Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That named list doesn't make sense on face value for mine. I am calling out the ancient dark arts of "funny buggers" being on display. That line up will not run out like that, far less take positions as named. Someone/s are struggling/ wont get up.
Have the pleasure of heading there with my son and 5 x 🐕 supporters. Am hoping for an absolute shock and awe demolition. Want to be able to put the que in the rack at half time and just spend the second half waxing lyrical about how cheap the beers used to be.

Rumour team

Cowan Durdin Kemp
Saad Marchbank Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Cincotta DeKoning Williams
Owies McKay Fogarty
Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Boyd Cottrell Hollands Kennedy
Hewett/Motlop

I'd be really happy to see Curnow and Weitering miss and get a rest as long as we win. McGovern, Weitering and Curnow are massive outs for us, but I feel if we are the real deal that we still win this one. I think the ins are ok.

It's a bit of a shame if we have outs as the seconds have really good numbers this week but if our ins are good then that's a real bonus.

I'd love to see Durdin put his hand up and show the comp he is an AFL level fullback. Durdin has been good in the reserves and was really good in the preseason match sims by all reports. Missed out early rounds when Weitering was missing, that was probably make or break for him. Now as it looks like he is a likely cut from our list, his career is genuinely make or break. His performance this game could determine whether his AFL career continues. Whether that be with us or another club.

DeKoning is an ok forward, nothing special, but this is his moment. Not playing 3rd tall but key forward. When he's on he's really on. A fit DeKoning playing forward will be better than Curnow the past two weeks. Curnow has been a liability, a turnover point on the ground. I actually would not be against giving him a forced rest. His defensive efforts have been rubbish and if you are playing injured and can't chase, have a spell.

I'm backing Marchbank in. Not expecting that he comes in and kills it, but I feel that he's not going to let us down. Build form towards the version of Marchbank that destroyed Hipwood in a prelim final and was one of our best players would be really handy going into the late part of the season.

My worry is that we are carrying too many non goal kicking forwards. Cincotta who tags a midfielder from half forward. Cottrell and Fogarty is not inspiring.

Our midfield needs to lift after the beating it copped last week.

Soapy V think this side could run out?

I didn't think voss sounded confident about any of our injured players...I'll believe charlie and weiters are playing when they run out tomorrow
The emergencies pretty much confirm that.
If Weiters doesn't get up, Durdin comes in.
If Curnow doesn't get up, TDK plays mostly forward, Pitto solo ruck, Motlop in to make forward 6 a bit smaller.
If TDK doesn't get up, similar to above. Pitto rucks and Motlop takes TDK's spot in the forward line.

Rumour team

Cowan Durdin Kemp
Saad Marchbank Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Owies McKay Fogarty
Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Hewett/Motlop

I'd be really happy to see Curnow and Weitering miss and get a rest as long as we win. McGovern, Weitering and Curnow are massive outs for us, but I feel if we are the real deal that we still win this one. I think the ins are ok.

It's a bit of a shame if we have outs as the seconds have really good numbers this week but if our ins are good then that's a real bonus.

I'd love to see Durdin put his hand up and show the comp he is an AFL level fullback. Durdin has been good in the reserves and was really good in the preseason match sims by all reports. Missed out early rounds when Weitering was missing, that was probably make or break for him. Now as it looks like he is a likely cut from our list, his career is genuinely make or break. His performance this game could determine whether his AFL career continues. Whether that be with us or another club.

DeKoning is an ok forward, nothing special, but this is his moment. Not playing 3rd tall but key forward. When he's on he's really on. A fit DeKoning playing forward will be better than Curnow the past two weeks. Curnow has been a liability, a turnover point on the ground. I actually would not be against giving him a forced rest. His defensive efforts have been rubbish and if you are playing injured and can't chase, have a spell.

I'm backing Marchbank in. Not expecting that he comes in and kills it, but I feel that he's not going to let us down. Build form towards the version of Marchbank that destroyed Hipwood in a prelim final and was one of our best players would be really handy going into the late part of the season.

My worry is that we are carrying too many non goal kicking forwards. Cincotta who tags a midfielder from half forward. Cottrell and Fogarty is not inspiring.

We have games against Hawks, North, WC and Saints to rest players. Dogs and Port are important to be as full strength as possible. Both sides are inconsistent, but capable of playing top 4 footy.

In this current side, I am not so sure Weitering can ever miss and I'd feel okay about it...
Truly great teams can have faith in winning without some stars and backing in their depth.

Could our 2000's team win against mid table sides missing Silvagni and Whitnall? Could the 1995 Blues win against mid tables sides without Kernahan and Silvagni? Most likely.

I am hoping like hell that we can back these guys in to come in and do a job and we win these games.

Truly great teams can have faith in winning without some stars and backing in their depth.

Could our 2000's team win against mid table sides missing Silvagni and Whitnall? Could the 1995 Blues win against mid tables sides without Kernahan and Silvagni? Most likely.

I am hoping like hell that we can back these guys in to come in and do a job and we win these games.
prayer GIF

Rumour team

Cowan Durdin Kemp
Saad Marchbank Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Owies McKay Fogarty
Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Hewett/Motlop

How does that work happy for them to miss as long as we win ?

Rumour team

Cowan Durdin Kemp
Saad Marchbank Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Owies McKay Fogarty
Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Hewett/Motlop

That team wouldn’t get within 4 goals of the dogs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would suggest there's a strong chance of TDK out Jesse Motlop in. That's what makes the most sense. TDK injured in the first quarter and battled it out maybe still injured this week. Either him or Charlie.
Reckon motlop to ruck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sub comes from one of the 5 named on the bench, right? That's why the 18 initially named on field appear a little strange, as they're forcing them into the 'safe' 18 vs leaving the remaining 5 for the sub choice

Yep!

Just thought I would stir the pot a bit more…

People here are kidding themselves if they think we can win without Charlie and JW against quality oppo and especially in a final.

THE most important player is JW by a mile.You might pinch a win here or there at best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed but that’s every side to be fair. Sydney and Brisbane would be the same

Also the dogs have way more outs

Saw this quote from Beveridge

"The way they've picked their emergencies with a midfielder and two small forwards, we sort of anticipate that maybe one of their bigs is coming out - otherwise they are quite tall in their front end"

Interesting that they seem to think a late change is on the cards. That said, he got the make-up of our emergencies wrong - seems to have confused Sam and Corey Durdin!
Only just heard it now, that's embarrassing! from a coach!!

Disagree, JW yes Charlie no, Charlie has been the worst performing forward in the AFL in terms of conversion from the number of times he is kicked to goals in the last 6 weeks.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the stats from the First Crack preview show why Pitt is in this week.

Dogs
#1 team scoring from stoppage
#1 team scoring from F50 stoppage

Blues
#17 team defending scores from stoppage
#18 team defending scores from D50 stoppage

We know we are a better team at stoppage with Pitto in the team but it hurts our turnover work.
I think the coaches are making sure we don't get smashed at the source this week - horses for courses and all that.
I think some of these stats listed on first crack are a bit off. Apparently we’re 1st or 2nd in most of these in our last 6 weeks.

Rumour team

Cowan Durdin Kemp
Saad Marchbank Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Owies McKay Fogarty
Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Hewett/Motlop

Pretty sure leaving out both Curnow & Weitering out tomorrow is taking the opposition for granted.

Both don't seem to have injuries of significance & maintaining a good position on the ladder is important as going interstate to win finals is a tough challenge.
Manage the list against lesser opposition in the run home.

Weitering is not replaceable in our back half & the Dogs also have two key forwards capable of kicking 4-5 goals each

Last edited:
Rumour team

Cowan Durdin Kemp
Saad Marchbank Newman
Hollands Cripps Acres
Owies McKay Fogarty
Pittonet Walsh Cerra
Hewett/Motlop

I was told early in week that Weitering unlikely. Now has until tomorrow to declare himself ready. Still very sore

Charlie I haven’t heard anything definitive

I think the stats from the First Crack preview show why Pitt is in this week.

Dogs
#1 team scoring from stoppage
#1 team scoring from F50 stoppage

Blues
#17 team defending scores from stoppage
#18 team defending scores from D50 stoppage

We know we are a better team at stoppage with Pitto in the team but it hurts our turnover work.
I think the coaches are making sure we don't get smashed at the source this week - horses for courses and all that.
Yep this, plus:
  • English has a habit of getting bullied by strong rucks, including Jordan Sweet last week. Pitto can expose him.
  • Flow on is our mids getting on front foot and we gain territory. If we lost the ruck battle against this Dogs team they'd expose us for leg speed.
  • TDK might not he 100% so gets to have an easier game playing mostly forward.
  • We won 2 finals last year playing 2 rucks plus Harry and Charlie...its not like we're terrible with that setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back