Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well after reading plenty of complimentary comments here when the rumour of Marchy retiring surfaced, let's keep a positive vibes going. Marchy to show everyone and be rock solid down back on Saturday. No negative nellies, just positive comments on Marchy
Happy So Excited GIF

Thought Cerra was one of our best against the Tigers before being managed as sub. Had 23 disposals 4 clearances and 8 score involvements in just 54% game time.
Didn't realise his tog was so low. Not too bad but we had a lot of guys play well against Richmond because they are the bottom side.

I think by his standards he hasn't been terrific. But it should come soon.

It's an interesting side. One forced change and a ruckman for a small forward.

So Fantasia is the only player to be held accountable for that abomination last week. It would make far more sense if Gov was dropped as he was awful in that game.

Cottrell named on the wing with Ollie on the bench is telling. Ollie might be sub.

TDK named at full forward suggests that Charlie may be a late scratching.

Sam Durdin as an emergency suggests that Weitering is not quite right yet and will be given until the last minute to prove his fitness.

I'm surprised that Fantasia got dropped, but Motlop isn't coming in. I guess Owies is his replacement however.

Obviously Hewett was dropped for balance last week, not form, as we held him over as an emergency. If he is left as the 24th man again, that's not fair on him.

Nope no back peddling what I was told.

I may lose the bet and I'll be happy to catch up with Arrow and have a feed.

But I stand by they don't believe in the two rucks set up.

I'll always have the moral high ground on Arrow 😉

If Charlie is a late out, you do survive for another week rumour boy, but next week will be a certainty 😀

Didn't realise his tog was so low. Not too bad but we had a lot of guys play well against Richmond because they are the bottom side.

I think by his standards he hasn't been terrific. But it should come soon.
I just think he needs continuity - he and Walsh are so important to our midfield group with their ability to spread from stoppage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope no back peddling what I was told.

I may lose the bet and I'll be happy to catch up with Arrow and have a feed.

But I stand by they don't believe in the two rucks set up.

I'll always have the moral high ground on Arrow 😉
So if Charlie drops out of the side, then TDK becomes our 2nd tall forward.

For mine, that's not playing 2 ruckmen, it's one ruckman - ie Pitto - with TDK pinch hitting. It's like saying that we're playing 2 ruckmen when we have TDK doing the main bulk, and Harry coming into pinch hit.

The way I see it is that if Charlie comes out the side then all bets are off. If he's in the side then you'll be shouting Arr0w french champagne and caviar.

Surprised Hewett hasn't been named, back issues or managing workloads?
It does seem for the vast majority of matchups it will be only one of Kennedy/Hewett in the 22. Think that makes sense unless of course Kennedy plays a more 30/70 midfield/forward role. In that case I think you can fit both in.

Are the same people who are saying Ollie should be dropped for George the same that always complain about us being slow?
I'm one of those because I would prefer Hewitt's cleaner hands around the ground.

I rate Ollie and believe he will have a fantastic career, but I think a spell in the 2's will do him no harm. He's not undroppable and hasn't had a good run of form lately. Some of his fumbles are costing us at key moments

For me they are also not a replacement for each other. Cottrell takes Ollie's place on the Wing and Hewitt becomes bench rotation rotation

If we had a Midfielder who had explosion out the pack and speed, I'd have them instead of Hewitt assuming they could play, however we do not so we need to work with what we do have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back