Autopsy 2024 Rd 16 Blues tame the Tigers easily

Who played well for the Blues in Round 16 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on with Ollie?

I don't care so much about the low possession games. but he looks really out of sorts.

His strength was his running. I'm sure he's still doing plenty of it.. but he doesn't seem to be gut running into space and helping us transition the footy.

His contested work has never been a strength but it seems he's losing more 1 on 1 contests than ever before.

I've said this before.. but he needs to a massive summer in the gym and put on 5kg of muscle.

For now I don't know what the answer is.
Wasn’t amazing today in regards to stats, but he didn’t need to be. His defensive running was exceptional. He had a few fumbles, but hardly gonna hang him for it. It’s easy to forget he’s a second year player, he’s gonna be a good player for us for a long time

Great get. Zidane always saw the play unfold in other dimensions, with exquisite ball control.
As Fev always used to say, if Hoops was kicking the ball into 50, it would be right where he wanted it.

Elijah gives me the same vibes. Exquisite user of the ball. I think he needs to get the chainsaw out of storage for a goal celebration.

Cripps has really evolved as a player and a leader. Went through a period where he was trying to do to much and many times it was to the detriment of the side

Now, he's making great decisions for the betterment of the team

May not end up being the best player the club has seen, but might end up being our best leader ever

Cripps has really evolved as a player and a leader. Went through a period where he was trying to do to much and many times it was to the detriment of the side

Now, he's making great decisions for the betterment of the team

May not end up being the best player the club has seen, but might end up being our best leader ever
Who’s your best ever….its hard keeping context imo

Who’s your best ever….its hard keeping context imo
Best ever leader? It's a toss up between Big Nick, the Dominator, and Sticks really. All 3 were big time players that the opposition put a lot of effort into shutting down, even to the point of shirtfronting Big Nick in the 73 grand final.

I don't think he's better than Kernahan, Diesel and Nicholls... if we're talking about leaders who impacted the fabric of this club in the way they played and led. There's still time for Cripps to get close to or at that level, though.
Those players are legends of course but they where in incredibly successful sides, which could have arguably made them better…no doubt to me Cripps has impacted the fabric of the club, cellar dwellers when we arrived and he has stuck fat……i want him holding up that cup. Then i want to hug him :)

Best ever leader? It's a toss up between Big Nick, the Dominator, and Sticks really. All 3 were big time players that the opposition put a lot of effort into shutting down, even to the point of shirtfronting Big Nick in the 73 grand final.
Yeh the dominator..what a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's going on with Ollie?

I don't care so much about the low possession games. but he looks really out of sorts.

His strength was his running. I'm sure he's still doing plenty of it.. but he doesn't seem to be gut running into space and helping us transition the footy.

His contested work has never been a strength but it seems he's losing more 1 on 1 contests than ever before.

I've said this before.. but he needs to a massive summer in the gym and put on 5kg of muscle.

For now I don't know what the answer is.

Just holding up till Cotts comes back does look out of sorts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those players are legends of course but they where in incredibly successful sides, which could have arguably made them better…no doubt to me Cripps has impacted the fabric of the club, cellar dwellers when we arrived and he has stuck fat……i want him holding up that cup. Then i want to hug him :)

Then I want to see him singing stand by your man

Yeh jezza

Still i love Cripps
It's an interesting conversation with no absolutely correct answer.

For mine though (based on overall importance to the club for their time).

Diesel and Dominator were great players but not club leaders. Diesel played a large portion of his career elsewhere. Dominator was a huge big game player but erratic off field.

Sticks was similar to Cripps in that he was from interstate and always knocked back huge offers to go back home. Sticks came into a successful team though and never really had to drag a team up the ladder.

Big Nick played for a long time for a club without success and literally dragged our club to the top of the ladder with steely eyed determination. He ended with 5 B & F's and 3 premierships (2 as captain and one as captain coach). To me, if we can win premiership/s under Crippas captaincy he would be well worthy in being mentioned in the same breathe as Big Nick in terms of importance to the Carlton football club. And that's something I doubted that I would ever say about anyone.

Not meaning to denigrate anyone with this. Jezza clearly enters the discussion of best (as in most dynamic) player.

Just holding up till Cotts comes back does look out of sorts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is NO way Cottrell replaces Hollands. Cottrell doesn’t win enough ball and gets lost as a winger. Been tried numerous times and failed.

With his running ability it should suit him but simply doesn’t

Cottrells best performances has been as defensive HF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 16 Blues tame the Tigers easily

Back