Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

God bless Marchy, but it's so grim he is the next one up when a KPD gets injured. And what does Mots and Hewett need to do to get a game? I guess Ollie moving at snails pace down the wing and getting pinged holding the ball is more important...
I hope he comes in a smashes it out the park this week, but injuries have definitely damaged his career and how he plays. His 2 games this year were very nervy and didnt fill me in confidence he will be around next year

If rumours are true it will be a sad day when he retires but realistically it's probably the right decision for his body and he's come to terms with that

Seems like a genuinely awesome guy and was talented as hell, but injuries can destroy career the most elite of players

I reckon Arrow would be a Chardonnay guy.

Not a hope rumour boy, any case of these would do nicely

Saw this quote from Beveridge

"The way they've picked their emergencies with a midfielder and two small forwards, we sort of anticipate that maybe one of their bigs is coming out - otherwise they are quite tall in their front end"

Interesting that they seem to think a late change is on the cards. That said, he got the make-up of our emergencies wrong - seems to have confused Sam and Corey Durdin!

"The way they've picked their emergencies with a midfielder and two small forwards, we sort of anticipate that maybe one of their bigs is coming out - otherwise they are quite tall in their front end"

Interesting that they seem to think a late change is on the cards. That said, he got the make-up of our emergencies wrong - seems to have confused Sam and Corey Durdin!
Yep said he is "anticipating" Carlton will make a late change. Gotta love Bevo - he really does it his own way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although that's true I don't think it matters too much as we have versatile players in the 22. For instance let's just say Motlop is sub.
  • If a defender is subbed off - Cincotta or Williams can move from their forward role to defence and allow Motlop to slot in.
  • If a midfielder is subbed off - E.Hollands or Fogarty can increase their midfield minutes therefore accommodating Motlop in the forward line.
  • If a forward is subbed of - Motlop takes that spot
And you could do the same exercise with Hewett.
Don't think Williams would be jumping for joy at that idea 🤣

Charlie a late out really narrows the gap between the two sides. Darcy, JUH, Bont in stints and English all have the capacity to stretch our backline. God forbid if Weitering doesn’t get up…

Forward line minus Charlie means we have one dominant KPF. TDK has shown good patches up forward but he’s not a FF. Dogs’ backline is still stretched but their undies will not be as filled if Charlie is out.

Midfield is key, so it’s their bread and butter v ours. As other posters have said, intent and pressure must be brought from opening bounce.
Weiters would be a bigger loss but don't wanna lose either

Hilarious…

Meanwhile Vossy seemed to confirm Charlie was indeed injured last week “(Curnow) was certainly impacted last week, there's no doubt about that," Voss said on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking forward to seeing Marchbank in the side and Kemp playing the 3rd tall

Surprised Hewett hasn't been named, back issues or managing workloads?

Strong side again, bit stiĺ comes down to our intention and pressure like any side

We normally match up well, if we are switched on, us by 5 goals
That's it Arrow. Everyone aboard the Marchie express🥂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back