Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Flying up to Sydney for the weekend with a few other Carlton fans. Never been to a game at Giants’ stadium before and super excited to be amongst the big travelling blue army. Should be a good contingent of us up there.
Did that two years ago! Don't take a ferry, it's so much further than it seems on 'Maps'! Train it, but you have to change three times!! But it's so worth it, so many Baggers it's like a home game. On the morning of the game there were so many Blues jumpers around Circular Quay it felt like Lygon St....
Enjoy yourselves, Hugo's on the Wharf in Manly is an exceptional feed, not bad on the optic either....

Worst case scenario, let's say Boyd is suspended and in somewhat good news is Kennedy's knee injury is very minor. What changes will be made for these two?
Hewett off sub is obvious. Marchbank to come in? I doubt they'll move Williams back to fill Boyd's role and I wouldn't do it on current form. Any other suggestions?

Worst case scenario, let's say Boyd is suspended and in somewhat good news is Kennedy's knee injury is very minor. What changes will be made for these two?
Hewett off sub is obvious. Marchbank to come in? I doubt they'll move Williams back to fill Boyd's role and I wouldn't do it on current form. Any other suggestions?
Cincotta could move back into the defence rotation for the week

If Boyd doesn’t get off, who is next in? It has to be Marchbank right? Can’t imagine we bring Durdin or Young in to replace a small.

Binns off of halfback, even? Or Binns/Carroll into the middle and Cez to halfback?

I think we’ve got some great depth to cover off the loss of both of these guys, but ideally both are in our best 22

Chugga so underrated, Boyd gets some love but he is so much better than a role player (and I never thought he would be!)

Shall we wait until it's finalised?
I hope and think he gets off. I just said that he would get a week. Just because we look at the world through Navy blue glasses shouldn't mean we can't look at things objectively. It just blows me away that people laugh react for having a different opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope and think he gets off. I just said that he would get a week. Just because we look at the world through Navy blue glasses shouldn't mean we can't look at things objectively. It just blows me away that people laugh react for having a different opinion, especially mods

I guess as supporters, we'd hope that these type of incidents don't impact a players availability. Is that having blue blinkered glasses or passion?

Like having an unexpected win or loss, it doesn't impact or define a season

Interested in your view on our best 22 mate?

Changed a couple of times, and with Jsos and Doc out, right now

Boyd Weitering McGovern
Cowan Kemp Saad

Acres Cripps O Hollands
Pittonet Cerra Hewett

Fog Curnow Martin
TDK McKay Owies

Newman Kennedy Cottrell Walsh E Hollands

I guess as supporters, we'd hope that these type of incidents don't impact a players availability. Is that having blue blinkered glasses or passion?

Like having an unexpected win or loss, it doesn't impact or define a season
Read the news on fb from a post by the AFL page...head a look at the comments and 95% were saying it shouldn't be a suspension.

Does say a bit when most opposition supporters would love one of our players to be suspended.

The common theme was that the Richmond player ducked into Boyd.

Boyd Weitering McGovern
Cowan Kemp Saad

Acres Cripps O Hollands
Pittonet Cerra Hewett

Fog Curnow Martin
TDK McKay Owies

Good looking side👍

Boyd Weitering McGovern
Cowan Kemp Saad

Acres Cripps O Hollands
Pittonet Cerra Hewett

Fog Curnow Martin
TDK McKay Owies

:trophy:

If Boyd doesn’t get off, who is next in? It has to be Marchbank right? Can’t imagine we bring Durdin or Young in to replace a small.

Binns off of halfback, even? Or Binns/Carroll into the middle and Cez to halfback?

I think we’ve got some great depth to cover off the loss of both of these guys, but ideally both are in our best 22

Chugga so underrated, Boyd gets some love but he is so much better than a role player (and I never thought he would be!)
Cinc. Cotts in

Marchbank won’t play for us again.

Just an opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boyd Weitering McGovern
Cowan Kemp Saad

Acres Cripps O Hollands
Pittonet Cerra Hewett

Fog Curnow Martin
TDK McKay Owies

Like the look of it. Williams and Cincotta not in? Good problems to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back