Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:
Sure, or it might be managed given his injury history. I guess we'll see if he plays VFL and if he does how many minutes he plays

I just don't see how you play returning from injury, then get rested without an injury. He's either got a niggle or not up to playing, but nobody wants the Cerra or Martin kind of blowback, or he's dropped because he wasn't good last week.

I just don't see how you play returning from injury, then get rested without an injury. He's either got a niggle or not up to playing, but nobody wants the Cerra or Martin kind of blowback, or he's dropped because he wasn't good last week.

Most likely omitted, similar to how we handled Ollie

It's ridiculous. Nobody is managed after one game back. He's either in need of a fitness block, injured or dropped.

If Durdin is named as omitted, surely Marchbank is a big enough boy to cop the same label. If he's injured, say so.

If he's just unfit, the proof will be in the VFL side. No substitute for match fitness.

lmao this is Marchbank we're talking about here... if anybody needs to be managed after one game it's him.

Williams might surprise up front- Fantasia needs to. Happy to see Cowan and Kemp both creep up the favouritism ladder - need to get continuity and games into them.

oh and wb Saady and Fog.
If Williams can bring some defensive pressure to the forward line as well kick a goal or two, he could cement a forward position.

If Williams can bring some defensive pressure to the forward line as well kick a goal or two, he could cement a forward position.

He should be up for the challenge/opportunity - no reason he cant kick goals and make tackles.

Most likely omitted, similar to how we handled Ollie

Agreed. Just wish we'd say that. Durdin, Cowan, Kemp and company get omitted. Everyone knows it. There's this weird thing with Marchy where it seems the club consider him automatically a best 22 player and we need to play ducks and drakes with his selection or non-selection when he's not playing well.

So much faith in a 62 game player who has been in the system for 10 years.

So outside Jsos/Doc we’re now missing:

Pitto
Martin
Cerra
Cottrel
Motlop

Not considering Cunners.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely 4 best 22 players to come back in. Pitto depends on whether you subscribe to 1 ruck or 2, or if 1 ruck ... Pitto vs TDK.

I note that we lost to Gold Coast a couple of years ago when Pitto was an out, and Witts has come back in to their side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the changes. Only real weak link now is Fanta. Hope Motts does really well in the magoos and can take his spot next week.
Hoping George is sub, has been very ordinary of late. Carroll needs a full game, hoping he can step up and have a real crack.
Expecting a big game from Harry, improvement from Willo and love the inclusion of Cow.
We will come out smokin' and Goldy will not know what has hit them imo. Blues by 29.

Cowan for Marchbank makes sense with Holman for Day

Wondering which defender apart from Willams plays a different role

Cincotta midfield? Boyd further up the ground?

Intriguing
I’d like to hope they don’t play the same slow midfield all game

Fog and Hollands hopefully more in the guts than normal this week and I agree possibly cincotta with spurts in there too

Would make us way more dynamic with those 3 changes

Nice to have a bit of speed back in Saad and fog.

Also nice to have Cowan back after a poor call last week bringing in the injury riddled Marchbank.

Will be nice to get back to winning.

Tonight just has to be a win.

Next week port in Adelaide could go either way but I’d say more of in their favour.

After that a few games in Melbourne so should be able to snag some wins.

Wonder if they left out a prefix from the reason for Marchbank omission

Take your pick un, pre, mis, co, post.

I am confused why he didn’t come back through the seconds. I understand that he has been through that pathway before and the club obviously see him as well above the grade but to put him in the seniors straight away only to drop him out after 1 game isn’t a great method.

If he doesn’t play at all this weekend he is either very un fit match wise and should not have played seniors last week or he is still sore and should not have played at all last week.

Definitely 4 best 22 players to come back in. Pitto depends on whether you subscribe to 1 ruck or 2, or if 1 ruck ... Pitto vs TDK.

I note that we lost to Gold Coast a couple of years ago when Pitto was an out, and Witts has come back in to their side.

I think at Marvel it’s probably best to play one ruckman and have extra runner granted it’s Witt’s but the team looks better balanced.

It is great to get Saad back, even better now Cincotta seems to have nailed the lock down small defender role. That should free Saad to be a bit more free wheeling again.
Also happy Fog is back in. Just brings constant pressure, something we have been sorely lacking in recent weeks.

Maybe being overly optimistic but expecting our injury woes to lessen over the next month around the bye.
This puts pressure on those fringe guys like Fantasia, Cowan, Carroll etc. to cement a role before the run into finals.

I know it can be seen as nonsense talk and every game matters but this one really feels like "must win".

He was the only one who could catch Blakey last week (2x), who always seems to have a field day running out of defence against us

Fogarty is a very big in for us.
i am on the fence about this, former first round draft pick, coming off career best form but has a long history of average form before his past 15 games.

I really like him as a player and hope he can slot straight back in but i don't think it's fair to put game changing status on him just yet.

Against a Geelong side that didnt have 5 of their best 7 or 8 players, yet still conceded 100? Yeah I remember
Geelong are still a professional outfit and teams don't even put that sort of score on the Kangaroos of the world. 7 junk time goals from Geelong flatter the scoreline for them

Last edited:
i am on the fence about this, former first round draft pick, coming off career best form but has a long history of average form before his past 15 games.

I really like him as a player and hope he can slot straight back in but i don't think it's fair to put game changing status on him just yet.
In his defence, he did miss a couple preseasons and what hampered by a serious back injury / slow recovery post surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back