are my rankings of who I think is likely to be gone by our pick/involved in top 10 discussions from now until the draft (excluding academy, F/S, since they aren't eligible to be drafted in the open pool so are largely irrelevant for this discussion.)

Surely gone
Jagga
FOS
Lalor

Likely gone
Langford
Armstrong
Draper
Smillie
Reid

Possibily available
Travaglia
Tauru
Trainor

Probably available
Lindsay
Berry
Shanahan
Bo Allen (unless Freo keep their pick)

That makes 11 players that I think will be gone before our pick who I think list managers could rate really highly. In a scenario where Berry, Lindsay, Travaglia are taken before our pick, some serious players will slide. That isn't even mentioning unexpected bolters. Obviously, if the player we want is there we should pick him but most of the players in the "likely gone" section I wouldn't even want to draft since its the wrong type for us. If our list management team agree, then we could get serious value from a team wanting to draft a Smillie, Reid, or Armstrong who has slipped a little.

That would allow us to get two really quality picks in before the Campo twins.

Think the WCE’s want to split their pick & drop down the order with multiple picks (+ Barrass capital), with an eye on Bo Allan.

Sid Draper or Joe Berry in terms of run and carry which is what I assume u mean.

Reid is treacle paced but is Pendlebury like in terms of decision making and speed of disposal
I would love to see Reid's 20m and top end speed results.
He does not play treacle paced from what I've witnessed.

Draper would be lovely in navy blue, I just struggle to see a world where he drifts as far as Twomey is stating. I also struggle to understand how Lombard is drifting that far as well. Then again, Green getting bid on so late was terrible at the time and Daicos not being pick one was stupid.

100%

I believe we got the most out of those types last year - Fogarty, Cotters, Cincotta, Owies etc

We got close with the blue collar approach, just need a little more class.

I am going to have egg on my face, but Allan just does not scream pick me.

His location may be the prevailing motion for pick me.
See if the WCE’s follow through with their recent WA slant, or their new LM sees things a little different (previously had no objection in recruiting best available from wherever, as do the Dockheads).

Collingwood are all over Bo Allan FWIW.

Have told his folks that they will take him, however not sure if that means they think he’ll make it to their first pick now (unlikely) or if they’ll trade back into draft via John Noble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back