Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dogs play better small than tall.
They have a lot of really talented talls but haven’t figured a game plan that uses them well.
They have traditionally played well small.
They have gone from a dearth to a plethora which they haven’t adjusted to yet.
A few talls out could help there game style

Who would carry him off?

I’m going to hazard a guess and say Weiters and Harry
Owies and Fogarty

Leonardo Dicaprio Eyebrows GIF

100% spot on. Ollie should've been dropped 2 weeks ago.

I thought he'd been trending up since a very slow start to the season and getting dropped back in round 9.

But we've got a glut in the middle with Hewett squeezed out so if we can put Cerra+Walsh+Cotters splitting time on the wing that would be a better solution.

We need Hewett back in there - Ollie will be a gun but his tackling is so poor it's hard to justify his spot especially when he's averaging 11ish pos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brissy are the danger team this finals series. Peaking at the right time and could win it all.
The issue the lions are gonna have is travelling. If they were in this current form, but in the top 2, they would be premiership favourites. But the fact they’ll probably have at least one game in either Melbourne or Sydney in the finals could be their downfall

The issue the lions are gonna have is travelling. If they were in this current form, but in the top 2, they would be premiership favourites. But the fact they’ll probably have at least one game in either Melbourne or Sydney in the finals could be their downfall
They played pretty well at the G on Grand Final day. Very unlucky not to have won. They or Sydney would be formidable opponents for us.

basically us in 2023
We need two home finals.

Look at our finals record over the last 15 years
Week 1 - Won in Melbourne
Week 2 - Lost in Brisbane

Week 2 - Lost in Perth

Week 2 - Lost in Sydney

Week 2 - Won in Melbourne
Week 3 - Lost in Brisbane

We need two home finals.

Week 2 - Lost in Perth

Week 2 - Lost in Sydney

We didn't win a final in 2009, the Brisbane game was our first final since 2001.
We also lost to Sydney at Homebush in 2010.

We need two home finals.

Week 2 - Lost in Perth

Week 2 - Lost in Sydney

We need to finish top 2 and win all 3 weeks. (Weeks 1, 3 and 4)

Who would carry him off?

I’m going to hazard a guess and say Weiters and Harry
They'll fight over it. He might have to be horizontal so they can get 6 or 8 to help😛

Yep but top 2 would mean we have home finals in weeks 1 and 3. Top 4 could see us heading West.

Have we ever won a final interstate?

I miss the good old days when we had away finals still played at the MCG because the rule was at least one final each weekend be played at the MCG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disagree on our defence - it has often held up well despite us being spanked further up the field, including -20 inside 50’s.

The disappointing thing about the GWS game was we dialed up the effort & pressure in the 4th and kicked 5 goals to one.

We took our foot off the pressure peddle & it cost us the game.

That’s all they need to bring consistently.

Agree on Ollie - he’s a good kid with a big future - but he’s our weakest contested link.
Bottom 6 defense is the teams attribute not just the back 6. Doesn't matter the origin it's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back