• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our 2nd rounder which is currently 31 will likely end up being in the high 30s after compo picks and matched bids. Every chance we'd have to use it on one of the Campo boys in that case.
Ideally, would like to see us try and move that pick into the 20s so we get 2 cracks at this deep draft before taking the twins.

Although I’m always on board with getting a dynamic half forward that plays through the midfield I’m not sure this small ball trend is entirely true.
Top four this weekend
Geelong: Cameron, Neale, Henry
Brisbane: Daniher, Hipwood, Morris
Port: Dixon, Ratugolea, Georgiadis
Sydney: McDonald, Amarty, McLean
All playing tall backlines as well.
As always in finals dominating control of the ball, dominating the turnover game, pressure and withstanding pressure and good ball use are what wins.

Although I’m always on board with getting a dynamic half forward that plays through the midfield I’m not sure this small ball trend is entirely true.
Top four this weekend
As always in finals dominating control of the ball, dominating the turnover game, pressure and withstanding pressure and good ball use are what wins.

Similar was said after 2016, 17 flags, small ball isn't a trend either

Most sides will still go into games with 2 KPFs and a 3rd tall/leaper as a minimum

Top four this weekend

What’s the small ball trend? Even Hawthorn are playing Chol and Dear with Lewis missing from the side this season. Although lots of the guys you mentioned are tall, lots of them aren’t who their teams rely on to get them over the line.

All i think of when I’ve heard this small ball phrase is teams who move the ball quick and take the game on, if we were to do this, then the fact we have two great key forwards, would be a huge advantage.

The way we play doesnt maximise Harry and Charlies skills

Also Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney, Hawthorn and Port have ripping half forwards/small forwards, something we dont.

What’s the small ball trend? Even Hawthorn are playing Chol and Dear with Lewis missing from the side this season. Although lots of the guys you mentioned are tall, lots of them aren’t who their teams rely on to get them over the line.

All i think of when I’ve heard this small ball phrase is teams who move the ball quick and take the game on, if we were to do this, then the fact we have two great key forwards, would be a huge advantage.

The way we play doesnt maximise Harry and Charlies skills

Also Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney, Hawthorn and Port have ripping half forwards/small forwards, something we dont.
Small ball trend refers to teams choosing to make their small forwards genuine targets inside 50 and playing through them rather than just going to KPF's every entry.

Half forwards are becoming primary ball movers and midfield options and generally just being more and more involved in the game.

Our smalls outside of Fog play far more like olden day forward pockets who basically do nothing up the ground and just try to crumb at the feet of the talls without really providing anything to the team in terms of leads inside 50, ball movement, midfield minutes etc. Probably part of the reason why we just bomb it to H and Charles non stop.

Small ball trend refers to teams choosing to make their small forwards genuine targets inside 50 and playing through them rather than just going to KPF's every entry.

Half forwards are becoming primary ball movers and midfield options and generally just being more and more involved in the game.

Our smalls outside of Fog play far more like olden day forward pockets who basically do nothing up the ground and just try to crumb at the feet of the talls without really providing anything to the team in terms of leads inside 50, ball movement, midfield minutes etc. Probably part of the reason why we just bomb it to H and Charles non stop.

Playing through a small forward makes me think of Berry. One thing that surprised me about him was his leading and marking. When leading at the ball carrier he has surprisingly good hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring him to me
You going to supervise his knee rehab mate?

Kids a gun topped my list for a while, although went a bit quiet for a few games (can’t have been too quiet winning the medal). No problem with Walshy’s crush either. Crazy that it would have been a dream to grab Trainor a couple of months ago, yet now he is sliding, won’t touch given the concussion issue.

Clancy Dennis or Harry O’Farrell with another second or third rounder for mine.

If we are allowing Young to shop himself around, have to have a KPD “on the hook” either a kid, as above, and/or mature option. With a pick needed to upgrade your mate Boyd, it is almost impossible to see trades outside of Haynes. We don’t have the spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back