Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I used 10 trades last year on rucks and this year starting Gawndy hopefully set and forget. Plus the extra 4 trades this year means I could have an extra 14 trades up from last year. I don't think burning 1 trade to trade Heeney (Premo) before his 1st bye to Touk (Super Premo) who will have already had his 1st bye is such a bad move.
You'll get away with it as long as you're not coping injuries. Last season was brutal, but with a good run we can spare a couple of trades for sideways moves imo.

Probably more benefit doing it in the mid season byes though, an extra premo then can be huge when a lot of teams will struggle for 18 warm bodies.

Okay someone talk me off the ledge, what needs fixing here. I just have this feeling about Gryan. Had the same feeling about Noah Anderson last year and that worked out.

Capture.PNG

These 40 trades are messing with people's heads.

Come the business end of the season trades in the bank are gold.
I think it's actually the opposite, I don't think most teams have adjusted enough to them.

In AFL Fantasy they only have 50 trades total. So we are now at the point where SuperCoach is very similar to Fantasy from a trade perspective.

Okay someone talk me off the ledge, what needs fixing here. I just have this feeling about Gryan. Had the same feeling about Noah Anderson last year and that worked out.

View attachment 1925089
Is Miers a personal fav?

Think he's a very very speculative pick at best

View attachment 1925089

Well - Anderson started last year priced at about 100 and finished on 105 - a small win but hardly breakout

Where do you expect Miers to get extra points from - is he getting mid time? extra goals? at a similar price you could have Crouch, Wines or Yeo with proven upside or even Holmes

S Darcy is very unlikely, Wehr was :poo:, Moir didn't even play R0, Mannagh good chance to be sub if he is named

You don't have H Reid or Sexton or Lazzaro or Clark who should all be decent cash cows

Peace Out Fml GIF by Travis

I think it's actually the opposite, I don't think most teams have adjusted enough to them.

In AFL Fantasy they only have 50 trades total. So we are now at the point where SuperCoach is very similar to Fantasy from a trade perspective.
Think what makes sense, thinking about it, is using 2 of the additional trades for early bye switches and having 2 more to use to switch horses and get on blokes with the hot hand on the run home.
Think using all 4 for rounds 2-5 is potentially overegging it, but I suppose if a cash generator or two rises very fast, maybe people can squeeze in a premo upgrade in round 5.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated...

N Daicos H Sheezel N Wanganeen Milera

H Young C Salem E Yeo

T Pink N Coffield

M Bontempelli C Serong M Rowell

O Wines Ĝ Wardlaw S Berry

R Sanders H Hustwaite

J Clark M Carroll S Mannagh

T English B Grundy S Naismith

Z Fisher E Tsatas N Fyfe

H Reid A Sexton F Macrae

D Wilson B Nyuon

Cheers

View attachment 1925089
If you believe in the pick, back yourself in, I've usually ended up stranding myself on an island and copping all the downside of those picks alone.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated...

N Daicos H Sheezel N Wanganeen Milera

H Young C Salem E Yeo

T Pink N Coffield

M Bontempelli C Serong M Rowell

O Wines Ĝ Wardlaw S Berry

R Sanders H Hustwaite

J Clark M Carroll S Mannagh

T English B Grundy S Naismith

Z Fisher E Tsatas N Fyfe

H Reid A Sexton F Macrae

D Wilson B Nyuon

Cheers
Probably B Howes over Pink
Don't mind NWM, see the angle 100%.
Rowell raunchy as, particularly if he even just takes a couple more marks a game on the spread.
Rate Wardlaw but too much risk for me.
Berry upside obvious but not sure on the JS, scour the Crows' board before you commit.
Carroll good, but reckon Mannagh right on fringe (not because he can't play, just where he is in the pecking order).
Tsatas not sure, apparently his DE has been atrocious and he's no sure thing.
F Mac reckon iffy as (sadly).
B Nyuon looked great, get on-board if named.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used 10 trades last year on rucks and this year starting Gawndy hopefully set and forget. Plus the extra 4 trades this year means I could have an extra 14 trades up from last year. I don't think burning 1 trade to trade Heeney (Premo) before his 1st bye to Touk (Super Premo) who will have already had his 1st bye is such a bad move.
1710131108521.gif

Probably B Howes over Pink
Don't mind NWM, see the angle 100%.
Rowell raunchy as, particularly if he even just takes a couple more marks a game on the spread.
Rate Wardlaw but too much risk for me.
Berry upside obvious but not sure on the JS, scour the Crows' board before you commit.
Carroll good, but reckon Mannagh right on fringe (not because he can't play, just where he is in the pecking order).
Tsatas not sure, apparently his DE has been atrocious and he's no sure thing.
F Mac reckon iffy as (sadly).
B Nyuon looked great, get on-board if named.

Cheers mate.

Definitely recognise that Berry and Wardlaw are my most speculative picks.

Most Crows fans seem to have Berry in the 22, albeit last on the bench.

I just think that priced at under 50 after averaging over 80 the year before, with a little natural progression, is hard to pass up.

George has only played 8 games but he's a first string mid for a team I expect to improve. I just reckon an Olipig, Macrae type 2nd year breakout is in the goat entrails here.

I like to have 1 or 2 kents that have the capacity to be at the top of the scoring table and no other kent owns.

Thanks for your input mate

What I will say is ....don't follow the podcasters teams

In the rush for content & fame ....most of these guys have abandoned their philosophies of previous years ....and are chopping & changing their teams along with one game results, like the rest of us mugs

The teams they reveal, IMO, are dummy teams for the public ...and rarely what they end up running

Used to enjoy them .....now I find myself frustrated with the hypocrisy of their statements & turning off mid session
Yeah, I wish there were more SuperCoach podcasts that were as high quality as yours, Wayne.

Yeah, I wish there were more SuperCoach podcasts that were as high quality as yours, Wayne.
Ours was definitely not the benchmark .....more the bar for the limbo

I still believe PODPOD is one of the benchmarks, and although AFL Fantasy related, their views are normally spot on and relatable to SC .....they're also consistent top 100 players

I'm watching Janath's SC Team review ....and this guy, with a statistical background, also talks a truckload of sense .....and he's not chasing youtube likes

Last edited:
I have one spot to fill.
Do I take Luke Jackson or Sam Flanders?

Thoughts on my current team brainstrust?

Attachments

• IMG_5892.png
    IMG_5892.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5893.jpeg
    IMG_5893.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 67

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back