Autopsy 2024 Rd 15 Blues too cool for Cats

Who played well for the Blues in Round 15 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great day!!!

Aussies had a win in the T20, Storm had a win up in QLD to remain top of the ladder, and I went to the G to watch the boys demolish the pussies.

Plans for Saturday.....head to Princes Park to cheer on the VFL boys and watch Cooper Lord's first game in the navy, then home for the roast dinner and watch tonight's replay.

As an aside, I'm not sure how Elijah's game looked on the TV screen, but being at the game there were times that you shake your head in disbelief....absolute freakish skills. Gerard Healy was a massive rap on him during the course of the game - reckons if you went back to revisit the 2020 draft, he'd be even higher than his pick #7.
Yep the kids got it strength to work through multiple tackles for a handball.
Kicking goals from 50.
Elite vision and descision making

Had a listen to Chris Scott and that’s as complimentary as I’ve ever heard an opposition coach.

Powerful performance, won every aspect of the game.

No weak links, mature and polished

Was having the discussion with my brother at the game as to his standing in our history if we manage to clinch the silverware - captain through a very difficult time and during our most sustained period of no success. Has carried us on his shoulders, achieved the ultimate individual prize and has stuck fat. If he can captain this team to a premiership he’ll be right up there in the convo of the greatest ever Blue

I distinctly remember an interview he had when west Coast were trying to pry him away and he re-signed. He said something along the lines of "yeah I could chase the money, but bringing success to this club will mean more".
If he brings us premiership #17, that, to me, makes him our most valuable player in the modern game. Arguably one of our most valuable ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did what we had to do against a team that hasn't had it together for a while. they're in the 8 but maybe not much longer.
we had our way with them in the last quarter. we won't have it that easy out of the middle very much for the rest of the year, we'll come up against better ruck and midfield set ups. but we made hay and put a team to the sword.
ran in waves and it looked awesome.

both sets of fans annoyed at the umpiring which suggests it was even if confusing. in some ways play was let go and in other moments the whistles are red hot. kemp has been getting caught with the ball a lot lately kind of like young but barely gets a chance to get rid of it or even hold it for very long. otherwise he was fine.

owies looking at a 30 goal year, pretty good for a third banana and having to share with williams. cincotta dangerous in the forward line as well, amazing. hollands involved enough and his goal showcased his endurance. orazio good signs, should have had a goal. durdin's spot looking shaky, nearly took a repeat one-hander tonight. tough getting a permanent gig if you're only playing a quarter. our backs have been sneaking forward the last few weeks. kemp, mcgovern, newman, cowan... massive hoof.

bit of a stamp on the competition, but a long way to go. i've watched the afl highlights video a few times now, kind of need to light up a cigarette after that.

Loved that play where Owies and Fogarty were running flat out to our forward 50m, Owies handballed under pressure to Fog, then Fog returned the handball to Owies who straightened up and kick a goal..
As the noise calmed i yelled out “sheldon, to marcou to ashman, gooooooaaaal” every old carlton fan in ear shot turned to me smiling and laughing

Last edited:
Missed the Lions comeback with Covid.

Asked the missus to pick any game on the fixture.

She picks this one.

Book flights and accommodation.

Research fixture. Carlton Respects game. Missus works in DV. Big tick.

Organise to catch up with most Melvourne based family and friends over the next few days.

Son is asked to pick any shirt in the AFL Shop today. Picks a Charlie Curnow shirt. Kid is a lite attached to the Suns (thinks it's cool we semmhavve family there) as well as Blues and has had a Lions AFLW player coach him for two seasons so big soft spot there. Picking Charlie was a proud Dad moment.

Missus surprises me wearing all Carlton merch with the "Stronger Together" message on the front.

Weather is perfect Friday night footy for the dursuration at the G.

And then the boys deliver arguably the best win against Geelong since the 1995 grand final.

It doesn't get much better than that.
Going to make the Carlton Respects game an annual tradition for us if I have any say in jf.

I love my family, I love all of you and I ****ing love this club.

Thank you Baggers.

Three trains and a bus to get home to The Rat, but it was worth every minute!!!

Singing the Dadadada on two trains, Flinders St Station, entering a bus in Melton at midnight, the Baggers are up and about and September bound !!

And my membership guarantees Little Dirty and me to the Big Dance!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 15 Blues too cool for Cats

Back