Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am expecting a late career resurgence from Breust. Not as though he hasn't been great of late, even in an under-performing team, but I'm expecting him to thrive in a more functional forward line.

One of the things we saw come back to Punky late this season was his deep I50 marking game. It was at its peak in 2018 when it felt like he was plucking them for fun, but it dwindled with the function of our F50 - he was forced to rely mostly on goals from general play / free kicks until this season.

With a full season from Lewis, structural improvements from Chol and Gunners, he'll be back playing against the type of defenders he can dominate physically. If all goes well for us I don't think a 50 goal season is outside the bounds of imagination.

Ethan Phillips to train with HFC over summer after signing with Box Hill, chance for SSP.

CHB from Port Melb who won VFL most promising medal 2022.

Where did you find this info?

I hope it's true, because I suggested this about 6 weeks ago. I'm always tickled when my list management suggestions come to fruition.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe and Day both hit 50 games in 2023 and they're now very strong players that the opposition have to plan for.

We've got CJ, Ginnivan, Reeves, Maginess, Ward, CMac, DGB and Meek that are within a season's reach of 50 games. So we'll hopefully see a lot of improvement in this group in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back